Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 04:30 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,726,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I don't usually eat the movie theater food. But I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER sneak outside food in to the theater. I HATE people who do this and always tell movie theater security to remove them. Signs are all over the place saying "NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK" so people should abide by their rules.

if you don't want to bring outside food into a theater, then don't. But don't be a freaking RAT because you see someone else with a $1 box of candy or a bottle of water. Mind your own freaking business!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I now attend one of those "upscale" movie theaters where they have restaurant quality food. You can get a meal comparable to something you'd get in a casual dining restaurant like Applebees or TGI Friday. It's great if you after work and can get a real dinner and a movie. Fun times.
and exactly how do you balance this "restaurant quality" meal on your lap while you're trying to watch a movie? Or do they actually have tables for people to sit at? (not that I would trust a table to be clean in a dark theater!!)

Old 05-26-2014, 04:38 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,672,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
and exactly how do you balance this "restaurant quality" meal on your lap while you're trying to watch a movie? Or do they actually have tables for people to sit at? (not that I would trust a table to be clean in a dark theater!!)
I was at a theater like this recently. Each row of seats has a long table that runs the entire length of the row. It was a rather nice change of pace from the other theaters I'd been to.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:14 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,954,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
They have tables in front of every seat. I have been to a movie with full meals once. I really enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the complete darkness in the theater made it impossible for me to see what I was eating. I wouldn't have noticed if they would have subbed a roach in place of the chicken that was supposed to be in my enchiladas until it was too late

Old 05-26-2014, 05:42 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,521,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
You'd hate the Edwards theater where I live. They have the same sign, but sorry, I'm not paying $5.25 for a bottle of water. I've been going for a couple of years and take in my own water from outside. I don't try to hide it, I just walk in carrying the bottle. I go once a month and I've never been stopped.

I don't eat anything and can't stand the smell of popcorn. I had to move once because someone sat next to me with a big tub of popcorn and the smell was terrible.
Popcorn smells like rancid farts to me.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
They have tables in front of every seat. I have been to a movie with full meals once. I really enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like about it was the complete darkness in the theater made it impossible for me to see what I was eating. I wouldn't have noticed if they would have subbed a roach in place of the chicken that was supposed to be in my enchiladas until it was too late
I could/would never eat in a dark theater. You really have no clue what you're eating or what's in it. Like you said, could be a roach (or anything else for that matter) put in your food. No thanks!! I'll eat my dinner before or after the movie in a place where I know exactly what I'm eating!

Old 05-26-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I was at a theater like this recently. Each row of seats has a long table that runs the entire length of the row. It was a rather nice change of pace from the other theaters I'd been to.

I don't find this nice at all. What if you're eating your dinner and someone from the middle of the aisle decides they want to get up and go to the rest room or leave or whatever?? I don't think I'd want someone walking directly over my food.

I think it's a bad idea UNLESS the theaters want to have a separate section with private tables where you can sit and eat (like the balcony or something). Then again, who wants to eat in a pitch dark theater? Gross.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:49 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,212,509 times
Theaters period, just make no sense to me since watching the movie at home is just more efficient.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:28 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,943,588 times
If I actually go to theater to see a movie, then I absolutely purchase refreshments. Anyone who's ever worked in a movie theater will usually do the same.

Ticket price goes almost entirely toward the film rental fee. Operating overheads, wages and theater improvements come almost entirely from upcharge on refreshment sales. If you go to see the movie, but don't buy refreshments, you'll keep the film company & distributors operating; but the actual theater will eventually go out of business.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:53 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,662,523 times
I like movie theater popcorn -- love the smell, it puts me in a movie mood. I'm like Pavlov's dog -- the minute I walk into a theater and smell that popcorn -- yummm! Yes, it costs. *Shrug*. Doesn't matter -- I like it, and I don't mind paying for it, the few times each year I actually go out to the movies. I never buy candy there, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts