Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 06:02 PM

24,487 posts, read 10,815,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
I interned near Biloxi, Mississippi for ten weeks one summer. The restroom at work had a sign asking people not to spit chewing tobacco into the urinal. Does this not happen anywhere in Oklahoma?
Spitting or the sign? You keep asking questions about OK. It is a big place. That is like 'do people s.... and sleep on the side walks in CA'?

Check into an extended stay, scout out your area, your budget is very low, you need landlord approval to have a room mate. You will either like it, endure it or run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 07:25 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,343,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
How much time have you spent in Canada? What do you know about accents?
I have Canadian relatives and I have traveled extensively in Canada. There isn't a single Canadian accent any more than there is a single American one. And while there are similarities, Canada is hardly America Lite. There are extensive cultural differences.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:05 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Quote:
I interned near Biloxi, Mississippi for ten weeks one summer. The restroom at work had a sign asking people not to spit chewing tobacco into the urinal. Does this not happen anywhere in Oklahoma?
I've HEARD of this in Oklahoma. Never actually seen it anywhere............................ and I've peed in urinals in just about every county in Oklahoma.

Seriously though, If Mississippi is a perfect "10" on your "Redneck scale, Oklahoma is probably a solid "7" trending toward "8".

Old 11-01-2019, 04:08 AM

593 posts, read 1,794,609 times
I am from California and moved to OKC 9 years ago. I'd move back today if I could as this wasn't a good move for us. I'm HOMESICK and miss my family!

Norman or Moore would be a nice community, but those tornadoes seem to like that area. Truthfully, the tornado watches/warnings are scary and you'll need to pay attention to the news. The news stations do an excellent job of reporting...

The weather is bipolar! There is humidity here, but not like the deep south. But it's HOT and you'll love your air conditioner! The wind blows all the time!!! And if you love Mexican food, you'll need to try a lot of places to find one you like as it's more Tex/Mex here....

Old 11-01-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
I am from California and moved to OKC 9 years ago. I'd move back today if I could as this wasn't a good move for us. I'm HOMESICK and miss my family!

Norman or Moore would be a nice community, but those tornadoes seem to like that area. Truthfully, the tornado watches/warnings are scary and you'll need to pay attention to the news. The news stations do an excellent job of reporting...

The weather is bipolar! There is humidity here, but not like the deep south. But it's HOT and you'll love your air conditioner! The wind blows all the time!!! And if you love Mexican food, you'll need to try a lot of places to find one you like as it's more Tex/Mex here....
I really do not understand your posts. Oklahoma is not California. If it is still so horrible for you after nine years why are you still here where you are miserable?

Old 11-01-2019, 03:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times
Quote:

Ask your family to copy after you and move to Oklahoma. Oklahoma doesn't have crazy out of control wildfires to worry about every year. Try to stay out of living in Moore. You never know when it will have another F5 tornado.

Old 11-01-2019, 03:32 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,474,548 times
Quote:
It's not illegal to spit tobacco juice in the urinal in OK. Don't $hit in the sink, though. It's a 10 dollar fine.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:24 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,520,876 times
Quote:

Then there's the Mormons, who are not Southern (except for Glenn Beck), but have sky-high gun ownership rates.
I guess Mormons love going to the range cause no Mormon would dare shoot another person to defend themself.

Old 11-14-2019, 03:48 AM

593 posts, read 1,794,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
I really do not understand your posts. Oklahoma is not California. If it is still so horrible for you after nine years why are you still here where you are miserable?
I'm still here due to prices of homes in California. I was born and raised there and it will always be home; even with the nutty liberals turning the state into a big mess!

You don't need to understand my posts....SMH!!

Old 11-14-2019, 05:27 AM

Quote:
I'm still here due to prices of homes in California. I was born and raised there and it will always be home; even with the nutty liberals turning the state into a big mess!

You don't need to understand my posts....SMH!!
Nine years of misery in OK for a 3-car garage in the right neighborhood? No, that is something I do not understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City