Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2022, 02:38 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,507,319 times

Advertisements

Former Governor Haslam has just bought controlling interest in the Predators. He also wants to be involved in the new MLB team Nashville Stars. With his billions, he'll just need the right opportunity. His brother owns the Cleveland Browns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 03:30 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,718,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinestx View Post
Former Governor Haslam has just bought controlling interest in the Predators. He also wants to be involved in the new MLB team Nashville Stars. With his billions, he'll just need the right opportunity. His brother owns the Cleveland Browns.

That is not a shining endorsement! The Browns are probably the worst run NFL franchise, maybe tied with Detroit.

Old 06-27-2022, 03:41 PM

25 posts, read 36,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
That is not a shining endorsement! The Browns are probably the worst run NFL franchise, maybe tied with Detroit.
No, the Browns are the worst. Look at the contract they gave Watson, even with all the legal trouble.

Old 06-27-2022, 04:06 PM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times
Quote:
I think this may be the start of the missing puzzle piece for Nashville to land an MLB team. They needed an interested and dedicated billionare -- or billionaires. Here, they have one (or two).

I agree, it is just a matter of timing and opportunity now. A bit of a waiting game.

I think Nashville will eventually land an MLB team. Things seem to be slowly advancing together.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
LOL... right! Not trying to endorse; just give information.

Old 06-27-2022, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I think this may be the start of the missing puzzle piece for Nashville to land an MLB team. They needed an interested and dedicated billionare -- or billionaires. Here, they have one (or two).

I agree, it is just a matter of timing and opportunity now. A bit of a waiting game.

I think Nashville will eventually land an MLB team. Things seem to be slowly advancing together.
In my humble opinion, I think Nashville will get an expansion team by 2030. I think another city in the south will get a relocated team (probably AL like the Orioles or Athletics)... and I think Nashville will get an AL expansion team.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:55 AM

Quote:
In my humble opinion, I think Nashville will get an expansion team by 2030. I think another city in the south will get a relocated team (probably AL like the Orioles or Athletics)... and I think Nashville will get an AL expansion team.
I totally agree with you. I think the team comes sooner than 2030--but definitely by 2030.

I think Nashville gets either/or: a relocated team or an expansion team. Once they get the billionaire in place (which seems to be progressing) and the stadium construction underway, I think the MLB will give them a team upon expansion or another team will be wooed. Either the Orioles or the Rays.

Old 07-20-2022, 12:53 PM

According to Bookies.Com, Nashville has the best chance of getting a new MLB franchise. The article doesn't explain all the components that go into the odds, but I'm sure it includes the ownership group, which Nashville's is very far along in formation and funding. https://bookies.com/mlb/picks/next-m...sion-city-odds

Old 07-20-2022, 04:12 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I said the same thing about the MLS.

I am waiting to see how well Nashville settles being a 3 team town in about 10 years.
I am going to have to eat my words on this one from 2018. This is a done deal!!! Unless mlb will fall apart in a few years and that won't happen, Nashville will get a team and will be a four team city.

Old 07-20-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
According to Bookies.Com, Nashville has the best chance of getting a new MLB franchise. The article doesn't explain all the components that go into the odds, but I'm sure it includes the ownership group, which Nashville's is very far along in formation and funding. https://bookies.com/mlb/picks/next-m...sion-city-odds
Nashville is picking up momentum to snag an MLB team. The city's MLB-luring group for the Nashville Stars is constantly pushing to keep in the headlines, and it seems to be working.

The word has gotten out that Nashville is hungry for a team.

I think baseball will be wildly successful in Nashville. Nashville is fast-becoming a luxury destination for high earning travellers, and another pro sports team will give folks another option for recreation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville