Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 06:45 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

I'm at the last quarter of my life and I've learned so much in the last 20some yrs. I had plenty of dental work in my life for sure.

I've done a lot of research of oil of oregano and using it about daily for a tooth area that has been problematic for about 10 yrs....long story.

I make my own toothpaste with a coconut oil base and add some good stuff to it. There are many receipes for homemade TP on the net.

I do my very very best to avoid fluoride which means don't drink or cook with tap water as our city fluoridated in 2009.....fluoride is not our friend, very much an enemy. You can start your education at the site FAN which offers mega amounts of info.

Oh and grape seed extract is an incredible antioxidant for our whole body including our mouth/GUMS.

You can find info on all these topics on the net. I'm willing to talk about any of them.

Good to be here and I accidentally found this group yesterday. J

Old 01-23-2016, 10:40 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Just imagine how much nicer your teeth would be now if you had been using fluoridated toothpaste.

Also you can get plenty of thymol (the active chemical in oil of oregano) in old fashioned Listerine, no need to buy the ingredients separately. Just remember to dilute it if you plan on using it every day, or you could end up with mouth ulcers.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:54 PM

Oh yeah, I was born and raised in fluoridated water in PA and sadly everyone baked cookies/pies/cakes/breads...sugar GALORE. I consumed them all and drank, brushed, bathed, showered in fluorides and now living with a bodywide osteoarthritis and mouthful of dental work.

"F" is NOT the answer...our organs and glands don't need this stuff. I would not use listerine, check out the alcohol in it.

Old 01-23-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh yeah, I was born and raised in fluoridated water in PA and sadly everyone baked cookies/pies/cakes/breads...sugar GALORE. I consumed them all and drank, brushed, bathed, showered in fluorides and now living with a bodywide osteoarthritis and mouthful of dental work.

"F" is NOT the answer...our organs and glands don't need this stuff. I would not use listerine, check out the alcohol in it.
You're not supposed to DRINK the listerine. And you're not supposed to swallow the toothpaste. You have bad teeth because possibly a) genetics, b) you ate a lot of sugar, c) coffee and colas, lemon juice, and a myriad of other things that are known, scientifically, to rot your teeth d) rejecting fluoride since 1991 (according to your posts) e) physicaL trauma such as getting punched in the mouth or f) any combination thereof.

Fluoride does is not the cause of osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is caused by aging, obesity, and joint injury. Not using fluoride will not prevent osteoarthritis, and using it will not cause or contribute to it.

You're pushing quackery and conspiracy nonsense. It doesn't belong in the dental forum, or the regular health forum. Maybe you'll find a more eager readership in alt-med or great debates.

Old 01-23-2016, 03:22 PM

It's OK to disagree and you are not anywhere near the camp of better health and the toxins forced down our throats.

I said I was born and raised in fluoridated water...I'm 77 so a lot of years of fluoridation.

Yes, I listened to a lecture on toxic chemicals in 1991 and that lecture opened my mind.

And if ONLY I didn't eat all the sugars/carbs while growing up, but I did...and knew nothing as a child.

Old 01-23-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
It's OK to disagree and you are not anywhere near the camp of better health and the toxins forced down our throats.

I said I was born and raised in fluoridated water...I'm 77 so a lot of years of fluoridation.

Yes, I listened to a lecture on toxic chemicals in 1991 and that lecture opened my mind.

And if ONLY I didn't eat all the sugars/carbs while growing up, but I did...and knew nothing as a child.
Right. So you stopped using fluoride in 1991. That was 15 years ago, which put you at around 52 when you stopped. I'm 55 and I've been rinsing with and showering with fluoridated water and using fluoridated toothpaste since I cut my first teeth. So have most old people, even the ones who don't have the plethora of medical maladies you claim to have.

What's wrong with you, is not likely to have ANYTHING to do with fluoride. Except the dental issues, which probably would not have been nearly as bad as they are now, if you hadn't stopped using fluoridated toothpaste.

