Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 02:11 PM

52,684 posts, read 47,932,189 times

Advertisements

Hope you folks are having a good Tuesday!

Last edited by case44; 09-28-2010 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 12:03 AM

3,511 posts, read 5,304,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoy View Post
OMG that was literally orgasmic! I'm definitely going to get hold of more of his music. I've always been a Fender fan, but the sound he got out of the left hand neck, then throwing his guitar over his head and ripping - found this great article about him if peeps want to check him out more. What an amazing guitarist. Now I'm going to watch that yummy, great guitarist play again

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kenny's style is more Hendrix and SRV oriented. Joe's style is more Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck oriented. He rates right up there as one of the "new" best as well. Check him out too Joy! Joe Bonamassa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-29-2010, 07:38 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
The easiest way to find a song and lyrics is to type a portion of the lyric even if it is just one word with the word 'lyrics' behind it and the band in your browser and hit enter and all the sites who have that song will come up.

Example: Mr Jinx and Miss Lucy Jumped In a Lake song lyrics or Miss Lucy Bob Dylan lyrics

What comes up is the title of the song Things have changed by Bob Dylan and all the sites that have those lyrics.

365sing site also allows you to listen to the song.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:17 PM

52,684 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Hi, music lovers! It's Hump Day once again, and we've got the weekend right around the corner. So, let's share some more great music right here.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:19 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Ok case, let's have one of those top ten song lists from ya on that top ten thread. I'll follow up later tonight! Been spinning 45's at the house this evening.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
The easiest way to find a song and lyrics is to type a portion of the lyric even if it is just one word with the word 'lyrics' behind it and the band in your browser and hit enter and all the sites who have that song will come up.

Example: Mr Jinx and Miss Lucy Jumped In a Lake song lyrics or Miss Lucy Bob Dylan lyrics

What comes up is the title of the song Things have changed by Bob Dylan and all the sites that have those lyrics.

365sing site also allows you to listen to the song.
I'll try that thanks.....might come in handy playing Musical Poker and/or the Numbers Thread..

Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
I wonder if he can blow the harp like Huey? Huey was a awesome harmonica player and I read the reason he became so good. It was when he was waiting on buses while in college and shortly after, trying to earn some cash on the street corner for extras! I'd drop a buck or two into your hat Huey. Very-very underrated and "Workin For A livin" shows it off!
I'm ever so tempted to make a witty remark here.....LOL....Read this link on Josh and you'll understand why?????>>>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Zuckerman_(musician)

Josh Zuckerman writes/composes songs, is the band's lead singer and plays lead guitar...I'm not sure if he plays any other instruments. .

Old 09-29-2010, 10:21 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,304,525 times
I have to mess up my post on purpose this time. Post it and go back to change something so only the link will show. This time it isn't a accident! lol
YouTube - Huey Lewis and the News - Workin' for a livin'

Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
I haven't seen Saucy post on here in a few days as i hope she's o.k.

Anyway a shout out to everyone else on the music forums

Old 09-30-2010, 02:50 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,318,110 times
Since the subject was brought up in Metal Kingdom I would like to ask for your opinion.
What is hair metal to you and is there a difference between hair and glam?

To me hair metal is a derogatory term for poppy power ballad bands like White Lion and Slaughter.
I also think that they and not grunge killed metal.
Glam metal (not glam rock) is make up bands like Poison and Pretty Boy Floyd.
Sleaze rock is bands like Guns'n'Roses and LA Guns.
I don't think that Mötley Crüe,Ratt,Quiet Riot and Twisted Sister necessarily belongs in any category.
I guess that they belong in the glam category,but I don't think that heavy metal always needs to be about swords and dungeons and dragons.
Other bands like Whitesnake and Def Leppard doesn't fit at all,although I don't know what they have been up to post 1987.

I may be all wrong about this,but I'm sticking to it.
Do you agree or disagree?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music