Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 02:09 PM

614 posts, read 766,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Forgot View Post
I believe it was Busters Lounge. I went when I was young.
Ding ding we have a winner. Oh the brain cells that were lost there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 01:57 AM

582 posts, read 826,591 times
One place I haven't seen mentioned yet are the two Subzones, one located in Madison (now a title loan place), the other on University near the liquor store.

Best baked subs ever!

Old 05-30-2014, 08:50 AM

339 posts, read 628,795 times
Agreed. Subzone was one of the first places I took my now-wife on a date and we had great memories at the one in Madison.

Old 12-14-2022, 10:14 AM

703 posts, read 935,369 times
I really miss these two restaurants:

Cafe Doner Box Mediterranean in Huntsville - Turkish Food

El Bori kitchen in Harvest - Puerto Rican Food.

Old 12-14-2022, 07:45 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,577,060 times
Most restaurants are remembered as better than they really were because at the time may have been better than what was around.
Anyway Quincy’s, Bennigans, TGI Friday’s

Old 12-15-2022, 08:16 AM

703 posts, read 935,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Quincy’s, Bennigans, TGI Friday’s
I find it ironic how big chains such as Bennigan's and TGI Fridays are still thriving in other locations.

Same for these successful fast food chains like A&W, Blimpie, and Quiznos.

Keegan's Public House at Big Spring Park didn't make it here either.

Old 12-15-2022, 08:24 AM

12,964 posts, read 9,485,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y8tiger View Post
I find it ironic how big chains such as Bennigan's and TGI Fridays are still thriving in other locations.

Same for these successful fast food chains like A&W, Blimpie, and Quiznos.

Keegan's Public House at Big Spring Park didn't make it here either.
Yeah, that is strange. When Friday's closed a few years ago here I assumed it was a national thing. Same with Ruby Tuesday's. I enjoyed both places.

Old 12-15-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Yeah, that is strange. When Friday's closed a few years ago here I assumed it was a national thing. Same with Ruby Tuesday's. I enjoyed both places.
TGI Fridays thrived in Huntsville for over 30 years which is impressive, they closed in 2017. Jim n Nicks bbq bought their site, and at the time Friday's said they may reopen somewhere else in the city.
Competition in the restaurant world is fierce in Huntsville now, so it might be a tough go.

Old 12-15-2022, 03:37 PM

6 posts, read 5,668 times
TGI Friday's kind of collapsed quickly after the murder there.

Another few places in Huntsville were the Jade Palace, Green Hills Grille, Chi-Chi's, Mikato Japanese Steak House, and Lone Star Steakhouse.

Also, Thomas BBQ in Madison should be on the list.

As a side note, Romano's Macaroni Grill was probably not old enough to make the OP, but it should never reached the depths that it did leading to it shutting down. Huntsville is not forgiving for poorly run restaurants. It and the Black-eyed Pea should have been successful in Huntsville.

Old 12-15-2022, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongolian Stomper View Post
TGI Friday's kind of collapsed quickly after the murder there.

Another few places in Huntsville were the Jade Palace, Green Hills Grille, Chi-Chi's, Mikato Japanese Steak House, and Lone Star Steakhouse.

Also, Thomas BBQ in Madison should be on the list.

As a side note, Romano's Macaroni Grill was probably not old enough to make the OP, but it should never reached the depths that it did leading to it shutting down. Huntsville is not forgiving for poorly run restaurants. It and the Black-eyed Pea should have been successful in Huntsville.
Macaroni Grill was stellar for several years then it went to crap. Black eye Pea same story.
Poor service , quality and management are sure fire way to close a restaurant. Seems like common sense but it happens regularly plus add Covid and it’s over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area