Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 05:34 PM

538 posts, read 288,698 times

Advertisements

Sorry, but why would anyone put up with someone like that. It doesn't matter what he has said or done, there is no excuse for abusive behavior. I wouldn't call him a pervert, I just would call him crude and abusive. I would walk away, fast. But I would have done that quite a while back, at the first instance of abuse. Surely you can do better. Unless you are kindred spirits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 05:59 PM

25 posts, read 14,736 times
Thank you so much to every one of you who replied. I needed to hear objective opinions.
I have a history of taking verbal abuse from family, friends and brushing it off or downplaying it.
I have a lot of work to do on myself. Doing it solo is the best way.
Thank you again. I am grateful to all of you.

Old 04-25-2024, 06:05 PM

Threestep2. He has more money than I do, and is generous, but I don't rely on it.

Upminster. We are very similar in many ways except I don't drink much and my anger takes a while to build.

Thank you for your input and questions. I appreciate your time and thoughts

Old 04-25-2024, 06:06 PM

11,090 posts, read 6,965,383 times
Late to this thread, but I wanted to say that this sounds like a relationship I had five years ago, except for the sex offender part and there wasn't any name-calling. However, the behavior and the stress from it was all too much, and it did escalate. He would call the cops on me for no reason at all, and throw me out in the middle of the night, things like that. He would whip it out to pee in full view of the neighbors on his rural property, which had telescopes and security cameras trained on it because of his reputation. He called it "marking his territory."

The guy that this thread is about probably has "alcohol brain" (brain damage and inability to comprehend or use reasoning faculties) on top of everything else. Get him out of your life. IT DOES NOT GET BETTER. In fact, it escalates. Don't even try to be friends. I tried that and it would be fine (via text) for a while but the end he'd have a meltdown and send 100 vile and abusive texts within a few hours' time. Nobody needs that kind of stuff in their life.

Old 04-25-2024, 06:15 PM

Path runner
Wow. Flashback.
During the first breakup of two months, we did occasionally text. Then one night hehad a drunken meltdown and sent a bunch of awful texts. He started therapy and cut back on drinking which is why I forgave him. My mistake.

Alcohol brain. I hadn't thought about that.

Thank you so much for sharing your story.

Old 04-25-2024, 06:26 PM

11,090 posts, read 6,965,383 times
You're welcome. When I first started reading your initial post, I thought you were writing about my ex bf!

Best wishes to you.

Old 04-25-2024, 07:27 PM

2,877 posts, read 1,824,978 times
Al-Anon, for family, friends of alcoholics. Free. Please, type Al-Anon for a location near you. For me, I had a choice, victim or survivor. In the meetings, meet many caring people.
They share their experience, strength and hope.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:49 AM

19,765 posts, read 20,330,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz60 View Post

Let me add that he is a felon -a sex offender for molesting a minor. (He said he was framed).
You lost me @ pedophile. Dump this monster immediately and get some counseling, please.

Old 04-26-2024, 07:05 AM

2,004 posts, read 995,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
geez, lady. you have got two hindenburg sized red flags waving in front of your face.

Hell, this is freaking Tiananmen Square!

Old 04-26-2024, 07:56 AM

689 posts, read 317,937 times
Just my opinion.

Where and how he scratches his balls is not important, and you are free to have your own opinion of it.

Drunken abuse is completely out of line, and if you think drinking is an excuse (I don't), MAYBE once can be forgiven. Twice, that's it. Now the question is not his behavior, but yours. Why are you putting up with this?

His slightly off behavior while camping hints at regression to previous behavior, if in fact he ever abandoned it. And then a third intemperate reaction.

No need to come to a conclusion on whether he is a pervert - he has already shown you that you need to stay away from him. You might want to find out why you haven't split up already. Some people would pay a lot of money and time on this, but I think you already know the answer.

If you are selling yourself short, don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health