Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 08:52 PM

578 posts, read 458,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whocares386 View Post
I heard so much people came in the US with legal tourist-student visa and they didn't return their country back. They stayed for years and their visa has been expired. If I'm not wrong, they can't get a SSN card (but few states exception) but they take their payment as a cash and they even pay their taxes so there is no problem for them. Also these people don't involve any criminal unlawful business they just live as other American citizens.

My question is: If they arrested by police, what will happen to that illegal immigrants ? Are there any rights for them ?

First of your post don't make sense if they are illegal,how did they get a visa or ssn? And learn your law police ARE NOT immigration officers they have NOTHING to do with immigration. If the immigrants get arrested,its up to the immigration department to decide.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:23 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
They are like me and YOU they just want to provide for their family. I believe as long as they have been law abiding citizens and are paying taxes. Let them renew their visa,pay a fee and move on with their lifes..
And, I suppose you think everyone has the right to break our immigration laws by overstaying their travel Visas to get instant citizenship? There is a large percentage of the world who would love to be an American citizen. Sorry, we cannot support that. Until American citizens have full employment, our veterans receive the care and help they deserve, our elderly aren't stuck in rest home purgatories, our homeless are better taken care of and our children are better educated, the door should be closed.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:52 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,481,607 times
I cringe at the obsession many CD posters have for "illegal aliens".

Old 11-21-2016, 07:04 AM

983 posts, read 1,634,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Well, they take their jobs, you know. Heck, an illegal alien is taking Michelle Obama's job FFS... just no respect.

Old 11-21-2016, 08:07 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Dude this is the Immigration forum, says so on the top.

That's like going to the paranormal forum and saying "I cringe at the obsession many CD posters have for the 'paranormal'".

Old 11-21-2016, 10:13 AM

92 posts, read 87,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Anyone can apply for an ITIN to pay taxes.

Overstaying means illegal and illegal means, breaking the law.

However if they get stopped by the cops than probably nothing happens as I have been in traffic court and listened to a judge giving a speech to an illegal who drove without a valid drivers license and on top of that got a violation and the judge gave a speech how the illegal could be arrested and deported.

The illegal got everything translated by his court translator and this 16 year old, left the court room as a free person and most likely is still driving around.

Sadly if you get hit by an illegal who often is not insured than you get stuck with all the cost.

Due to the illegal aliens and uninsured drivers the insurance premiums are sky high.
Why that illegal person didn't get deport by immigration officers ? He or she arrested by cops and cops told that person some law rules then they just freed that person with nothing ? I haven't understood meaning of deport yet.

So they only deporting criminal-drug dealers ?

Old 11-21-2016, 11:28 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
First, the feds have to find them. They generally don't stand on the corner with signs around their neck, "I've Overstayed My Visa."

If they marry a citizen, they can stay.

The problem is their employers. If there were no jobs for them, they wouldn't stay.
Many of these are foreign students who do go home . I live in a resort area. Many of our seasonal business could not survive with out these kids.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:57 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
How are they paying federal or state income taxes, if they are accepting cash only and don't have a SSN number?
Back when I worked restaurants, every single person who worked in the kitchen of every single restaurant was illegal. Every single of those people also used a SSN, whether fake or belonging to a deceased person or whatever, and paid taxes out of their paychecks and social security and disability and all the rest. I know for a fact that it's still the same, and that illegal immigrants working in construction do the same thing (can't speak to agriculture). Most working illegals are actually paying money into a system which they'll never use.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:59 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
How are they paying federal or state income taxes, if they are accepting cash only and don't have a SSN number?
They're not, if they are accepting cash only and don't have a SSN number.

How many have a SSN & are paying taxes?

Old 11-21-2016, 01:38 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
They're not, if they are accepting cash only and don't have a SSN number.

How many have a SSN & are paying taxes?
See my post above. At least in the restaurant and construction industries, most of them are- just using someone else's SSN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.