Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 12:37 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Friends like this who needs enemies.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:11 PM

Two-fold info:

Can grape seed extract protect dental health?

I absolutely know my dental health is good due to decades of grape seed ex. I've had a dental plan, smilesaver, and it was good...but now have no dental plans/insurance. I'm doing a good job taking care of my dental hygene.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:46 PM

More ways/reasons to stay away from dental chairs.

6 Reasons to Start Using Coconut Oil Toothpaste

Old 04-08-2016, 11:14 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
More ways/reasons to stay away from dental chairs.

6 Reasons to Start Using Coconut Oil Toothpaste
I am in full support of this. As a dentist, it will send my kids to college. Keep spreading the word!

Old 04-09-2016, 11:10 AM

Default Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
I am in full support of this. As a dentist, it will send my kids to college. Keep spreading the word!

I'll keep spreading my holistic words. aka Prevention

Last edited by jaminhealth; 04-09-2016 at 11:23 AM..

Old 07-14-2016, 04:31 PM

Just spreading the word again, no dental appts for this gal and my prevention protocols. Some one just posted on a hip group I'm a member of, that she was told she "needs" $5000 of deep pocket scaling. I gave her my info and what I think NOW about dental work and medicine outlandish prices anyway.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:36 PM

350 posts, read 416,101 times
I found this video on how to brush your teeth informative. This is definitely part of the problem of misinformation by the industry which causes dental problems. Then there are some dentists that feel that patients don't take care of their teeth. Granted there are some, but with all the "tools" out there that people use I believe a great deal of the problem is in misinformation.

Anyway, this dentist is refreshing. I wish I lived in California and had him as a dentist. Hope this helps someone - it did me!

Dr. Mark Burhenne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJvqkj8c0s

Old 07-17-2016, 06:52 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,080,833 times
Quote:
Just spreading the word again, no dental appts for this gal and my prevention protocols. Some one just posted on a hip group I'm a member of, that she was told she "needs" $5000 of deep pocket scaling. I gave her my info and what I think NOW about dental work and medicine outlandish prices anyway.
You are very fortunate that you have gotten positive outcomes with your specific health regimens, but what works for you may not work for another. The reason being, although they may be afflicted with a same or similar health issue their individual contributing factors may be very different that yours, and this fact may require a very different treatment approach which may include allopathic treatment modalities. In my 38 year nursing career I have first hand witnessed disastrous outcomes from both allopathic and complimentary care practices, and most of these situations occurred from treatment practices that were either self directed or on the advise from a non credentialed person that does not have the didactic and clinical foundation to diagnose and treat. Those who choose to or want to explore a more complimentary path to health maintenance and disease treatment I highly advocate professionally directed care from a naturopathic physician. These practitioners have the education and credentials to diagnose and treat, as well as the professional ethics which directs them when to refer a patient to an allopathic physician when the patient's health issue is out of their scope of practice to treat.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:36 PM

Oh believe me I've had a mouthful of dental work in my almost 78 yrs. If I had known way back what I know today, maybe things would have been different now. For one thing cutting WAY BACK on the sugar habit...I've cut WAY BACK on that and with the CO toothpaste I'm doing great and no dental visits at this point. How long this will last, who knows, but I'm "in" for the long run with the CO protocols.

I know carbs turn to sugar and I've stopped bringing breads into my house for going on 7 yrs or so. From the allopathic world, we don't hear prevention....I never did anyway and the push for the 7 decades of fluoridation and who's benefitting, the "industry".

The medical/dental schools don't go to "keeping people healthy", they want everyone who is sick and diseased so they can push their years of drug training and surgery, and dental work etc on patients. It's taken a lot of years for me to "see this" but I've arrived and doing my best to keep what's left of me for the rest of my days.

Preaching prevention to their patients = losing business.

If more can "get this" at a younger age, they can have more years of good health ahead of them.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-17-2016 at 01:49 PM..

Old 07-17-2016, 02:18 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
I have done oil pulling a little but not really now. As this link says the coconut oil FAT dissolves and weakens the plaque.
Dental Plaque Removal at Home Technique | The Cure Manual

My daughter uses CO and she has been adding to her dog's food for a couple yrs now and her coat is so healthy and clean and no dryness. And her teeth and breath are good.

CO is a good saturated oil/fat.
Yeah I hear coconut oil is good for a lot of things but it hasn't seemed to work on my dog. I think his skin is just far too complicated for anything to work because I feel like I've tried everything. However they do seem to like their food better with the CO mixed in.

I'm not sure about using coconut oil toothpaste because I feel like I'm going to do it wrong but I have been using Tom's brand toothpaste and my teeth seem better. Unfortunately I think they are still suffering due to no professional intervention. My core problem is my crooked ones and the baby teeth that never fell out. My teeth were the best when I used OraMD. The dentist even said my teeth were looking good at that time (I still needed braces obv but my teeth were pretty healthy. I got a few cavities probly due to misalignment but overall very good) but sadly no regular stores sell it and it's so expensive but Tom's is at least better than the regular brands.
I feel like it can be hard to chew because I have crooked teeth so idk what to do about that. I probably have to be careful how I brush as well bc again it might be harder to brush with misaligned teeth but most of the time I seem okay lately.

I got some grape seed extract because it's apparently good for allergies so it'd be great if it's helping my teeth too. However I have read that I can't take zinc with it so I haven't taken it in a while.

Last edited by Nickchick; 07-17-2016 at 03:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.