Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 05:52 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,825,286 times

Advertisements

it's all about personal preferences and experiences. Friendly employees are everywhere, but you have to search for them sometimes. I always shopped at Seymour Kroger, but after going to the one in South Knox a few times, I am done with Seymour. The employees at SK Kroger are SO FRIENDLY and there seems to be TONS of them. It's all about management and who they choose to hire. I like Publix's philosophy and priorities. More competition is welcome here, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 01:10 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,306,279 times
It's funny, but we have been able to find specialty items at Food City that we can't find at Kroger's or Ingle's. But it really depends on which Food City. Some of them are gorgeous and others are dumps.

I really like Super Target, too, but Turkey Creek is such a long ride.

The Bearden Earth Fare has only been only been open five days and I have been there for four of them. I love that store.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:22 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,243,796 times
Earth Fare is my favorite store ever. I live about 2 minutes from the Johnson City one and it's A-MAAAAZING!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:43 PM

186 posts, read 486,055 times
Which chain supermarket in Knoxville is typically the best stocked and cleanest?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:25 AM

204 posts, read 580,870 times
I like Krogers

Old 06-23-2009, 06:32 AM

132 posts, read 371,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Earth Fare is my favorite store ever. I live about 2 minutes from the Johnson City one and it's A-MAAAAZING!
Ate at the El Torrito next to the krogers, that place is awesome.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:04 AM

391 posts, read 1,359,874 times
For all those wanting Publix, you may not be too far off. With stores doing well in Nashville (3) and Chattanooga (2), Knoxville is a definite possibility in the future. There are currently two developers trying hard to get Publix to bite. I won't say who, due to anonymity, but exit 82 sure looks tempting....I do know their sales for this quarter were up 2.2%, while comparable stores fell 2.8%. With continued success in new markets, I think expansion is obvious. Looking at the store map below, connecting the dots makes Knoxville a viable option.

Publix Stores
Q: How does Publix determine where new stores will be built?
A:
Store sites are based on several factors including population, demographics, location and competition

Old 06-23-2009, 07:21 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,243,796 times
Yep. If their DC is in location to Nashville and Chattanooga I'm sure they'll try to maximize that by expanding into Knox.

Lochmoigh, that El Torito is like my life. And you were about three seconds from my house!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:38 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,521,525 times
I LOVE Publix. I hope they get there soon!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:08 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,236,460 times
I have not had time to read all of the threads here, but I emailed Publix not too long ago, because I had heard this rumor as well and the lady flat out replied, "NO, there are no plans for Publix in east central or northeast Tennessee". I have heard rumors though that they are looking into buying KVAT (Food City).

I dont see KVAT moving the main office to Knoxville, as the President of Food City lives in Abingdon Virginia (just northeast of Bristol).... unless he relocates to Knoxville, but I know they also have a HUGE distribution center in Abingdon as well just off of I-81.

Food City has recently built alot of brand new stores and I am not sure if Publix bought them, how that would relate to the stores style, such as having to remodel again, etc to suit Publix needs/tastes.

I like Publix... I shopped there when visiting relatives in South Carolina last year. My aunt lives a mile from Ingalls, but she will drive 5 miles and shop Publix she loves it so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville