Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 02:01 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDH35 View Post
It's not about experiencing life. It's literally science. You do not get fluorosis from one application of fluoride varnish after bracket removal. You just don't. So stop telling people to do research that you, yourself, need to do. From actual sites with actual research, conducted by people who are actual scientists. The Cochrane review is a very easy, very accessible place for you to start. Real research involves reading everything. Not just cherry picking the sites that support your personal opinions.
She didn't have ONE application, I don't know how many she had.

But the shock of seeing her mottled teeth after 2+ yrs of braces and expense. Good GRIEF.

Her's is the very mild picture:

http://fluoridealert.org/issues/fluorosis/

I don't need the Cochrane studies, I first became aware of the dangers of fluoride in 1991 and I've been in the battle to end it since then. I was born and raised in this crap and a mouthful of dental work to prove it didn't help me.

The History of this STUFF is so dark, deceptive and profit driven and maybe 1/2% know of this history.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-23-2016 at 02:16 PM..

Old 07-23-2016, 02:42 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
See an orthodontist to find out what can be done to straighten your teeth. Most let you pay over time, not all up front.
Yeah I did see an orthodontist for an evaluation recently and they weren't much help. The braces are at least 3000 dollars. I do not qualify for Invisalign either which bums me out. They told me to seek help from the health department and they only take care of children. I am pretty much about broke at the moment so I guess my teeth will have to wait. I still think it is so stupid that dental care is not covered on insurance because as I say your teeth are part of you and having bad teeth can affect the rest of your health. I guess they figure if you brush your teeth and floss them that is all you need to do but if you have crooked teeth what are you to do?
I guess technically my teeth are not that bad in the sense they haven't been giving me pain lately. Since using the Tom's and my mechanical flosser, they seem better and it's apparently not just me because I've been told by the guy I'm dating that my teeth look like I've been taking better care of them but I am still pretty sure I can't chew anything intense like sunflower seeds. My teeth hurt just thinking about eating those but I used to love eating them. So I know they still need work because they are not as strong as they could be.

Last edited by Nickchick; 07-23-2016 at 02:52 PM..

Old 07-23-2016, 02:54 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post

I don't need the Cochrane studies, I first became aware of the dangers of fluoride in 1991 and I've been in the battle to end it since then. I was born and raised in this crap and a mouthful of dental work to prove it didn't help me.

The History of this STUFF is so dark, deceptive and profit driven and maybe 1/2% know of this history.
Hilarious. In other words, don't confuse you with the facts....

Old 07-23-2016, 03:21 PM

I've studied this issue long and don't need probably backed CDC studies. Read the Fluoride Deception for starters....I don't think Bryson wrote the book for kicks.

It's waste that they are using...profits in and out for them.

They are not using calcium fluoride. And even so medicating us thru our waters is NOT humane. If they want to medicate people, why not anti depressants and laxatives.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:46 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Yeah I did see an orthodontist for an evaluation recently and they weren't much help. The braces are at least 3000 dollars.
That is a bummer. It looks like your choice is to try to save up the money as best you can.

Could you look for a job with dental insurance that covers orthodontia? It might have a waiting period and probably would not cover the entire cost but maybe a big chunk of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Hilarious. In other words, don't confuse you with the facts....
Yup.

Dental Fluorosis: Much Ado about Nothing

"Fluoride given to adolescents and adults does not and cannot cause them to develop fluorosis."

Old 07-24-2016, 12:23 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That is a bummer. It looks like your choice is to try to save up the money as best you can.

Could you look for a job with dental insurance that covers orthodontia? It might have a waiting period and probably would not cover the entire cost but maybe a big chunk of it.
I'm having trouble finding a job period so... I am in the process of pursuing a work at home opportunity but it's contract work so no insurance. Dental care will probly eat up a lot of the pay check if I am even able to do it because I was having trouble with learning it at first. I have been going through personal stress atm so I want to be in the right mindset before I go back to the work at home since it is complicated work. I wasn't able to get paid yet because the site had technical issues.

But I know even if I did get a regular job I would imagine a lot of them don't cover them anyway and only cover the most basic care. Really I am not worried about insurance if the paycheck is decent enough where I can set aside money but minimum wage probably won't be enough.

Old 07-24-2016, 11:42 AM

More and more dentists coming out against this TOXIN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYiiErZF-NM

Old 07-24-2016, 01:09 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times
Quote:
More and more dentists coming out against this TOXIN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYiiErZF-NM

"The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology" sure does sound official and authoritative doesn't it?

Some Notes on the International Academy Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT)

Old 07-24-2016, 02:18 PM

I have no trust in the quackwatch folks. Too much evidence on the "F" toxicity. Quack is most likely supported by AMA folks.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:36 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
I have no trust in the quackwatch folks. Too much evidence on the "F" toxicity. Quack is most likely supported by AMA folks.
Fluoride appears naturally in water. If there is too much, it causes staining of teeth. If there is too little, people get more cavities.

Adjusting the amount, by adding or removing it, reduces cavities without causing tooth staining. The proper amount is not "toxic".

The AMA has nothing to do with Quackwatch but feel to support quacks if you wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.