Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2014, 06:41 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times

Advertisements

Well, the contractor (one of them) quoted 17-18K. I want to cry. And this includes keeping the tub. And the fact that I have a TINY bathroom. There is no way I can live in this city forever...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 05:37 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Well, the contractor (one of them) quoted 17-18K. I want to cry. And this includes keeping the tub. And the fact that I have a TINY bathroom. There is no way I can live in this city forever...
Wow, that stinks. Maybe your next estimate will be better.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:24 AM

52 posts, read 125,856 times
I built a dining room table. Pretty happy with it. Now to find chairs....
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-img_20140709_190731.jpg  

Old 07-10-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowYouCcakes View Post
I built a dining room table. Pretty happy with it. Now to find chairs....
Good job. Overstock.com has a lot of good chairs. I was just browsing them the other day.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:50 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,483,704 times
Beautiful job on the table, Nowuccupcakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Good job!

I ordered my fabric for the bedroom wall and curtains today. I am wondering how much extra fabric I will need to drop match the fabric on the wall, but I figure I'll use up any waste on throw pillows or something. It was way more expensive than I hoped, but still way cheaper than wallpaper. I can't wait to get started. I'm hungry for a sewing project.
The vertical repeat on that paisley fabric that I used for the first bed skirt was pretty big, so I ended up with enough fabric left to make a faux roman shade for the bathroom and still have a pile stashed away. I cut it real close with the striped fabric. I measured three times before cutting and was still a little nervous...one tiny strip left .

I ordered a coverlet from Overstock and some new prints...waiting, waiting, waiting.

Can't wait to see how the fabric on the wall works out!

Old 07-10-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLane2 View Post
Can't wait to see how the fabric on the wall works out!
I tried a fabric sample with the starch and it sticks up there super easy. It should be a piece a cake.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:16 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
So I'm finally starting on our kitchen. Both looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. Once again, I'll be doing this as a refresh vice total replacement. Going to put in new floors, new cabinets doors, new trim, granite, and a new backsplash. All DIY once again <sigh>. Maybe I'll do another thread just for the kitchen the way that I did for my master bathroom project.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:49 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,430,247 times
Guest room just about done, finished the photo frame project the frosting spray worked great and was easy to use, the photo is one of hubbys own taken locally and I think it really pops with the black backing and white frame.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-img_1249.jpg  

Old 07-11-2014, 06:30 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Tearing out drywall in part of the kitchen today and removing a breakfast bar. Got as far as the drywall - the 'easy' part. Humph. Whoever said taking out drywall is easy lied! Doesn't help that hubby threw his back out so this is all on my own for right now. Tomorrow, I'll get that stupid breakfast bar down finally and start on the new light boxes in the ceiling. Taking loads of pictures during the whole process so I think I'll start a kitchen remodeling thread soon to detail it all.

Kind of annoyed on one thing. Hubby nixed my brilliant idea to replace the cabinets doors. I currently have partial overlay and was going to upgrade to full overlay. He said that what we have is 'good enough'. Hmmm...don't husbands understand when we have vision on how the place should look? The cabinets are in good condition but I really hate the partial overlay. We'll see if I win this one in the end or not. After all, we're selling the house, so I shouldn't care but I think it would look so much newer and nicer with the new cabinet doors. Excuse me while I go pout for a little while about this.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:19 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
We just reordered and modified our office/sewing/craft/wrapping room. One end of the room has the "office" and the rest is devoted to the other three activities, at different times. DH and I went through old files and practically wore our shredder out discarding and shredding old documents. Our file cabs are much better organized now.

We hung cork tiles in a stripe on the other end of the room, so I can have a bulletin board. Below the cork, we hung a thread keeper and a man's tie rack for hanging scissors. Above the scissors on the first set of curved hooks, I have placed my rulers. It works nicely for this purpose. I have my supplies organized in a shelving unit, and I have wrapping supplies together, crafting things together and sewing things together.

The room is much neater than it was. I persuaded DH to dispose of some of his clutter, and I did same.

We are to have new wooden blinds installed on Monday. They are to be of dark wood, matching the wooden floors in the hallway. I like the way the room is coming together. Its been a mess practically since we moved here almost two years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating