Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,879 times

Advertisements

i moved to oxford in and there are to many cops!! there all worthlessssss (catch the bad guys not the guy just tring to go to work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 10:14 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,903,936 times
OMG i didn't know NJ had some much racism , i know theres some. But not this bad.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:02 AM

7,226 posts, read 11,961,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just10 View Post
i moved to oxford in and there are to many cops!! there all worthlessssss (catch the bad guys not the guy just tring to go to work
Oxford doesn't have any cops, the town is patrolled by Washington Township PD. I wish everyone would stop complaining about the police around here. I certainly don't have a problem with them. If people didn't do 70 mph on 31 or 60 mph on Jonestown or Belvidere, they wouldn't have to worry about them either.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
OMG i didn't know NJ had some much racism , i know theres some. But not this bad.
i don't know what you are talking about, please elaborate.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,472 times
OK I read through each post carefully before responding so please excuse me if this runs a little long. African American families and folks of all racial and ethnic backgrounds if you are looking for a place to live that is quiet, family oriented, and filled with beauty and culture then Warren County welcomes you... even Oxford. But if you are bothered by one lane roads, tractors that may only go 15 mph down the same road you are traveling, peace and quiet, police officers catching speeders and going after drugs then this is not the area for you...especially Oxford. I moved to Warren County (Oxford area)because I have children that I want them to grow up in safety. I have an appreciation for quiet days and nights (no loud car radios, sirens all day and night, loud neighbors keeping me up all night). I moved to Warren County for peace of mind... I can leave my front door open on a warm summer day and not worry about someone robbing me. I do not have to walk in litter and breath in pollution.
I guess that what I am trying to say is as long as you move out here accepting us the way we are and not trying to change our way of life then you will be welcomed... black, white, red, brown, blue, green whatever. It's not the color of folks that becomes a problem. It's the attitude and personalities. Don't move out here "trying to keep it real". Know what self respect is. Don't try to build everywhere. Leave the open spaces alone. Buy an existing home. Keep your starbucks and big business out there. We love small mom and pop shops. We want to keep Mayberry the way it is. FYI - My family is Black and although I have heard many things about folks here - good and bad - my family has never had a problem with anyone. I have children in high school, middle and elementary schools. I have lived here for 12 years.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:08 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,629,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
There is no such thing as racism for the most part. Everyone is the same as YOU. You have your likes and dislikes, everyone does. That does not make anyone racist.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhome View Post
OK I read through each post carefully before responding so please excuse me if this runs a little long. African American families and folks of all racial and ethnic backgrounds if you are looking for a place to live that is quiet, family oriented, and filled with beauty and culture then Warren County welcomes you... even Oxford. But if you are bothered by one lane roads, tractors that may only go 15 mph down the same road you are traveling, peace and quiet, police officers catching speeders and going after drugs then this is not the area for you...especially Oxford. I moved to Warren County (Oxford area)because I have children that I want them to grow up in safety. I have an appreciation for quiet days and nights (no loud car radios, sirens all day and night, loud neighbors keeping me up all night). I moved to Warren County for peace of mind... I can leave my front door open on a warm summer day and not worry about someone robbing me. I do not have to walk in litter and breath in pollution.
I guess that what I am trying to say is as long as you move out here accepting us the way we are and not trying to change our way of life then you will be welcomed... black, white, red, brown, blue, green whatever. It's not the color of folks that becomes a problem. It's the attitude and personalities. Don't move out here "trying to keep it real". Know what self respect is. Don't try to build everywhere. Leave the open spaces alone. Buy an existing home. Keep your starbucks and big business out there. We love small mom and pop shops. We want to keep Mayberry the way it is. FYI - My family is Black and although I have heard many things about folks here - good and bad - my family has never had a problem with anyone. I have children in high school, middle and elementary schools. I have lived here for 12 years.
Very well thought out and written post. Glad to have you as an Oxford resident.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,288 times
YUP!! It is a racist Dump, my husband use to work there!!!! They pulled him over several times, and threatened to hang him from a tree! Also, my brother was locked up there and they asked him why does he believe he was pulled over? He replied he didn't know, and they said its because your Black!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 06:39 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,285,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiggs View Post
YUP!! It is a racist Dump, my husband use to work there!!!! They pulled him over several times, and threatened to hang him from a tree! Also, my brother was locked up there and they asked him why does he believe he was pulled over? He replied he didn't know, and they said its because your Black!!!
Yeah...sure.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:13 PM

71 posts, read 125,444 times
Oxford is just a small cross roads. I think it has one traffic light. I would think most people live in suburban houses just outside the village. Currently the Village is doing some historic renovations to make it charming.
That picture may have done more harm to the town than the town deserves. It may have been a prank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey