Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 12:43 PM

4 posts, read 5,563 times

Advertisements

Yes the security is a little heavy-handed for an organization like BSF. You don't see anything like that at Cornerstone, Oak Hills, Gateway or even the various Catholic enclaves around the city. I am not saying at all that BSF is involved in anything. They are just a tenant but I'm telling you again- I have driven up that road and I have never seen any senior citizens or many super young or anyone above 50 in the vehicles. I've been on the BSF website and toured it- it's a great organization. Just very odd collection of buildings and features.

The various small concrete pads, the large pipe systems, old trailings from excavation, the adjacent quarries, and number one dead-ringer for underground activity is the unusual structure at 29.716667, -98.619972 on the west/north western corner of Camp Bullis. Built into the hillside and a large elevator shaft type structure and the unusual fencing.

If it was some sort of public works (steam heat, water, power generation) facility you would see tanks- even small ones for treatment chemicals or waste material, large pads for pumps, aeration ponds, cooling equipment or electrical switchgear/transformer structures. Also odd on imagery of this facility at other times are numerous small trailers- like small U-Haul size trailers (motorcycle/one room apartment size). The dimensions of these compared to the perimeter dimensions of the enclosed tower clearly show these trailers would fit as if it was an equipment lift.

If you also look at that structure/facility and then with a ruler measure out to scale what would be 500-750 foot increments, you see small pads scattered. Not many- but very odd- they aren't manholes, and at that resolution, you don't see if they are ventilation caps or a pipeline cap/clean-out point. The north border of Bullis is basically Dietz Elkhorn Rd. On the north side of the road, you see a pretty sizeable substation with high-tension lines going to it and it just ends. No other feeders to other neighborhoods. So it's safe to say these go underground at this point. And again- it's a massive substation.

HOWEVER, Camp Bullis main facilities are supplied by a very massive substation right on NW Military adjacent to Eisenhower Park. This substation has power lines that you can trace easily to almost the entire base down to individual wooden poles to motor pools, small training camp/supply buildings, etc. So it's still very plausible that there is a significant underground facility at Camp Bullis.

As noted before, no aliens or UFOs or cave lizard men. If it was teaming with personnel, there would be far more ventilation systems and so forth. With Southwest Research in town, SA's massive medical infrastructure and two military airfields, Camp Bullis would also be vastly superior for chemical/bio weapon storage or research than that Edgewood in Maryland.

A plausible activity wouldn't be development of weapons but the more benign research into antigens/vaccinations/treatments against bio/chemical weapons- hence the reason why you don't need lots of space for stockpiling weapons- you just need secure/safe places to research small quantities.

I also feel this is why the unusual hilltop water pumping pads are around the southern border of the base by BSF- if there ever was a leak or spill and could not be contained, rapid flushing of the facility or- pumping in massive quantities of water, aided by gravity and slope, would be needed to dilute/disperse or flood and filter a big spill of bio/chem weapons material.

Just fascinating- probably not interesting to those hoping for alien activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 12:59 PM

4 posts, read 5,563 times
As for BSF. Let's keep this in perspective. BSF has a great mission and is open and supplements the study of the Bible even for other denominations.

However, it's very odd that the road off Huebner has so many warning signs, cameras and of course the deputy's threat.

They offer "tours" and have a "vistor center" even identified on their vague map. But what open/Christian fellowship supporting organization doesn't even allow you to drive up to the visitor center unless you pass a battery of cameras, controlled gates and so forth?

Sounds more like a North Korean "tour" and "vistor center".

That's why and only why there is such an unusual relationship here. Also a check of the Bexar CAD Property Search records are a bit unusual.

BSF has known individuals on their board including an ex Walmart CEO. I have no doubt BSF does what is says it does but I do see potential for the facilities not being 100% BSFs and only some key management/leadership know it. I could see hypothetically that bio/chem researchers who are "in active status" sleep and live there away from the main base military component and there are access paths to the underground facilities where research is conducted. Again- I do not feel anything malevolent is going on- it's very much plausible that they are doing work to help counter agents that a rogue nation or adversary would use.

So, while researchers or techncians can come and go without a lot of scruitiny they can still go get dinner, shop, golf, whatever. As for scruitiny, the elaborate metal roof-covered sidewalks would help keep actual activity levels cloaked and the vans are used for the same purpose- does a 16 passenger van have one person and one driver or 15 people and a driver?.

I for one have no problem if that sort of research is being done underground at Camp Bullis- this world needs to be ready.

Last edited by PCodrington; 05-17-2018 at 01:10 PM..

