Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 03:50 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

You are confused. You are saying that I said something that I did not say. We adopted our son when he was 4 weeks old saving KS taxpayers thousands of dollars as we, unlike the mooches coming into KS illegally and hatching anchor babies for FREE. We had no adoption subsidies, no Medicaid and we homeschooled our child. I was looking forward to my son going into a day program which he did, 3 different ones, with people so incompetent, abusive and totally ignorant about people with DD. What I learned in KS was that unless something would most likely result in death, it was considered that serious. I have never encountered so many incompetent people in a cluster before. We waited 5 years for residential services only to learn that even though the better programs would have to accept my son, they didn't, I had it in writing but nothing was done about enforcement. I have a blog on what happened to my son. Our problems existed before Brownback was elected. Also, my son is allowed Personal Assistance Services which I do perform and am paid for. This is not the job I want and no one else wants this kind of job either. I want my son to a life and he can never do it in KS.

Because the town is becoming so rundown, businesses closing and if you e-verify, don't bother coming here looking for employees, houses don't sell here unless you have enough room for 3 or 4 families, illegals. One legal buys and 2 or 3 LARGE families of anchor babies all live together. The shelves are full here of bedbug and lice products.

Illegals are ruining KS. They have replaced roofers and others in the construction business, the landscape business and in manufacturing. They have driven down wages and benefits in the area. Twenty years ago, this was a great looking town and twenty years from now, it will be nothing more than a dangerous dive unless immigration law is enforced.

There are no jobs for the kids graduating from high school and college yet we continue to allow illegals to take the jobs and rape our public assistance funds meant for US citizens.

The drug cartel freely flows through KS which is another great reason and benefit to vote for Trump or Carson. Brownback isn't our problem, it is the POTUS.

I am tired of paying high taxes for nothing. The state is getting more and more rundown. A firm believer in "you reap what you sow", I think KS is in for some major issues ahead.

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 12-03-2015 at 04:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 04:19 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Kansans for themost part are getting what they deserve.

The state is getting more and more rundown. A firm believer in "you reap what you sow", I think KS is in for some major issues ahead.

Kansans VOTED BROWNBACK AND HIS BUDDIES IN AND IF bROWNBACK AND His BUDDIES ACTUALLY WANT TO GET RID OF THE ILLEGALS they could.(DARN caps)
They are stopping Syrians why not illegals.
I have dealt with ks health care since 1998.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:25 AM

78,330 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Kansans for themost part are getting what they deserve.
Thanks, we've had good job growth since the thread got started. Appreciate the kind sentiments.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:37 PM

This is sort of interesting about the closing of the Amazon facility in Coffeyville and the aftermath: AP: Coffeyville weathers Amazon job losses better than expected - The Chanute Tribune: News and this is a pretty good source for what businesses are doing in KS: Kansas Department of Commerce - Official Website and I often look there if I hear a rumor about a business coming to KS to see if they have mention of it.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:37 AM

Let's revisit this threads premise again shall we? Too often any news that is even kinda bad or temporarily bad for KS....or even just outright lies get made into threads here.

http://www.jec.senate.gov/public/_ca...mbined-sbs.pdf

KS is around 12th in unemployment rate. (lower being better)
KS had 3.5% change in private sector jobs since Obama came to office or around 37th.
MO has 1.8% which is approximately 46th.
The source is a democratic report.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:53 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
I don't know about jobs, but Kansas collected $8 million more than expected in tax revenue in November.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't know about jobs, but Kansas collected $8 million more than expected in tax revenue in November.
I am not surprised about the taxes.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yeah, I can I forget the *catastrophic* tax shortfall that is actually about 0.5%

Meanwhile, KCMO has got to be getting ready again to get govt. forgiveness of pesky standards so they can keep their accreditation.

Probably the main reason to keep attack Kansas, gotta distract the locals from their own craphole.

I'm puzzled though because what are the chances based on school quality that Missouri residents can even read this thread?

Old 12-07-2015, 08:08 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, I can I forget the *catastrophic* tax shortfall that is actually about 0.5%

Meanwhile, KCMO has got to be getting ready again to get govt. forgiveness of pesky standards so they can keep their accreditation.

Probably the main reason to keep attack Kansas, gotta distract the locals from their own craphole.

I'm puzzled though because what are the chances based on school quality that Missouri residents can even read this thread?
Yes, you expect higher quality results in Johnson County given the historic social engineering and massive amounts of investment that continually funnels its direction, whether warranted or not. As mentioned previously, the median household income numbers for the state would be far worse without Johnson County. I'm wondering what the longer range vision is to compete against other states for jobs without very many high performing cities outside of JOCO, however. Time will tell.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:19 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Yes, you expect higher quality results in Johnson County given the historic social engineering and massive amounts of investment that continually funnels its direction, whether warranted or not. As mentioned previously, the median household income numbers for the state would be far worse without Johnson County. I'm wondering what the longer range vision is to compete against other states for jobs without very many high performing cities outside of JOCO, however. Time will tell.
Historic social engineering? How long did it take to come up with that phrase? All 50 states give incentives to attract businesses. Kansas does the same thing every single state does, but they get attacked because they successfully drew businesses to the state. It has also been pointed out previously, with links (ie. facts) that the majority of businesses drawn to JOCO are not from Missouri. Even if Missouri was the target, businesses came to JOCO from all of the US.

But, back to the tax revenues. The numbers are misleading because the state lowered the annual estimates by $160 million. So when they say it's $7.7 million over estimates, one has to consider they lowered the budget estimates. But tax revenues have increased month to month, and that's probably the most important factor.
Kansas tax collections $8M more than expected in November - San Francisco Chronicle

Kansas per capita income
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas..._capita_income

Lets compare to Missouri
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missou..._capita_income

and to Nebraska
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebras..._capita_income

Oklahoma
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklaho..._capita_income

Colorado
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._capita_income

Rankings by per capita income

1. Oklahoma (surprised me)
2. Colorado
3. Kansas
4. Missouri
5. Nebraska

I don't have time at the moment, but I'd like to see a cost of living comparison as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas