Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 07:03 AM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Here is the part that you are failing to understand. The law is not based on what the 17-year-old THINKS! The law ASSUMES that 17-year-olds (male or female) are incapable of CONSENTING to having sex with a much older person. Therefore, the law DECLARES that a much older person who is having sex with a 17-year-old, is guilty of statutory RAPE regardless of what the 17-year-old THINKS about the relationship.

The fact that some 17-year-old girls are IN LOVE with their older paramour has ZERO to do with it. It's still a crime for ANY older adult to take advantage of 17-year-olds regardless of whether the 17-year-old enjoys the sex or how the 17-year-old feels about their sex partner.

If you don't feel capable of debating the issues with this "unintelligent" male, then feel free to drop out of the discussion at any time. We'll understand.

Nothing to do with understanding the law. The statement was: If the roles were reversed, what makes you think that a 17-year-old girl would be hurt by a similar situation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2024, 07:06 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I've head of guys being with 'older women' but they were usually like 5-10 years older. This woman is 28 years older. Just weird...

if older women were men's fantasies playboy and other men's magazines would be filled with women in their 40's/40's etc. Men tend to end up with younger woman...men often leave their wives for younger women. Women spend their lives trying to look...younger. Let's not pretend that old women are want men really want.
A 45 year old woman isn’t “old” though… For reference, Beyoncé is 42 years old.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:14 AM

16,294 posts, read 8,126,207 times
old to a 17 year old.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:49 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
old to a 17 year old.
I’m pretty sure a lot of 17 year olds would without hesitation jump at the opportunity if Beyoncé tried to seduce them.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:55 AM

5,954 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats what you said, not what I said.
Ill say it again maybe that will help.
I'm saying generallyyoung girls (teens not 30-40 year olds) and teen boys view sex differently. Teenage girls tend to equate sex with love while boys just see sex. Generally. Bonding vs. lust.
Yes, you ARE trying to make it sound OK for the females to do what they want regardless of age because of how girls "feel". And I'm trying, yet again, to explain that "feelings" have nothing to do with THE LAW... nor should they.

Would you say that it was OK for a 35-year-old man to have sex with a 13-year-old girl provided the 35-year-old man FELT that he was in love with the young girl? I certainly wouldn't think it was OK. Nor would I think it was OK if the sexes were reversed in that situation. In short, I think it's wrong in BOTH cases and that's what the law says.

Old 04-17-2024, 07:59 AM

7,179 posts, read 9,306,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
They have a name for it - pedophilla
I'll bet his friends have a name for it...

Lucky

Old 04-17-2024, 08:03 AM

1,111 posts, read 606,309 times
Quote:
I've head of guys being with 'older women' but they were usually like 5-10 years older. This woman is 28 years older. Just weird...

if older women were men's fantasies playboy and other men's magazines would be filled with women in their 40's/40's etc. Men tend to end up with younger woman...men often leave their wives for younger women. Women spend their lives trying to look...younger. Let's not pretend that old women are want men really want.
You are correct in stating that older men tend to prefer younger women.

In this situation, we are talking about young men.

The typical dynamic is that the average young man is desperate for sex and his peers (young women) tends to not want it.

In comes the "cougars".

The stereotypical scenario is that an older woman wants sex, but her hubby isn't providing it or her peers are not interested in women their age.

All the MILF fantasies basically are the fodder for young men. NOT older men.

The hyper sexual appetite of a young man is appealing to the neglected / sex deprived older woman.

Old 04-17-2024, 08:03 AM

5,954 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Nothing to do with understanding the law. The statement was: If the roles were reversed, what makes you think that a 17-year-old girl would be hurt by a similar situation
I think that my post just above explains my thoughts on the law and "feelings".

Old 04-17-2024, 08:08 AM

2,020 posts, read 976,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Yes, you ARE trying to make it sound OK for the females to do what they want regardless of age because of how girls "feel". And I'm trying, yet again, to explain that "feelings" have nothing to do with THE LAW... nor should they.

Would you say that it was OK for a 35-year-old man to have sex with a 13-year-old girl provided the 35-year-old man FELT that he was in love with the young girl? I certainly wouldn't think it was OK. Nor would I think it was OK if the sexes were reversed in that situation. In short, I think it's wrong in BOTH cases and that's what the law says.

100%.
Lots of antiquated sentiment here that needs to be challenged. (Not you, but many other posts here)

Old 04-17-2024, 08:37 AM

16,272 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
When i was in high schools the boys were interested in the hot high school girls...maaybe college. No one was interested in anyone's mothers....i also think mothers look different today than i was in high school (90's). There's a lot more effort that women put into their appearance to look younger it seems.
I was once a 17 year old boy, by your username I'm going to assume you were never a 17 year old boy. I can assure you hooking up with an attractive 45 year old woman is a thought many have. However we would never have shared these feelings with female classmate so you wouldn't know. But trust me it's not that unusual for male high school 17 years olds to have these feelings and discuss them among other male friends. I know we did but I don't recall it being a specific woman, certainly nobody's mom or a teacher, it was just general guy talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events