Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2008, 11:05 AM

6 posts, read 34,159 times

Advertisements

I'm all signed up now and looking forward to getting acquainted. My good friend invited me to the lunch at The Keeter Center and enjoyed meeting everyone. However, I just missed the coffee club meeting. I will be watching and look forward to the next one. Till we meet again, Cruzan EZ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 11:53 AM

791 posts, read 1,820,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltani View Post
Thank you so much to the OTFCC group for making B.J. and myself feel so welcome during our recent visit to beautiful SW MO. We really enjoyed meeting those of you who were able be there for lunch at the Keeter Center, Pointe Lookout and on Lake's way cool blue boat. All of you are such nice, fun, sweet, and interesting people. Truly memorable hospitality. Missouri really is the "show me" state. We are looking forward to relocating to the area and spending more time with the quality people from OTFCC. Our very best personal wishes to each of you ... the time together at the Ketter Center and boat ride were highlights of our short visit. ... Zoltani B.J.

Zoltani,

It's nice hearing you & B.J. had such a good time. We do have a great group of folks in the OTFCC, but it's always reassuring to hear others think so too. You were both delightful to visit with, and we do look forward to more time with you in the future. Hopefully it won't be too much longer till you're official Mo Peeps. And I agree, our little spin on LJ's 'Blue Moon' was a highlight of the day. I keep reliving it in my mind, and it makes me go... Ahhhhhh.

You & B.J. take care of yourselves, and remember, we're waitin' for ya! Best of wishes back at ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Mr. G's is right in downtown Branson, Tuesday night shouldn't be a big deal for traffic or parking or getting tables. Not in that part of town!

The problem with making reservations is that we rarely know how many will actually show up. (One time Mrs. C was sitting there all by herself! )
We used the upstairs at McSalty's one time, and that worked out fine. That's ONE of the reasons a weeknight is better...besides the fact that we don't want to cut into family time, and some of the regulars work evenings & weekends!

I'm fine with Arris'...6-7ish on July 8th...anyone else?
LJ,

Arris' sounds good for now. 7ish would probably be better for us, since hubby doesn't get off work until 6:30p. I can always meet him in Springfield and drive to Branson from there. If I can get him to go, we'll probably make it. If not, I'm not sure if I'll want to be making that drive late at night by myself. So....we'll see what the rest vote for and try to make it work. I'll try to be as flexible as I can, cuz, it really is worth it to see my dear friends. It does my heart good to see you all.

Now, I'm just one person, so please know that I don't expect the majority of folks to change the plans to accomodate us. If it doesn't work this time....there's always next time. It's all good.

Hugs to all,
Boof

Old 06-26-2008, 01:46 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Talking The more the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
I would love to meet you newbies on the 8th, and 7 sounds good, altho the dh will be doing a show that night and can't make it. Maybe I can get mr and mrs califokie to come with me!
Oh, yes...it wouldn't be the same w/o the Calfokies!

Quote:
Where are we meeting? North or South?
Looks like majority rules says Springfield...

Quote:

http://bestsmileys.com/water/5.gif (broken link)**I missed the boat, last time, so would really enjoy that, and dh is done at 9.....** (hint hint LJ!!)

Actually, after dark is a very time to be on the lake during nice weather...especially during a full moon.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:59 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Default Nice photo

Not really, it's a "GREAT" photo LJ.
Could I ask the lens length?

Old 06-27-2008, 09:05 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Red face Blue Moon Photo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Not really, it's a "GREAT" photo LJ.
Could I ask the lens length?
Actually, truth be told, I didn't take that photo, I bought it from istockphoto.com.

I was looking for blue moon photos...

Old 06-27-2008, 10:17 AM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Default July 8th...7:00

Works for me. Sounds like a dinner plan.

Do we still want to do coffee someplace on the 16th which would be our "normal" coffee meet date? How about Starbucks at Target in north Branson (the site of our first meeting)..if you haven't been in that area in a while you will be amazed by it's growth..

Old 06-27-2008, 10:21 AM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Welcome to the forum...come join us for dinner on the 8th. Arris Pizza at 7:00 in Springfield. It's on E. Republic Rd.

And we enjoyed meeting the "newbies" at Keeter....it was fun luncheon.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:24 AM

791 posts, read 1,820,155 times
Ok, now I'm really embarrassed!

It said right there in black & white that Mr. G's was in Branson, and Arris' was in Springfield, and what did I do? I still turned it around and confused myself....again. I swear, I'm so frazzled that I don't know whether I'm coming, going, gone or went!!!!! LOL

Anyhoo, either one is fine with me, although to be honest, Arris' is closer, so if hubby doesn't go, I can still go by myself. I just don't care to drive from Branson late at night all by my lonesome. However, Mr. G's would be more convenient for LJ, MrsC, Darlynn & Califokie. With me being the 'odd man out', I'm all for making it easier for the majority, ya know?

Just wanted to let you all know that this 'air head' sprang a leak....hehehehe But, thanks to a little dab of spackle, I'm back in biness.

Wherever it is, I can't wait to see ya'lls again!!!

Gotta go fill up again,
Boof

Old 06-27-2008, 02:05 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,607,165 times
Thumbs up Blue Moon

Thanks, LJ. Guess I'll have to take my own when I get there. I'll figure it out. Hope you'll share some of your favorite vantage points. It's the perfect timing of the image and it's reflection that I really like.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:46 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,663 times
Cool Welcome to the forum, Cruzan EZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzan EZ View Post
I'm all signed up now and looking forward to getting acquainted. My good friend invited me to the lunch at The Keeter Center and enjoyed meeting everyone. However, I just missed the coffee club meeting. I will be watching and look forward to the next one. Till we meet again, Cruzan EZ
Welcome, EZ! I just figured out what you meant. You were one of the women who joined us for lunch at Keeter! Am I right? Well, our group is CALLED The Over the Fence Coffee Club but as you saw, we don't always limit it to coffee. This month, we held the Keeter Center luncheon instead in honor of meeting barbharp and Zoltani as they arrived in town.

Next month, we talked about changing it to a Pizza Night because L J mentioned that a certain favorite moderator here in the forum said that he might come if we did a pizza night again. I don't think we thought about adding a special meeting for that. One of the things L J mentioned was that we have always said we can make up the rules as we go along.

It is quite time consuming and expensive to drive to Branson so I think I'll bow out of any extra coffee meeting next month but I'm totally "down" with a pizza night at Arris in Springfield.

Maybe we can do an afternoon pizza some time at MrG's in Branson. That sounds like a great location! Then again, the Starbucks in Target was also a great meeting place. I'm okay with either...as long as it's not in July.

I enjoyed the lunch so much at Keeter Center and getting to know you, Cruzan EZ...even just a little bit! I hope you become "a regular" at future OTFCC gatherings!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately, friends. I won't go into all the negative reasons but one good reason is that tonight and tomorrow, I'm attending a class to become a C.E.R.T. volunteer. For those of you who don't know, C.E.R.T. stands for Community Emergency Response Team. If anyone wants to know more, send me a DM and I'll fill you in on it. Better yet, follow this link: Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)

Gnite!

MrsG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area