Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 02:08 PM

542 posts, read 1,106,763 times

Advertisements

I loathe NBC and Pea!@#$, not a chance I'm paying them %@#$!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 02:42 PM

1,982 posts, read 969,691 times
I don't see how it's any different of an experiment than Amazon Prime getting the Thursday night games this past season.

Old 01-12-2024, 02:57 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
I don't see how it's any different of an experiment than Amazon Prime getting the Thursday night games this past season.
I watched them, but the quality is lacking.

Old 01-12-2024, 07:35 PM

2,536 posts, read 2,735,318 times
Subscribe and cancel.

Old 01-12-2024, 07:41 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Tried to log in on my phone to Peacock, got "Peacock is not responding". Peacock is a disaster.

Old 01-13-2024, 03:56 AM

715 posts, read 1,039,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
Similar to the Bills/Chargers game a couple of weeks ago, you will not be able to watch at least 2 playoffs games next week unless you're willing to pony up a nominal fee to the Peacock network (or if you're in the home viewing area).
No way I'm signing up for The 'c o c k to see this game. Co's like nbc uni are jumping the shark. And I'm not even watching nbc's early game today-- broadcast over the air 4:30pm game-- either (on YouTube TV, for me). Forget this. Edit to add: family from the Deep South quit what little NFL watching they were doing, long ago, because of some antipathy toward the high-paid players and just divo's off the field. Read into it what you will. Upshot, they only watch SEC college football, which is still closer to Friday night lights (that may soon not be as true).

But now the NFL is giving regular middle America folks reason to turn them off... by forcing folks to purchase extra streaming to see a damn (free) broadcast game. Some folks CAN find other ways to occupy their time on Sunday afternoons, other than pay more/extra for the priviledge of watching NFL. We watch out of market free NFL games on YouTube TV just for entertainment. And the advertisers get our eyeballs. But we can certainly do other things with that time if the big co's try to force us to buy many of the games. We won't be doing that at all. Folks who live in that game's market will be the ones watching the game and not as many others from around the country. Some will pay, but some will not.

Last edited by gball721; 01-13-2024 at 04:33 AM..

Old 01-13-2024, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Two games I won't watch!

They make it easy to care less about the NFL. Take the opportunity.
Amen. I'm not watching the early (nbc broadcast) game today either. And the ratings police will know because I watch broadcast on YouTube TV.

Old 01-13-2024, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
PPV is coming ... Some day soon, we'll get hit with 'Super Bowl - only $99.99!'

I got cheated out of six Friday night Phillies games last season because they were on Apple+ TV. I'm a fan of capitalism, but the leagues and owners don't give a FF about the fans.

Oh, and now that we have MNF playoffs, my Eagles are on Monday night ... which effectively killed my football fun this weekend.
I feel like the c o c k and the NFL are trying to further test the PPV waters, here, but are going to fail miserably with this particular game. Seems like there's PPV of a sort already with YouTube TV Sunday Ticket...which gives out of market NFL games in return for purchasing that streaming package?

Old 01-13-2024, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Unless my wife has Peacock already - I'm not making a special purchase for this. The only reason I see the Amazon Prime games is because my wife has Prime. I wouldn't make a special purchase for that.

I guess growing up in a day where you only had a few channels of TV - and they didn't broadcast the entire day... it's not a big deal if I miss a TV broadcast.

You train people how to treat you. If you want to pay for football in the future, go ahead and suck up to their demands this weekend.

Do they not make enough money already with the advertising - that this is necessary?
Same. My wife happens to have Prime... so therefore, yeah, we do watch the Thursday night games. But we didn't sign up for Prime FOR the NFL. Hell no.

Old 01-13-2024, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I might pay a small fee not to have to listen to Joe Buck.
Come on... you know you love hearing that "...he's the hall of famer, Troy Aikman".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football