Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 12:55 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,922,380 times

Advertisements

^Nice page everyone!

Pitts. Post #115. You ought to be a diplomat or an ambassador. That couldn't have been more nicely put. Post #118...

Although this forum has been ever-evolving. The music forum is still great! And there are many good folks here!!!

Saucy

“Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul.”~Plato
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 01:32 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
I've noticed for the last several years that TV ADs use some oldie type music to lure us in.

They seem to target the Baby Boomers or maybe I just notice them because I am one.

The one that hit me the hardest was probably about 7 or 8 years ago.
Car commercial using "At Last My Love Has Come Along." For some reason (probably deeply personal) that song makes me cry and it always has.

But, yesterday I heard one and I can't even remember what the AD was for but the song is one from the 70s. It was never one of my favs but when I heard it yesterday I started smiling and I'm still smiling. So, it must have been from a particularly good year for me.

Here 'tis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml1696pN-yE

Old 10-21-2010, 02:23 PM

From that same show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqg3kcwAgso

Look what they done to my song, Ma
Look what they done to my song, Ma
You know they tied it up in a plastic bag
And, turned it upside down, oh mama
Look what they done to my song

Why they can't even clap along...

Last edited by saucywench; 10-21-2010 at 02:53 PM..

Old 10-21-2010, 05:35 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Complicated.......Good in some ways such as the relaxing of the posting rules and thread title restrictions that were too narrow....though a few rules do serve everyone more fairly and effectively.

And bad in that many former music contributors were insulted and no longer feel welcomed here.....that's a loss to the Music Forum and other posters being turned on to different songs and types of music.
that's no good. Hopefully they return.

Suggestion: Could the chat thread be a sticky?

Old 10-22-2010, 04:45 PM

^That would be a novel idea! Just teasin' Ozgal.

Ozgal, everyone! Have fun tonight!!!

I've heard the original video has been known to induce seizures. I refrained from posting that one. You're welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rox15lCFfi4

Might play this one on the Nickelodeon tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v54c5UEhWmw

Or this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYr7I...eature=related

I hear you knockin'
But you can't come in
Come back tomorrow night
And try it again

Old 10-23-2010, 12:08 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
^Nice page everyone!

Pitts. Post #115. You ought to be a diplomat or an ambassador. That couldn't have been more nicely put. Post #118...

Although this forum has been ever-evolving. The music forum is still great! And there are many good folks here!!!

Saucy

“Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul.â€~Plato
Well thanx saucy...though #118 could have been worded better and yes I try to be logical and diplomatic but that dang POC forum can just "push one's buttons"...LOL.

I love this forum and HOPE/PRAY we can lure our other regular posters back into the fold! If they read this......WE MISS YOU......Don't let mean spirited posters run you off...we all suffer the loss. .

Old 10-23-2010, 12:13 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,790,034 times
Quote:
Well thanx saucy...though #118 could have been worded better and yes I try to be logical and diplomatic but that dang POC forum can just "push one's buttons"...LOL.

I love this forum and HOPE/PRAY we can lure our other regular posters back into the fold! If they read this......WE MISS YOU......Don't let mean spirited posters run you off...we all suffer the loss. .
Hey Pittston2Sarasota,

This thread, and indeed, this forum, has served a useful purpose for me this evening, as I am currently attempting to purge and replace my Mp3 list, so I have a bunch of fresh songs to jog with this upcoming week. The music forum is a beautiful thing, and I love it more than any other.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:13 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
that's no good. Hopefully they return.

Suggestion: Could the chat thread be a sticky?
It was stickied for a day.....LOL......I agree it should be stickied as I see stickied threads in the Food Forum and I do think we need one here too but I am a bit biased. We voted to have this one stickied and possibly we can eventually get it stuck(LOL) again.....with the moderators permission......Let's start a sticky petition.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:43 AM

3,511 posts, read 5,304,525 times
Quote:

POC forum? I only have trouble in automotive! LMAO I don't even know what POC is? HAHAHA. I always go a round or two with some tool or fool (which ever)LOL who thinks American cars suck and will BS the group of us who are mechanics that he is putting a Lexus engine in a '63 Comet and such, JUST TO GET A RISE out of us. Shut up man.... I hope you are a engineer! LMAO........

Old 10-23-2010, 03:45 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,321,355 times
Quote:
It was stickied for a day.....LOL......I agree it should be stickied as I see stickied threads in the Food Forum and I do think we need one here too but I am a bit biased. We voted to have this one stickied and possibly we can eventually get it stuck(LOL) again.....with the moderators permission......Let's start a sticky petition.
I don't understand why they had to change anything.
The music forum was fine the way it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Music