Old 05-18-2018, 10:09 AM

894 posts, read 1,546,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCodrington View Post
The various small concrete pads, the large pipe systems, old trailings from excavation, the adjacent quarries, and number one dead-ringer for underground activity is the unusual structure at 29.716667, -98.619972 on the west/north western corner of Camp Bullis. Built into the hillside and a large elevator shaft type structure and the unusual fencing.
The facility you describe isn't on Camp Bullis, but on Camp Stanley. Camp Stanley's primary mission is the storage of ammunition and weapons. It is more plausibly an ammunition maintenance facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCodrington View Post
Bullis main facilities are supplied by a very massive substation right on NW Military adjacent to Eisenhower Park. This substation has power lines that you can trace easily to almost the entire base down to individual wooden poles to motor pools, small training camp/supply buildings, etc. So it's still very plausible that there is a significant underground facility at Camp Bullis.
The electrical substation you are referring to is an electrical substation belonging to CPS Energy. The substation was recently upgraded to support all the energy coming in from wind farms in west Texas. It doesn't supply Camp Bullis, just happens to be located adjacent to it.

I have a long history with Camp Bullis going back to a very hot summer in 1980. I am still out there regularly. I can assure you that you would be bored to death with the mostly training type activities that go on out there. Camp Stanley is equally dull.

It is fun to use Google Earth and speculate what might be happening behind fences and guards, but I'll leave you with a caution in case you are inclined to do anything more than look on Google Earth. There is this little thing called the Espionage Act of 1917. Though it is a very old piece of legislation, it is still in active use and the Patriot Act adds in a new set of teeth that can do some nasty things. Though the activities at these places may be boring, the people who live and work at these places are rightfully suspicious of people who are seen to be watching, probing, or just a little too interested. It is a part of their training to report suspicious activities.

Just a friendly note of caution.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:38 AM

1,004 posts, read 1,619,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustybolt View Post
The facility you describe isn't on Camp Bullis, but on Camp Stanley. Camp Stanley's primary mission is the storage of ammunition and weapons. It is more plausibly an ammunition maintenance facility.

The electrical substation you are referring to is an electrical substation belonging to CPS Energy. The substation was recently upgraded to support all the energy coming in from wind farms in west Texas. It doesn't supply Camp Bullis, just happens to be located adjacent to it.

I have a long history with Camp Bullis going back to a very hot summer in 1980. I am still out there regularly. I can assure you that you would be bored to death with the mostly training type activities that go on out there. Camp Stanley is equally dull.

It is fun to use Google Earth and speculate what might be happening behind fences and guards, but I'll leave you with a caution in case you are inclined to do anything more than look on Google Earth. There is this little thing called the Espionage Act of 1917. Though it is a very old piece of legislation, it is still in active use and the Patriot Act adds in a new set of teeth that can do some nasty things. Though the activities at these places may be boring, the people who live and work at these places are rightfully suspicious of people who are seen to be watching, probing, or just a little too interested. It is a part of their training to report suspicious activities.

Just a friendly note of caution.
Thanks for the note of caution, but human nature being what
it is, probably more are now curious about this boring place!

Old 05-18-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchodrive View Post
Thanks for the note of caution, but human nature being what
it is, probably more are now curious about this boring place!
I do my best! It's boring folks...move along...nothing to see here.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:41 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,619,874 times
I went inside in the '90s but now I'm not sure if it was
Camp Bullis or Stanley. The entrance I believe was on 1604.
It was in the Fall at 4am with the temps in the 30s.
I was there to do a report on the training of the soldiers.
For me it was not boring.... just very cold!

Old 05-18-2018, 07:28 PM

814 posts, read 676,093 times
My uncle used to be in command of Camp Stanley from his office at the bigger facility in east TX. Well that was 40-50 years ago...

Speculation is that lots of foreign arms are stored at CS in case we need to plant them strategically.

The BSF facility may just be a little odd due to certain unadvertised 'beliefs', no end of odd-ball but sincere and harmless folks in this world.

Then again their main business may require lots of care and stealth. An odd religious cult, that would be perfect cover for other activities.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:19 AM

Speaking of mysteries, wonder what google has smudged out at this site (on a straight road off the service road, south of 7003 W loop 1604 N, north of Walmart) ?

Long road to abandoned looking concrete pad with hidden equipment.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.5041.../data=!3m1!1e3

Old 05-23-2018, 05:39 PM

Those smudges look like piles of dirt to me. That said, on Google Earth Pro (more current imagery) that pad doesn't exist any more and there is new construction.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:18 PM

agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio