Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2022, 06:00 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
What will be the consequences or will NATO just let it happen like they did with Crimea to prevent WW3?
And let's go from the other side.. Russia has captured half of Ukraine.. Nato sh*t yourself and did not take any action.. Sanctions were not imposed.. What then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 07:25 AM

27,146 posts, read 13,434,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
And let's go from the other side.. Russia has captured half of Ukraine.. Nato sh*t yourself and did not take any action.. Sanctions were not imposed.. What then?
It's already been stated that virtually total sanctions will be applied, and Russia will just become an international pariah, barred from international trade and internationsl events including sporting events.

The next step would be for NATO to increase it's Defence spending further and to base large numbers of troops and forces on the Russian borders, with the possibility of a new cold war. NATO may also expand further with Finland and Sweden increasingly eager to join due to recent Russian actions.

NATO may also base troops in the unoccupied area of Ukraine, with a new Iron Curtain emerging.

It's Russia's own choice, and it's Russia that will feel the consequences rather than the west.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO6y-cE140U

Last edited by Brave New World; 02-19-2022 at 07:33 AM..

Old 02-19-2022, 08:07 AM

5,951 posts, read 2,871,799 times
If very strong sanctions are applied. Russia will have nothing to loose and could go rogue line China.and NONE want that.

Old 02-19-2022, 08:15 AM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Why does that even matter to you? I will tell you why, you will take whatever position the US government takes.

Your little rant on the ruble and Russian banks seems quite silly. You think that only the dollar and maybe euro matter as currencies? You think that only American and maybe western European banks matter? Nonsense.
It wasn't a rant. It was a sincere question. There was a time, when I would try to exchange excess rubles for anything at all in W European banks. They refused to take them. If something has changed, I'd like to know.

I would love to see Russia finally stand on its feet economically, and be able to provide a better standard of living for its people, but while there have been some improvements here and there, there's still a tremendously long way to go.

Old 02-19-2022, 08:45 AM

705 posts, read 504,922 times
I’d hope there is no war, utter waste of money and lives for one persons ego. But it Russia attacks Ukraine, I think NATO will build up it forces closer to the Russian border in Poland and Romania, Finland and Sweden join NATO. China decides to finally take Taiwan. The US economy takes a dump because now the majority of chip manufacturing is now in Communist hands and a bunch of vital resources that came out of Ukraine are now controlled by the Russians. Ukraine becomes a vassal state of Russia, pay back baby. Not to mention oil prices spike. Russia is really just run by the Russian Mafia, they only understand and respect strength. Right now, the US is weak, lead by a politically weak old man more concerned with transgender rights in the military and not hurting peoples feelings. I’m thinking this is like the fall of the western Roman Empire, quite a few parallels. Except with nuclear weapons.

Old 02-19-2022, 09:46 AM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
I’d hope there is no war, utter waste of money and lives for one persons ego. But it Russia attacks Ukraine, I think NATO will build up it forces closer to the Russian border in Poland and Romania, Finland and Sweden join NATO. China decides to finally take Taiwan. The US economy takes a dump because now the majority of chip manufacturing is now in Communist hands and a bunch of vital resources that came out of Ukraine are now controlled by the Russians. Ukraine becomes a vassal state of Russia, pay back baby. Not to mention oil prices spike. Russia is really just run by the Russian Mafia, they only understand and respect strength. Right now, the US is weak, lead by a politically weak old man more concerned with transgender rights in the military and not hurting peoples feelings. I’m thinking this is like the fall of the western Roman Empire, quite a few parallels. Except with nuclear weapons.
Biden's doing a lot better with Russia than his predecessor. I'll take an old, but intelligent, man over a nut case game show host and failed entrepreneur anytime.

Old 02-19-2022, 09:47 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,016,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
I’d hope there is no war, utter waste of money and lives for one persons ego. But it Russia attacks Ukraine, I think NATO will build up it forces closer to the Russian border in Poland and Romania, Finland and Sweden join NATO.

I had no idea Finland and Sweden aren't in nato but I'm pleasantly surprised they have some independence and self-esteem and what not not to play the game of America. Which is what Poland, Romania and other (all??) eastern european countries are dumb enough to do. Well ok excluding Serbia.

Old 02-19-2022, 12:04 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,182,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I had no idea Finland and Sweden aren't in nato but I'm pleasantly surprised they have some independence and self-esteem and what not not to play the game of America. Which is what Poland, Romania and other (all??) eastern european countries are dumb enough to do. Well ok excluding Serbia.
Really? Finland has a 1,340 km long border with Russia. Finland has had a strict neutrality policy since WW2 due to its paranoid authoritarian neighbour. Finand and Sweden are among NATO's closests partners and allies.

Old 02-19-2022, 01:03 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,016,828 times
^ It's their choice, it's not up to you or me to decide. Wait a minute...wasn't this the "democracy" that Biden and American presidents wouldn't shut up repeating? There you go, democracy in Austria, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, Ireland, Serbia, Belarus, Russia, China...

Old 02-19-2022, 05:52 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,175 times
Default Are Eastern Europeans falling for anti-Russian propaganda?

Eastern Europeans blame Russia for all these problems and NATO just flies under the radar.

When will they wake up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe