Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 21 hours ago)

52,702 posts, read 47,981,010 times

Advertisements

Good Friday evening, everybody. The weekend is here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 10:49 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times
Good evening......PITTS is very happy tonight and wishes to thank our moderating team members for their hard work and perseverance in helping me with a recent problem. Now let's rock this place!

Old 10-01-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Wow, there is a lot of baggage and hurt feelings here. I do not understand about why anyone would care about an original thread and who authored what subsequent threads but I respect that some people do. If you have complaints please contact me. Even though this is a chat thread I would appreciate comments about Moderation to be within TOS, which means not to be discussed in the forms. And, for the record, I can make anybody the first post of any thread. It does take a bit of tedious moderation work but it can be done and I don't mind doing it. I can even fix it from previous Mods. Just DM me with the previous threads and the current threads and I will get them straightened out.

Hope you all are having a good Sunday.
THANKYOU so MUCH!!!!!! PITTS......THREE Thumbs UP!!!

Old 10-02-2010, 05:23 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Good evening......PITTS is very happy tonight and wishes to thank our moderating team members for their hard work and perseverance in helping me with a recent problem. Now let's rock this place!
Quote:
THANKYOU so MUCH!!!!!! PITTS......THREE Thumbs UP!!!
You're very welcome. I was glad to fix this longstanding problem for you. I also appreciate all of your nice and kind DM's. It's nice to know that there are members like you that appreciate us Moderators and aren't troublemakers and backstabbers! Thanks also for the reps and your nice, long rep message!

Old 10-02-2010, 08:08 AM

1,022 posts, read 11,562,971 times
It's good to see people appreciating and respecting each other, wishing good will irrespective of position, being sincere and leaving snarky, smart-a$$ rudeness behind. I appreciate this type of Forum and conduct from both Moderator and participant; Conduct you would extend to the other in real life.

TOS cannot be read until you register so for the newcomer it can be quite the shock. I broke rules with my first post, translating a song and not understanding the way a Forum worked, asked to speak to a legal team member... I was treated respectfully and guided to understanding.

This is all a new member ask, to be answered clearly since it is a lot to take in, in your first month; to understand what the rules are as well as the unwritten ones, taken for granted by long standing members, as well.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 21 hours ago)

52,702 posts, read 47,981,010 times
Good Saturday morning, everybody!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:56 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,633,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShadow View Post
Thank you BigSwede, Djuna, 6 Foot 3, and PITTSTON2SARASOTA

for voicing views explaining Glam and Hair meaning or to say Hair could be a bad term. The Chat is a good place to explain views since many read and can benefit. So many terms I didn't know... "glitter rock and glam rock".
Glad that you're enjoying some of the Glam bands KnightShadow .

Alot of the 90's grunger's hate the 80's Glam scene and that's o.k. by me as we all have our musical era's and tastes however for myself it will always be my fave for the metal category with the 70's classic metal scene (Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, Nazareth etc.) right behind it

Rock on !!!

6/3

Old 10-04-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Foot 3 View Post
Glad that you're enjoying some of the Glam bands KnightShadow .

Alot of the 90's grunger's hate the 80's Glam scene and that's o.k. by me as we all have our musical era's and tastes however for myself it will always be my fave for the metal category with the 70's classic metal scene (Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, Nazareth etc.) right behind it

Rock on !!!

6/3
How could I forget ALICE COOPER.....one of the most original and innivative rockers......plus he really is talented although not the best singing voive in the world.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:28 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,633,610 times
Quote:
How could I forget ALICE COOPER.....one of the most original and innivative rockers......plus he really is talented although not the best singing voive in the world.
Haha .. i still first remember seeing him on the 70's television weekly horror series ''Night Stalker'' (if memory serves me correcxt) singing ''Sick Thing''

Old 10-04-2010, 09:47 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,626,353 times
What sort of world do we live in when Bon Jovi is nominated for the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame before Rush is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music