Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 10:06 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,598,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock90 View Post
"Plans for the hotel include 800 square feet of meeting space..."

What is that, a meeting space for ANTS?

With apologies to Zoolander, when your meeting space is basically two hotel rooms put together, maybe you should just leave it off the press release. Cool looking hotel chain, though.
If you follow the link below and select "Meetings and Events" you will see a picture of what the meeting room is supposed to look like. 800 square feet sounds about right.

Element Huntsville - Opening March, 2017
Starwood Hotels & Resorts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 11:15 PM

944 posts, read 1,188,830 times
So it is basically an extension of the Westin - an extended stay...cool.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:43 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,851,370 times
Does anybody know what happened to the other shopping center that was announced a couple of years ago in Jones Valley on the other side of Carl T. Jones? They announced they were going to break ground but nothing has ever happened. I suspect the anchors they thought they had must have jumped ship and went with another development but I don't remember seeing any updates.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:29 AM

34 posts, read 87,828 times
dijkstra:

Apparently it's a development with many phases. The first phase looks like it's residential. There are a few houses already built and they look pretty nice in my opinion. I think it's going to take some time before it is complete but they have started it at least.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:41 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,305,933 times
2 projects that are going nowhere (that I can see):

1) Town Madison - the Zierdt Rd/565 Breland project. Is that going to happen? Anyone have details?
2) the development at SE corner of County Line & Browns Ferry. That was announced a couple of years ago and absolutely nothing has happened, but there's still a sign there saying "coming soon".

anyone have details on either of these projects?

Old 04-27-2016, 08:58 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,276,433 times
Breland is demolishing the old Intergraph buildings on the land he just acquired....what I was told is once that land became a possibility for him to get he began to change the overall plan of Town Madison. I don't know if that is true, just what I was told.

But still...who knows. They are moving dirt still and look like they are getting ready to possibly start laying sewer lines, but that's about it.

I don't think you will see them start anything on the Zierdt Road exit until work on Zierdt Road is completed and who knows when that will be...it seems like it should have been finished long ago.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:20 AM

266 posts, read 397,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
I really like the sound of this, like a Wegman's of the South
Unfortunately nothing around here compares to Wegmans.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:00 PM

117 posts, read 315,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
2 projects that are going nowhere (that I can see):

1) Town Madison - the Zierdt Rd/565 Breland project. Is that going to happen? Anyone have details?
2) the development at SE corner of County Line & Browns Ferry. That was announced a couple of years ago and absolutely nothing has happened, but there's still a sign there saying "coming soon".

anyone have details on either of these projects?
Two weeks ago, Breland said that he was planning to present the plan to Madison City Council this month and then announce store names after that, but it seems that hasn't happened this month. Maybe next month or so, we might hear announcements on store names. They already have put gravels on Town Madison Boulevard (AKA Kellener road), so this part of road construction will probably be done in two months.

About the development at SE corner of County Line & Browns Ferry, I think that they are exploring for the possibility of making the development mixed-use. It seems that no other anchor stores would work out that area with many major stores already close by (Walmart, Publix, Kroger, Dollar store.. etc). Last time, I saw the footprint that shows apartments, a hotel and town centre like stores in the plan, but I wasn't sure if it was the updated plan.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:59 AM

154 posts, read 158,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnygreek View Post
Unfortunately nothing around here compares to Wegmans.
The only northern chain I have been in is Aldi. Is it similar to Wegmans?

Old 04-28-2016, 10:46 AM

410 posts, read 697,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Ellington View Post
The only northern chain I have been in is Aldi. Is it similar to Wegmans?
No. More like a much larger Whole Foods/Sprouts/Trader Joe's mix. I've only been to the ones in Maryland, which did not have beer or wine in them. They were very nice, but they didn't replace our standard grocery store shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area