Old 01-23-2016, 03:40 PM

OA is caused by many things, joint damage from so much. I exercised and danced all my life from age 12...mother and her sisters all dealt with OA...in their case it was sugar consumption. and could be genetics are a huge part. I believe no one escapes this planet without some arthritis..

After a hip replacement in 2010, OA is way worse in my body...

I never stopped using F toothpaste because I never used it. I learned about this chemical or whatever it is in 1991. Why do you think there are so many TP's now that don't add "F" and the "black box" now added to "F" toothpaste.

Thanks for all your words, I'm done. Hope your teeth remain great.

OH a PS: My grandgirl went thru braces etc ended up with beautiful teeth and her parents let their dentist do fluoride gel baths or whatever the dentists do, and my grandgirl now 19 is left with moderate dental fluorosis.

A neighbor tells me her 3 adult sons all have dental fluorosis..and this neighbor has very thin enamel and she blames it on F.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 01-23-2016 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: made a PS

Old 01-23-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
OA is caused by many things, joint damage from so much. I exercised and danced all my life from age 12...mother and her sisters all dealt with OA...in their case it was sugar consumption. and could be genetics are a huge part. I believe no one escapes this planet without some arthritis..

After a hip replacement in 2010, OA is way worse in my body...

I never stopped using F toothpaste because I never used it. I learned about this chemical or whatever it is in 1991. Why do you think there are so many TP's now that don't add "F" and the "black box" now added to "F" toothpaste.

Thanks for all your words, I'm done. Hope your teeth remain great.

OH a PS: My grandgirl went thru braces etc ended up with beautiful teeth and her parents let their dentist do fluoride gel baths or whatever the dentists do, and my grandgirl now 19 is left with moderate dental fluorosis.

A neighbor tells me her 3 adult sons all have dental fluorosis..and this neighbor has very thin enamel and she blames it on F.
It really sounds like you're just incredibly misinformed, which is worse than being uninformed. Fluorosis is caused by consuming TOO much fluoride - not by being exposed to any at all. And "too much" is described as taking fluoride supplements and/or swallowing fluoridated toothpaste *combined* with consuming water that's already fluoridated. In addition, this only happens on children, to their permanent teeth as those teeth are growing in. Fluorosis isn't a disease, it's a cosmetic condition. The result is discoloration or pitting of the outside surface of the teeth. Fluorosis doesn't cause cavities but if someone is consuming enough fluoride to cause fluorosis, it's possible they're doing OTHER inappropriate things that might cause cavities (like brushing too hard, not brushing often enough, smoking, never flossing, chewing ice, etc).

In addition, the fact that you overconsumed sugar as a child without sufficient fluoride, is the most likely cause of your dental problems. Sugar DEmineralizes the dentin and enamel. Fluoride REmineralizes it. If you demineralize a lot, and don't do enough to remineralize, then you end up - with cavities.

Fluoride is a naturally-occurring mineral. It's in lots of foods you eat, and it's in the water you drink EVEN if no extra is added. But because people eat too much sugar, it needs to be offset with fluoride if they value their teeth.

Apparently, you lost that information along the way. Perhaps your parents didn't know this. As for the neighbors, their teeth can be treated to cover the staining. Fluoride doesn't thin enamel. Sugar does. NOT treating it with fluoride cause the sugar (and starch, and acids) to be more efficient at rotting your teeth.

But - you're done, as you say - so you won't be responding. I hope you learned something new from this discussion.

Old 01-23-2016, 05:52 PM

Sounds like you are employed by the industry!!! I've run across a few in my travels.

Yes it's naturally occurring, BUT not what is going into our public waters. A lot of it is now coming in from China as they have much more waste than we do.

Our city had the naturally occurring in it's water until 2009 when they "sold out"...it was great living here in this environmentally thinking city but as I said they "sold out".

Old 02-04-2016, 02:03 AM

27 posts, read 78,952 times
I give this kind of surgery related to gum in Dallas. But the problem like you face is not occurs in any cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.