Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 10:27 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,022,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernexposure View Post
wow I have a lot to learn about what I need to do when I move in April. We don't have car inspections in Alabama. How long would I have to do this and where is it done? How long does one have to get car tags and new drivers license? Also can anyone tell me how much the power deposit is? Gas and water deposit? and is there one waste management(garbage service) and the cost? Gee, I have a lot of things to do list
Newcomers Guide
NC DMV

http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/moving/newnc/newComersGuide/download/newcomers.pdf (broken link)

Last edited by mm34b; 02-08-2009 at 03:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 06:29 AM

473 posts, read 1,738,408 times
My husband didn't get inspected since moving here last year. We just got it done and he wasn't busted for it.. got lucky all this time. But they put on a Februrary sticker although he was registered back in March last year.

I am confused.

Linda

Old 02-14-2007, 06:46 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,677,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMommy2-4 View Post
My husband didn't get inspected since moving here last year. We just got it done and he wasn't busted for it.. got lucky all this time. But they put on a Februrary sticker although he was registered back in March last year.

I am confused.

Linda
You got lucky this time...probably because it hadn't been inspected before. I wouldn't count on going so long next time.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 16,348 times
Default Inspection Fine

My husband and I just went through this today.
I thought we were in for a major stress attack, but we learned a litlte something. Our inspection was due in June (this is July) so we weren't too late on it, but I was under the assumption if you were late, you were late...no ifs ands or butts about it.
Anyway, come to find out, even if you are late getting your inspection you will receive a reminder letter in the mail telling you have so many days (or months) to get your car inspected. After that time period has come and gone and you still haven't gotten your new inspection sitcker, then is when you will be sent the $250 fine AND our inspector told us they would put a block on your tag as well.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:19 PM

579 posts, read 2,865,413 times
I really stink at getting my inspection done on time as well. Here's what I know:

I have gone over the 4 months and yes, you pay $250.00 when you attempt to renew your registration
I have gone past due but under 4 months, gotten a warning notice, and had it inspected (under 4 months late) and got no fine.
Yes, they back date to when you should have had the car inspected.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:36 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,187,571 times
Now, if the car was out of NC for a few months (like up in college with your child), you can ask DMV to waive the penalty.

Of course, you may need to document the issue.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:35 PM

27 posts, read 189,972 times
If you get it taken care of immediately you can go talk to the District Attorney and he will most likely get it thrown out.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 15,805 times
Default emissions inspection penalty- need help

I never received a warning letter. I would like to appeal not only due to that reason though. I dont ever drive that car, due to the fact that I have a company vehicle. This is why i didnt notice my inspection tag was overdue. I didnt know until I got the letter with the $250 fine in it... and this was actually 8 months past inspection. The car literally sits in my garage. I dont know how to prove that I didnt get a warning letter...but I can prove I drive a company vehicle. Should I try to appeal with this? How would I go about doing such?

Old 01-15-2008, 08:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,575,357 times
as stated above get the vechile inspected, talk to DA or talk to an attorney who can give you sound legal advice verses some forum

Old 01-15-2008, 09:13 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,562,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neildiamond View Post
I never received a warning letter. I would like to appeal not only due to that reason though. I dont ever drive that car, due to the fact that I have a company vehicle. This is why i didnt notice my inspection tag was overdue. I didnt know until I got the letter with the $250 fine in it... and this was actually 8 months past inspection. The car literally sits in my garage. I dont know how to prove that I didnt get a warning letter...but I can prove I drive a company vehicle. Should I try to appeal with this? How would I go about doing such?
If there is any confusion what NC inspection requirements are about, this should make it clear, it is all about revenue for the state, the state that has never seen a tax, fee, and fine that they didn't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina