Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 07:53 AM

4,391 posts, read 4,632,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Unlike West Houston,
on the North side there's hills, trees and big lakes
Makes it much more appealing
To bad it lacks diversity. Had that area had any decent real diversity I would have probably stayed in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 09:11 AM

680 posts, read 276,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
guess they didn't see the gas price alert - they surely have to bank on this feeding into folks working in Sugar Land or SW Houston before the beltway - that's 60 miles away
Yes, probably banking on all the people working in Sugar Land, SW Houston and Energy Corridor to a large extent. But, FWIW, Google maps tells me it's about 45 miles from downtown Houston.

Old 04-03-2023, 05:12 AM

2,282 posts, read 4,066,759 times
This is a great thread!

I visited some friends who have a fairly new house with a Brookshire zip code but in Katy ISD.

It was amazing to see significant residential development in one direction and sprawling humongous commercial warehouse development (Amazon, Rooms To Go, and many more) in the other direction.

It was obvious which areas were Katy ISD and which were Royal ISD. So interesting.

Old 02-27-2024, 07:39 AM

9,916 posts, read 6,628,378 times
Village Green at Bridgeland Central breaks ground. Will be Bridgeland’s town center. The potential Chevron campus will is also in this area

Old 02-27-2024, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
To bad it lacks diversity. Had that area had any decent real diversity I would have probably stayed in that area.
I stayed there for the holidays. Went all over to get to know the area. Montgommery, Conroe, Woodlands, Bridgeland, Tomball, Spring. All over. Once you go north of 99, it’s the whitest feeling part of the metro by far. some places like friendswood feel pretty white but friendswood is right next to cities with sizable black, Hispanic, and even Asian (pearland) places. Same with River Oaks, The villages, etc.

Old 02-27-2024, 08:41 AM

281 posts, read 125,420 times
Default Advantages to living on West side.

The West and Far North sides of the Houston area are effectively inland areas Bridgeland has to be 75 miles+ from the Gulf of Mexico plus its a long way from the Port and Refineries. The new communities like Elyson, Tamarron, Bridgeland, Sunterra etc. are so far from Houston that the Weather is even a little different. There are points in Montgomery County that are at a higher elevation than Dallas.
Now, Houston itself gets a lot of bad press for its climate, natural disasters, environmental issues, crime etc. All of which disappear completely the further West and North you go.

Old 02-27-2024, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas100 View Post
The West and Far North sides of the Houston area are effectively inland areas Bridgeland has to be 75 miles+ from the Gulf of Mexico plus its a long way from the Port and Refineries. The new communities like Elyson, Tamarron, Bridgeland, Sunterra etc. are so far from Houston that the Weather is even a little different. There are points in Montgomery County that are at a higher elevation than Dallas.
Now, Houston itself gets a lot of bad press for its climate, natural disasters, environmental issues, crime etc. All of which disappear completely the further West and North you go.
Why does every post you ever make involve “reputation, bad press, blah”. Geez. No one can make a post on this forum in peace anymore

Old 02-27-2024, 10:50 AM

305 posts, read 266,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Most areas change over time....look at Sugar Land, Katy, Missouri City, and on the unfortunate side of this aisle - Alief. What is interesting, is when most people mention 'diversity', they mean people that look like them - which I guess one could argue is what people who moved north of the Woodlands did as well. I can name plenty of areas all over Houston and surrounding areas where people say it's diverse, but it's really just a large pocket of non-white residents all living together (think First Colony, Telfair, etc).

Old 02-27-2024, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtxg View Post
Most areas change over time....look at Sugar Land, Katy, Missouri City, and on the unfortunate side of this aisle - Alief. What is interesting, is when most people mention 'diversity', they mean people that look like them - which I guess one could argue is what people who moved north of the Woodlands did as well. I can name plenty of areas all over Houston and surrounding areas where people say it's diverse, but it's really just a large pocket of non-white residents all living together (think First Colony, Telfair, etc).
I don’t know about others. When I say diverse I mean diverse. Not people that look like me. I consider Sugar Land diverse because it’s well balanced between white black Asian and hispanic. Katy same to a lesser degree as well as Pearland. Once you go north of the grand parkway, it gets pretty white from my experience

It’s a great area and heading in a great direction. I just wish its demographics reflected Sugar Land or Katy more

Old 02-27-2024, 03:43 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,062,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
I don’t know about others. When I say diverse I mean diverse. Not people that look like me. I consider Sugar Land diverse because it’s well balanced between white black Asian and hispanic. Katy same to a lesser degree as well as Pearland. Once you go north of the grand parkway, it gets pretty white from my experience

It’s a great area and heading in a great direction. I just wish its demographics reflected Sugar Land or Katy more
Give it time. Katy wasn't even close to as diverse as it is today 15 or 20 years ago. I think Montgomery will probably be a bit slower to diversify than Ft. Bend was, but it's already happening on a small scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston