Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 PM

7,226 posts, read 11,961,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiggs View Post
YUP!! It is a racist Dump, my husband use to work there!!!! They pulled him over several times, and threatened to hang him from a tree! Also, my brother was locked up there and they asked him why does he believe he was pulled over? He replied he didn't know, and they said its because your Black!!!
Please put down the crack pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFBALL View Post
Oxford is just a small cross roads. I think it has one traffic light. I would think most people live in suburban houses just outside the village. Currently the Village is doing some historic renovations to make it charming.
That picture may have done more harm to the town than the town deserves. It may have been a prank.
Yes, one traffic light. What renovations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 06:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,229 times
Hi, I live in Washington and have been here for a little over a month. Since I have been here I have had the word "hate" engraved on my front door and my wireless router stolen from my doorstep. Even though these things have happened I decided I will not MOVE! The complex in which I live is very diverse and the people are kind and friendly. I don't know too much about the town because I work an hour away and on the weekends I go back to my old neighborhood to shop and dine. My co-worker used to live in the area and told about the rich history but it is just that H-I-S-T-O-R-Y. In this day and time it's ashame we all can't get along and live in harmony...

Old 09-22-2011, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,049 times
I am a black man, with a white wife, that lived in Oxfor, NJ on Valley Road for 12+ years and never had any problems at all.

Strange...

Old 10-20-2012, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,811 times
I was just im washington nj tonight for the first time ever and i will not set foot back there. The people there are so rude and i am an african american 21 year old female. i was there for the corn maze. The guy wjo does the haunted hay ride asked me and my friends where we were from and we told him randolph. Now we were a group of 11 kids and 4 of us were m black. He told us that we were very lucky because carl wasnt working. Aparentlythis carl guy doesnt like african americans. He said that carl cant stand black people and he will hang them and drown them. My friends and i were laughing because we thought he was joking buthe was so serious.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,629 times
Default oxford kkk picture

I lived in Oxford, NJ until 2005. That picture was probably from 2003 and not the 80's because thats the newer Oxford sign. The kkk practiced until 2005 and probably still do in Oxford. It was a way of life there. Go into the Busy Bee convenient store at night and you will probably have a kkk flyer on your car when you come out.

Old 10-23-2019, 12:20 AM

3 posts, read 1,325 times
All the people in this thread that say their is no racism in white township, or the surrounding areas are expert liars.

Racism is a big problem here. They hide it very well. I openly oppose it, and have boldly expressed my anti racist views, and now these bastards stalk me wherever I go.

Old 10-23-2019, 05:34 AM

7,226 posts, read 11,961,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amv062184 View Post
All the people in this thread that say their is no racism in white township, or the surrounding areas are expert liars.

Racism is a big problem here. They hide it very well. I openly oppose it, and have boldly expressed my anti racist views, and now these bastards stalk me wherever I go.
I have no idea what your specific issue is, but if someone is stalking you notify the authorities.

Last edited by Calico696; 10-23-2019 at 05:43 AM..

Old 10-23-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestNJ View Post
I can barely contain my laughter at the prior posts. I've lived in Oxford for 5+ years and have never heard of any race-based incidents. I have heard of the story about the picture from the 1980s which people on this board are mentioning, but that is not the case today. I have many neighbors who would be categorized as "minorities" (e.g, hispanic, asian, black and indian) and they love living in the area. No disrespect intended but since all the "experts" seem to be from out of town, you should give their opinion little weight. If you want a nice community with affordable real estate and still close to major highways such as Rt. 80 and 78, Warren County in general fits the bill. But that's just my opinon...
Another liar.

Old 10-23-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I have no idea what your specific issue is, but if someone is stalking you notify the authorities.
I have told many people about the stalking, but they all think I'm paranoid. The authorities are not going to help me, and I'm not about to be thrown in a looney bin because I asked for help.

Old 10-23-2019, 08:29 AM

232 posts, read 280,199 times
I got black friend living great Meadows long time never had any issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey