Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2024, 05:35 PM

50,333 posts, read 63,906,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
3 migrant children got added to my kids Kindergarten class a couple weeks ago. I think there's now 26 kids and 1 teacher.
I am totally against sanctuary cities and the open border, but I would want any innocent child that winds up in my kids school to be welcomed and nurtured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 05:49 PM

3,584 posts, read 1,816,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Plus if the illegal gets injured while shoveling your driveway, your insurance won't pay for it. (That's how it's in my state---check MA laws regarding this issue). You most likely will then get sued by the illegal and it will come out of your own pocket
I don't know how an illegal could successfully litigate when they shouldn't even be in this country in the first place. I think they'd get deported...I hope!

Old 01-11-2024, 08:18 PM

88 posts, read 52,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
It's not a hatred against immigrants. It's a hatred against a broken system that allows illegals more benefits than our own citizens. Don't you understand some of our own citizens are living out in the streets right now while Josue from Haiti is sleeping in a nice comfy bed, getting 3 free meals a day plus job search assistance while his gaggle of 4 kids is disrupting classrooms?
Josue from Haiti is not the reason why we have homeless in this state my friend! I hate to break it to you but it's not! Keep up the energy though

Old 01-11-2024, 08:26 PM

88 posts, read 52,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Your comments are what is called reverse prejudice. You don't consider and evidently refuse to consider the people, that make up this state. The people that go to work and struggle to support themselves and their families. Yet you come on here, and look down your nose at all of us. All of us that pay the taxes, to support all these people pouring in here. Do none of us in this state matter to you at all?

Believe me there are people in Massachusetts, that are not much better off than the migrants. They are the working people, seniors, Veterans and Unemployed.
The people struggling to pay Medical Bills. .Yet they receive no free room and board or free Medical Care. Some of these residents of Mass live in their cars because they can't afford Apts. Its no wonder all of us are fed up with the border issue. No one cares about them and their citizens. Do you even think about those Americans, when you make your callous comments. Maybe your the one that needs to listen to yourself.
I'm sorry but are you writing this comment from your car? You did not have a meal this evening? Please, let me know,,, and I could come and bring some food. Unlike you, and many of the members in this forum who only care about themselves, I care about any person regardless if they have ID or not! The idea that illegal who come here are in heaven and they are stealing all the resources is an illusion you made to make you justify the hatred inside your soul.

Old 01-11-2024, 08:39 PM

16,293 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Omg

Old 01-11-2024, 11:14 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
I don't know how an illegal could successfully litigate when they shouldn't even be in this country in the first place. I think they'd get deported...I hope!
In blue states, there are bleeding heart groups that will help the illegal with submitting a law suit.

Old 01-11-2024, 11:24 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh1988 View Post
I'm sorry but are you writing this comment from your car? You did not have a meal this evening? Please, let me know,,, and I could come and bring some food. Unlike you, and many of the members in this forum who only care about themselves, I care about any person regardless if they have ID or not! The idea that illegal who come here are in heaven and they are stealing all the resources is an illusion you made to make you justify the hatred inside your soul.
These migrants have no business being here at all. Period.

Have you heard the expression "Charity starts at home"? Do you even know what it means? It means that we take care of our own first and foremost. If there is anything left over, we help legal immigrants---you know, the ones who obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here.

Would you feed and care for total strangers while your own family goes without? Once again, Charity starts at home.

Since you're crying about the so-called "migrants", what are you doing about it? Did you answer your governor's call to take in a family or two into your home? You wouldn't mind feeding, clothing and sheltering them, correct? You also wouldn't mind paying for their medical care either, correct? Or do you just talk the talk and not walk the walk?

Finally, you claim that people who post here only care about themselves. That's total nonsense. People who post here take care of their families. Hard working Americans and legal immigrants don't like seeing their taxes go to people who have no business being here. We see our veterans who aren't getting the care they deserve---many of whom are homeless.

Old 01-12-2024, 06:14 AM

9,521 posts, read 16,503,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
These migrants have no business being here at all. Period.

Have you heard the expression "Charity starts at home"? Do you even know what it means? It means that we take care of our own first and foremost. If there is anything left over, we help legal immigrants---you know, the ones who obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here.

Would you feed and care for total strangers while your own family goes without? Once again, Charity starts at home.

Since you're crying about the so-called "migrants", what are you doing about it? Did you answer your governor's call to take in a family or two into your home? You wouldn't mind feeding, clothing and sheltering them, correct? You also wouldn't mind paying for their medical care either, correct? Or do you just talk the talk and not walk the walk?

Finally, you claim that people who post here only care about themselves. That's total nonsense. People who post here take care of their families. Hard working Americans and legal immigrants don't like seeing their taxes go to people who have no business being here. We see our veterans who aren't getting the care they deserve---many of whom are homeless.
Well Said. Thank You

Old 01-12-2024, 01:21 PM

958 posts, read 530,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh1988 View Post
Do you know how many people are in the world?
Do you know why countries exist?
Do you have a basic understanding of economics?
Just because you don’t see issues now they do not exist.

Old 01-12-2024, 01:47 PM

4,252 posts, read 1,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
Do you know how many people are in the world?
Do you know why countries exist?
Do you have a basic understanding of economics?
Just because you don’t see issues now they do not exist.
It's beyond his/her level of intellectual sophistication to understand the distinction between compassion and common sense. Same old tax the rich/feed the poor claptrap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts