Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:52 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastescapee View Post
Just checking in with the cyber family; sorry to see some family members have been lost.
Didn't get to meet Ed, but enjoyed time spent talking with MrsG' s mom.
Thoughts and Prayers are with you all.
LeftCoastEscapee - aka Wesley
Hey...too cool to see you back! How's the Left Coast?
Yes, many tears around these parts lately, but we get by with a little help from our friends.

(((You)))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 09:57 AM

23 posts, read 86,404 times
Default pizza night

Mrs G
Yes Mr Monana said that he hoped the group would accept men as he is looking to link up with someone who has interests same as his. We are looking to make 'good friends' that we want to do things with. Missing that part of our life we had before the move. Arris' is a good place, even Angelina and Brad Pitt eat there when they come here I am told!! Have only eaten there once but it was good. Let's set a date and get the ball rolling, ok? What do you think? What is everybody thinking for a day of the week, or weekend? We prefer weekend as we work M-F. Just our preference but would do as the group chooses. Hope to hear some options.
Monana

Old 06-25-2008, 10:02 AM

Smile Vote for pizza night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
There was some talk of our next meeting being in Ozark (besides being so centrally located, it would also allow L J to stay longer) and I just learned of a potential site. <snip> It's called Angeli and their prices look great. Their website is Angeli Restaurant
If I remember correctly, we talked about having this as a pizza night so more men could come and we talked about possibly having it on a Tuesday. The restaurant said that wasn't a particularly busy night but I just noticed that Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays and that might change the dynamic for us...kwim? <snip>

Whew! We've got our work cut out for us! Let's get started!
Good points...Kids Night, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monana View Post
Just back from vacation and seeing that some might be up for pizza night in Springfield. I would be interested in that and might be able to get my hubby to tag along. We have not met any of you but you look (and sound) like a fun group. I could suggest Arris Pizza on Republic Road or Mr Salty's (there are 2 locations). Anyone have a night or time that is best?
Just to stay away from the weekend of the 4th...how about Tuesday July 8?

Hey Monana...Arris' Pizza is awesome...but I'd also like to throw Mr. G's Pizza into the ring. It's a locals hangout here in downtown Branson and has Chicago Style pizza 'n pasta...(sfx: gravelly voice)... Since the July Coffee Meet will be in Springfield, does anyone object if we do the pizza night on the south side?

Who knows...if it's a nice night...we might end up with our toes in water...

C'mon everybody...vote!

Old 06-25-2008, 10:15 AM

I vote for July 8 and any place is good. Since some of us have to drive from the north or east, let's be sure to allow time to clean up from work and to drive. We could not make it any earlier than 6:30 or 7 for us without much traffic to deal with (like going to Ozark). Where is the pizza place in Branson? What would traffic be like so we could plan for it? Arris' can be busy but just got off the phone with them and they have an adult seating place next door to them that they own which is a sports bar like place (non smoking) and can be used. They do not take reservations but suggest if we ever choose to go there, to call 1-2 hrs in advance and let them know so they can plan on putting tables together for the larger group.
I have rambled on and on, so let's just set the plan into motion. Any place will be good for us and SOOO excited to meet everyone.
Monana

Old 06-25-2008, 12:00 PM

51 posts, read 225,542 times
Default Keeter Center and Way Cool Boat Ride

Thank you so much to the OTFCC group for making B.J. and myself feel so welcome during our recent visit to beautiful SW MO. We really enjoyed meeting those of you who were able be there for lunch at the Keeter Center, Pointe Lookout and on Lake's way cool blue boat. All of you are such nice, fun, sweet, and interesting people. Truly memorable hospitality. Missouri really is the "show me" state. We are looking forward to relocating to the area and spending more time with the quality people from OTFCC. Our very best personal wishes to each of you ... the time together at the Ketter Center and boat ride were highlights of our short visit. ... Zoltani B.J.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:24 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
I can go for July 8th. Either Arris in Springfield or Angeli's in Ozark works for me...haven't tried either one and always up for something new.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:51 PM

Thumbs up Arris' on the 8th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monana View Post
I vote for July 8 and any place is good. Since some of us have to drive from the north or east, let's be sure to allow time to clean up from work and to drive. We could not make it any earlier than 6:30 or 7 for us without much traffic to deal with (like going to Ozark). Where is the pizza place in Branson? What would traffic be like so we could plan for it? Arris' can be busy but just got off the phone with them and they have an adult seating place next door to them that they own which is a sports bar like place (non smoking) and can be used. They do not take reservations but suggest if we ever choose to go there, to call 1-2 hrs in advance and let them know so they can plan on putting tables together for the larger group.
I have rambled on and on, so let's just set the plan into motion. Any place will be good for us and SOOO excited to meet everyone.
Monana
Mr. G's is right in downtown Branson, Tuesday night shouldn't be a big deal for traffic or parking or getting tables. Not in that part of town!

The problem with making reservations is that we rarely know how many will actually show up. (One time Mrs. C was sitting there all by herself! )
We used the upstairs at McSalty's one time, and that worked out fine. That's ONE of the reasons a weeknight is better...besides the fact that we don't want to cut into family time, and some of the regulars work evenings & weekends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
I can go for July 8th. Either Arris in Springfield or Angeli's in Ozark works for me...haven't tried either one and always up for something new.
I'm fine with Arris'...6-7ish on July 8th...anyone else?

Old 06-25-2008, 01:12 PM

Cool It was, indeed, a gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltani View Post
Thank you so much to the OTFCC group for making B.J. and myself feel so welcome during our recent visit to beautiful SW MO. We really enjoyed meeting those of you who were able be there for lunch at the Keeter Center, Pointe Lookout and on Lake's way cool blue boat. All of you are such nice, fun, sweet, and interesting people. Truly memorable hospitality. Missouri really is the "show me" state. We are looking forward to relocating to the area and spending more time with the quality people from OTFCC. Our very best personal wishes to each of you ... the time together at the Ketter Center and boat ride were highlights of our short visit. ... Zoltani B.J.

We all had so much fun meeting this couple...I loved getting to show you & Barb around a bit!

More to come...

Old 06-26-2008, 09:44 AM

I am good for Arris' on the 8th. How about 7 y'all. I can call and see that a table is ready for us the night and time we choose. What does everyone else think. And how many are planning on coming. My hubby will be joining. Come on ladies and bring your man if you have one What does everyone think about a time?
Monana

Old 06-26-2008, 10:11 AM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
Default Hey leftcoastescapee!!! Good 2 C U!!!!

Hi everyone! YES! We had a blast at the luncheon! I couldn't go on the boat, cuz I had to get back to work , but I had the pleasure of meeting barbharp and Zoltani, and got to see my favorite peeps!!

I would love to meet you newbies on the 8th, and 7 sounds good, altho the dh will be doing a show that night and can't make it. Maybe I can get mr and mrs califokie to come with me!

Where are we meeting? North or South?

http://bestsmileys.com/water/5.gif (broken link)**I missed the boat, last time, so would really enjoy that, and dh is done at 9.....** (hint hint LJ!!)

But, have c-d friends...will travel!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area