Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 05:29 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,717,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo View Post
I'm a H1B (not Hb1 - is that a new type of visa?). I've been here for the past 11 years working for various large companies. From my experience I can say there are a few small businesses abusing the system (and the employees) by finding ways to pay their employees less than the market rate, but some of the companies I worked for pay at least 30% more than the prevailing wage.
Almost ALL companies hiring these people are doing so illegally -- there are Americans willing to do these jobs for market wages. Almost the ENTIRE H-1B system is a criminal enterprise in the literal sense. BTW, you still have not answered my question: If H-1B migrants are so remarkably valuable, why are they not establishing themselves in their own countries instead of this one? Why bother indenturing themselves to a U.S. corporation when they can use their alleged divine intellect to start their own business without coming here and displacing U.S. tech workers by working at lower salaries and overly-extended hours?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 05:36 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,717,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDevil View Post
I'm amazed about your "We make fewer syntax errors in coding".
Are you so uninformed that you dont know that once some code is written, it has to be compiled?
Compilation catches all syntax errors.

So how does it matter if you make less errors or a 100 syntax errors?
Syntax errors are the easiest to fix, most development environments even suggest the correct syntax nowadays.
If your argument is that foreign workers make so many syntax errors and thats why the program doesnt work, it is a totally ridiculous/irrelevant/invalid argument.

"and have much less difficulty thinking in abstract terms"
Sounds more like "absurd" terms to me
Wrong -- try forgetting a semicolon in C++ in a certain crucial place and see if the compiler catches it -- and that is just ONE example of why you are wrong. Learn a little about coding if you're going to attempt to have a discussion about it -- and I've not even mentioned the sorts of outrageous errors in logic made by H-1B coders...

Old 04-30-2009, 07:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,826,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
what about making college more affordable for Americans? If tuition costs were lowered the USA wouldn't need to import thousands of foreign nurses each year.
And some of that money used to pay to get the H1b visa applicants could be put toward scholarships so that bright high school graduates would have a chance to go to college. Nothing stops employers from investing in training courses, college scholarships and work-study programs.

It's time to stop thinking of all Americans as some dim-witted race that cannot possibly be educated and trained and that we must bring in superior people from other nations who also happen to accept lower wages.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:33 PM

666 posts, read 1,846,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Almost ALL companies hiring these people are doing so illegally -- there are Americans willing to do these jobs for market wages. Almost the ENTIRE H-1B system is a criminal enterprise in the literal sense. BTW, you still have not answered my question: If H-1B migrants are so remarkably valuable, why are they not establishing themselves in their own countries instead of this one? Why bother indenturing themselves to a U.S. corporation when they can use their alleged divine intellect to start their own business without coming here and displacing U.S. tech workers by working at lower salaries and overly-extended hours?

I have about 15 years of experience dealing with many Indian programmers here on H1B visas. They come here because the money is better and they want a better life. Plain and simple. They can't make the same wages in India.

Most of the Indian programmers I've worked with and managed were contracting through IT staffing firms. When we needed to staff up on programmers, we create job requisitions stating our needs. We didn't say we wanted Indian programmers. So that being the case, if so many American workers wanted these jobs, why don't the staffing agencies have their resumes? They are U.S. staffing agencies with strong American representation in other areas.

I have worked with some very good Indian programmers and I have worked with very bad ones. No different than non-H1B employees.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:58 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,903,741 times
Funny how most folks ranting about immigrants seem to forget their very ancestors migrated to this country in hopes of a better life. And now they sit here screaming to close all borders to immigrants like they own the place.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:13 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,261,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Funny how most folks ranting about immigrants seem to forget their very ancestors migrated to this country in hopes of a better life. And now they sit here screaming to close all borders to immigrants like they own the place.
No most don't complain about legal immigrants. Most complaints are in regards to those known as illegals.
By the way we do own the place.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:08 AM

8,954 posts, read 11,825,054 times
It amazes me how the H1B shills can talk the way they talk while the evidence shows a different picture.

Here is a video a H1B law firm explains how to commit immigration and labor fraud against Americans. For our foreign friends who might have trouble understanding English, the gist of video as explained by this traitor and criminal is: "Our goal is clearly not to hire qualified Americans."

YouTube - PERM Fake Job Ads defraud Americans to secure green cards fo

Here is Lou Dobbs reporting this criminal abuse of our immigration laws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx--jNQYNgA

Here is more on this crime against America and Americans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL_fT...eature=related

To the H1B shills: people can research the facts and learn the truth. Your lies are getting old.

Last edited by davidt1; 05-01-2009 at 07:31 AM..

Old 05-01-2009, 08:49 AM

666 posts, read 1,846,893 times
You should really consider taking off your tin foil hat. Not everything is a conspiracy. While I'm sure that there are many companies working loopholes that should be shunted, do you really believe that the majority of immigrants working on H1Bs have done so via fraud?

...and before you call me another H1B "shill", I am not. I am for employing our citizens first when possible.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:04 AM

31 posts, read 117,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post

Let me answer your question first. Well since they are so valuable, they have a choice where they want to live, which company they want to work and which country they want to call home.

BTW, you have still not answered my questions.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/8550801-post26.html

Also did you read moderators comments?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/8580483-post36.html

Old 05-01-2009, 10:11 AM

31 posts, read 117,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
It amazes me how the H1B shills can talk the way they talk while the evidence shows a different picture.

Here is a video a H1B law firm explains how to commit immigration and labor fraud against Americans. For our foreign friends who might have trouble understanding English, the gist of video as explained by this traitor and criminal is: "Our goal is clearly not to hire qualified Americans."

To the H1B shills: people can research the facts and learn the truth. Your lies are getting old.
Being an immigrant and working in IT for 11 years, I can say it is a fact that about 10% of companies, lawyers (and in some cases H1B visa holders) abuse the system. This has to be stopped. Lately USCIS is looking at all new/renewal application much more carefully...and they rejecting if they suspect any fraudulent activity, which is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration