Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 10:46 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mar...olitical-purge

Seems like the old adage of get out when a Democrat is president is more true now than before. If even half of what’s reported is true then it’s abuse of power for political reasons.

Old 12-29-2021, 12:19 PM

8,487 posts, read 6,891,592 times
So there’s some textual prohibition from any of the major world religions that explicitly ban vaccinations? All of these religious objectors willingly took other non Covid vaccinations. By refusing vaccinations these people could become sick enough to not perform their duties and contribute to a lack of combat readiness.

Old 12-29-2021, 01:35 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,344,280 times
I don’t blame young people for not wanting to get the vaccine. Covid is inconsequential to them.

But at the same time, I feel like the vaccine is harmless. I just got my third shot and all 3 shots were nothing. I’ve had zero adverse affects.

Man, we are so stupid as a country and as a people. Forcing people out of the military because they don’t want to get a vaccine that they clearly don’t need, and the flip side being people ruining their careers over a vaccine that is harmless.

Poor leadership meets idiocy in the ranks.

Everything about this whole pandemic has just been sheer stupidity at all levels. Masks are useless, yet they are mandated on base. Social distancing is useless, yet it is also mandated on base. Vaccines are useless for anyone who is young and healthy, which is 95% of the entire force, yet they are also mandated.

I feel like senior leader decision making is just CYA. If I make everyone wear a mask, I can’t get relieved of command. If I make everyone social distance, I can’t get relieved of command. If I make everyone get vaccinated, I can’t get relieved of command.

If you speak out against anything, you get relieved of command, and maybe even get a court martial.

Man, I’ve got no answers. I don’t even know what we are doing.

Old 12-29-2021, 02:13 PM

8,487 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Let me see here. Masks, social distancing and vaccinations are useless. And yet you yourself are personally vaccinated.

Old 12-29-2021, 02:39 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
I'm generally the first to lambast government for trampling on religious liberties and will almost invariably condemn government's efforts to second guess the sincerity of one's religious beliefs, but in this case I'm glad that no religious exemptions have been granted as the religious requests just don't seem credible.

People begging for religious exemptions are essentially saying that their religions allowed them to get every other vaccine under the sun required by the military, except for this one Color me dubious.

Old 12-29-2021, 02:53 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
1. I have had COVID and overcame it , I now have natural immunity.
2. If necessary I have ivermectin which provides better protection than experimental gene corruption.
3. Those that have been injected with experimental chemicals are still capable of both being reinfected and transmitting the desease.

Old 12-29-2021, 03:42 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Let me see here. Masks, social distancing and vaccinations are useless. And yet you yourself are personally vaccinated.
Obviously you cannot read. Wow. Reading the post you responded to, you either jumped four levels of assumptions or cannot read. He never said “vaccines are useless “, not even close to what he said.

It’s difficult having a back and forth discussion if the responses are not read accurately. Can’t debate someone who can’t understand what was stated. Bless his heart.

Old 12-29-2021, 04:34 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Well, someone can become religious, jsut because they took a vaccine years before does not nullify that.

Information, people obtain more information and discover that a vaccine(s) go against their religious beliefs, whether they took it before or not is moot.

What a major or any religious institution states is moot, as the law is "personal religious belief".

Yes, i beleive most are not really religious that were asking for an exemption, but there is no exemption/waiver for "I do not trsut this stuff".

The vaccines have proven to be garbage, a ship already has been delayed deployment due to a 100% vaccinated crew getting covid.

I support vaccines 100%, but sorry, the covid vaccines are junk, how anyone keeps spinning it otherwise is beyond me.

As for "not getting sick, combat readiness, blah blah", the military is the demographic least impacted by covid, the stats are there for all to see. The military does not take such approach with for example, the flu, despite the vaccine being only around 50% effective each year, and though could have changed, my last years in they made it optional. Additionally, there are tons of sicknesses a person can get, not just covid. My boat had a food illness breakout, we dealt with it.

Lastly, the US gov totally ignoring any and all natural immunity from having it, that to me makes zero sense.

Old 12-29-2021, 04:55 PM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I don’t blame young people for not wanting to get the vaccine. Covid is inconsequential to them.

But at the same time, I feel like the vaccine is harmless. I just got my third shot and all 3 shots were nothing. I’ve had zero adverse affects.

Man, we are so stupid as a country and as a people. Forcing people out of the military because they don’t want to get a vaccine that they clearly don’t need, and the flip side being people ruining their careers over a vaccine that is harmless.

Poor leadership meets idiocy in the ranks.

Everything about this whole pandemic has just been sheer stupidity at all levels. Masks are useless, yet they are mandated on base. Social distancing is useless, yet it is also mandated on base. Vaccines are useless for anyone who is young and healthy, which is 95% of the entire force, yet they are also mandated.

I feel like senior leader decision making is just CYA. If I make everyone wear a mask, I can’t get relieved of command. If I make everyone social distance, I can’t get relieved of command. If I make everyone get vaccinated, I can’t get relieved of command.

If you speak out against anything, you get relieved of command, and maybe even get a court martial.

Man, I’ve got no answers. I don’t even know what we are doing.
https://www.precisionvaccinations.co...lities-updated
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...se-events.html

Besides the reported deaths there have been some very serious reactions requiring immediate treatment. My wife and I took the vaccine. Wife’s right lung is half the size of her left lung. I work in a hospital and part of my work is maintaining the ventilation for isolation rooms. At the peak of COVID I had to dress in a full body suit to repair ventilation in an isolation wing. My wife does not touch my laundry. I wash my clothes. One big red flag was protection given to the companies that produced the vaccine from liability of injuries or deaths attributed to their vaccine.

Old 12-29-2021, 06:33 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times
Just want to clarify to all those who are concerned with facts instead of political Pied Piper news, No US Marine has been discharged who has submitted a formal request for a religious exemption with supporting documentation. The fact that no exemption have been issued for bonified religious exemptions is simply because they are just starting the review process for legitimate religious exemptions. Remember, you can't just say "I object on religious grounds". To make it a legitimate request, it must follow a formal written process. Those who followed proper procedures and made the exemption request are all undergoing review. And, yes, their exemption has not been approved YET but neither are they facing a discharge deadline. Putzes who just refused and are facing discharge who suddenly got filled with the hallelujah holy spirit and went and got themselves religion and now shouting "religious exemption", well those moops deserve to be thrown out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.