Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 03:20 AM

155 posts, read 449,239 times

Advertisements

i saying nyc is bigger then la is outgrown surban area la need a huge urban devlompent take out homes first put condo etc that is urban life but do not think going happen plus those mountains people living on there any way county is a 10 million plus city is 4 million plus that a lot people and need better trasit get pass nyc a least i need glasses bad that make my write mess up but you no diffrent or better person lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 08:29 AM

521 posts, read 1,629,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelers247 View Post
^That's the longest, most grammatically incorrect run-on sentence I have ever seen.
LMAO. no kidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by money23 View Post
i saying nyc is bigger then la is outgrown surban area la need a huge urban devlompent take out homes first put condo etc that is urban life but do not think going happen plus those mountains people living on there any way county is a 10 million plus city is 4 million plus that a lot people and need better trasit get pass nyc a least i need glasses bad that make my write mess up but you no diffrent or better person lol
I dont think you know LA very well. Anyone that knows LA intimately, that is, having lived day to day life there knows that what the government wants, the government takes. There are no questions asked. They take first, or make life miserable, ask questions later.
...Kinda like the LAPD. If you **** them off they crack you in the skull and ask questions later.
But I do agree with you on the need for better mass transit.
Accordingly, I could totally see the City cleaning house on the count of Eminent Domain.

Last edited by wesside; 10-21-2008 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 10-21-2008, 08:57 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
The Los Angeles CSA should have around 19 Million in 2010. By 2020, Id say its feasible that LA will surpass the NY CSA(which currently has 21 Million)

Old 10-21-2008, 10:15 AM

la have a chance get 19 million prolly beat nyc metro but nyc metro is huge miami metro bigger then la size but as poplation no or less la add more county then i see something better chance but la do need a boom nyc has like hi riser i kown la going that way but la has moutains nyc has none tell what part la has alot space or new future urban in la

Old 10-21-2008, 10:36 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
In July 2007, The State of California came out with its population projections and here are some of their findings.

Los Angeles County 10,514,553
Orange County 3,227,836
Riverside County 2,239,053
San Bernardino County 2,177,596
Ventura County 855,876
LA CSA Total 19,014,914

Los Angeles County 11,214,237
Orange County 3,520,265
Riverside County 2,904,848
San Bernardino County 2,581,371
Ventura County 956,392
LA CSA Total 21,122,113

Los Angeles County 11,920,289
Orange County 3,705,498
Riverside County 3,507,498
San Bernardino County 2,958,939
Ventura County 1,049,758
LA CSA Total 23,141,982

Dunno if NY is going to grow fast enough to still be number 1 by 2030, but of course these are just projections. Anything can happen.

Within California, the state projects a huge population increase in Northern CA as evidenced by this estimate.
Southern California 31 Million
Northern California 29 Million

Old 10-21-2008, 10:48 AM

well i dont no if going be those numbers either but dont known calif keep much or have more then that but need beat chicago and nyc urban life and miami in some area that la weak in but i still like la anyway that a lot to table keep those people hope can bring alot bring a boom if dont get a boom not going be that many people its going grow but realestate boom help the poplation boom mantain its level to grown better

Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 PM

56 posts, read 118,523 times
L.A won't pass NYC, ever. Do you realize how dense L.A would have to become? People today don't want to be stacked on top of each other like they did in the first half of the 20th century when urban living became very popular. That is why L.A has had the growth it has. It was a new city and people realized they could get a large plot of land for cheap and not be living in the same building as 5-6 other families. L.A is an overgrown suburb. Look at images of it over Google earth, you can see the sprawl. Now compare those images to NYC or Chicago. They are completely different. Chicago and NYC are very dense. L.A's population is going to cap off, and I think it already is. Its been 3.8 million for nearly a decade and its growth rate is something like 0.90%. I think it will reach around 4 million in it city. Imagine traffic in that city if it were to gain another 4.2 million residence. L.A could not get that big with a very poor public transit system. Its metro may continue to grow but I'm pretty sure people aren't going to want to live 100 miles from L.A city limits and work there. L.A, for all intensive purposes, its the new Chicago. A HUGE population boom, and then asking, what comes next. I don't think it will be long before it even starts to watch some of its residence leave for other cities in Northern California and maybe even out of state.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:21 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,338,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by money23 View Post
la have a chance get 19 million prolly beat nyc metro but nyc metro is huge miami metro bigger then la size but as poplation no or less la add more county then i see something better chance but la do need a boom nyc has like hi riser i kown la going that way but la has moutains nyc has none tell what part la has alot space or new future urban in la
Seriously, learn English before you post again.

And did you really just say that MIA is bigger than LA?

Old 10-22-2008, 05:28 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,338,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracra1 View Post
L.A won't pass NYC, ever. Do you realize how dense L.A would have to become? People today don't want to be stacked on top of each other like they did in the first half of the 20th century when urban living became very popular. That is why L.A has had the growth it has. It was a new city and people realized they could get a large plot of land for cheap and not be living in the same building as 5-6 other families. L.A is an overgrown suburb. Look at images of it over Google earth, you can see the sprawl. Now compare those images to NYC or Chicago. They are completely different. Chicago and NYC are very dense. L.A's population is going to cap off, and I think it already is. Its been 3.8 million for nearly a decade and its growth rate is something like 0.90%. I think it will reach around 4 million in it city. Imagine traffic in that city if it were to gain another 4.2 million residence. L.A could not get that big with a very poor public transit system. Its metro may continue to grow but I'm pretty sure people aren't going to want to live 100 miles from L.A city limits and work there. L.A, for all intensive purposes, its the new Chicago. A HUGE population boom, and then asking, what comes next. I don't think it will be long before it even starts to watch some of its residence leave for other cities in Northern California and maybe even out of state.
LA already has over 4mil. :P

The city of LA may not be as dense, but the metro is the densest.

Also, lots of people are turning to urban living now so IDK what you're talking about...

Old 10-22-2008, 07:26 PM

56 posts, read 118,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
LA already has over 4mil. :P

The city of LA may not be as dense, but the metro is the densest.

Also, lots of people are turning to urban living now so IDK what you're talking about...
LOL! Evidence please. L.A has 3.8 million. I DOUBT it went up 200,000 people in two years...be realistic.

in 2006 the population was just over 3.8 million where its been for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.