Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2014, 05:43 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,362,113 times

Advertisements

Now---that's a lovely table!

We have some more contractors coming this week so that is a positive, I guess.

My lamps came for the desk. I really like them. I needed more lighting around the computer and I wanted something soft that didn't shine directly into your eyes so I ended up with this:Better Homes and Gardens Orb Quatrefoil Uplight Lamp: Decor : Walmart.com The lighting ended up being exactly what I wanted, so that's nice.

Now I'm thinking about doing my own type of "custom closet" hack since I can't find anything I really like/fits my closet/isn't very expensive. I need to learn to focus on one thing at a time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 12:39 PM

52 posts, read 125,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Good job. Overstock.com has a lot of good chairs. I was just browsing them the other day.
Thank you to everyone

Old 07-14-2014, 02:26 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,221,356 times
Finally got the kitchen cupboards done, painted grey with Alkyd paint from Benjamin Moore. Now deciding the color of my kitchen stools. They are wood with a reddish tone that doesn't go with anything but the floor, and that will be changing soon to a darker floor.

Looking at using my other accent color, turquoise, to the stools or blending in with grey or black.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-stools.png  

Old 07-14-2014, 02:54 PM

50,386 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayekaye View Post
Finally got the kitchen cupboards done, painted grey with Alkyd paint from Benjamin Moore. Now deciding the color of my kitchen stools. They are wood with a reddish tone that doesn't go with anything but the floor, and that will be changing soon to a darker floor.

Looking at using my other accent color, turquoise, to the stools or blending in with grey or black.
I like the black. Turquoise/Aqua is my favorite color, but I would use it somewhere other than the stools.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:

I like the black too. I love gray but I think they blend too much here. I also like the blue ones in the upper left hand corner.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:06 PM

I'm doing a mostly gray and white bathroom. Possible third color options to throw into the mix? (Accessories and stuff.)

Also, what would go best with this vanity: Foremost Hanley 22 in. Vanity and Vitreous China Sink in Charcoal Grey with Porcelain Vanity Top in White-HAGOS2417 at The Home Depot

I'm leaning toward a chrome-type of thing. Not usually my style but I think it goes better with the gray/white.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:22 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I'm doing a mostly gray and white bathroom. Possible third color options to throw into the mix? (Accessories and stuff.)

Also, what would go best with this vanity: Foremost Hanley 22 in. Vanity and Vitreous China Sink in Charcoal Grey with Porcelain Vanity Top in White-HAGOS2417 at The Home Depot

I'm leaning toward a chrome-type of thing. Not usually my style but I think it goes better with the gray/white.
I love monochromatic bathrooms because they give me that 'spa' feeling. However, you could easily add a punch of yellow or turquoise in your accessories if you want that bit of color. That's a nice sink - very pretty color.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:24 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Quote:

The black is nice as well as a white if you're so inclined. But I tell you, a lacquered yellow would look kind of awesome too. Look at those lemons sitting there on your counter and how awesome they look next to that grey.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:29 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,991,071 times
Quote:
I'm a sucker for turquoise, but I think southbel might be onto something with that bright yellow suggestion. Otherwise, I like the black.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:39 PM

2,419 posts, read 2,991,071 times
Thanks for the sewing encouragement. I finally made two napkin pillows and I'm pretty happy with them. It took a couple of tries to master the zipper, but I think I've got it now. With the rest of the napkins and fabric I bought, I'll be a pillow making fool now!
Attached Thumbnails
What are you working on now?-img_20140714_084441-001.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating