Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 43,337 times

Advertisements

My sister had her tubes tied for 5 years and one day her appendix ruptured and she was rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery a month later she was pregnant with my niece who is now 5 years old. The doctors couldn't explain it they don't know what happened. Me and my family believes during the surgery they accidentally clipped the tubes or it was a Miracle gift from God!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 01:54 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
I have heard that if the tubes are not singed or burned at the ends they can grow back . yes maybe they did knick something during that surgery . Boy I bet that was a shock to her and her husband but they have a beautiful daughter either way it is a miracle and she should be treated as such .

Old 01-24-2013, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 43,249 times
Yes... I had my tubes cut, tided, burned and hydro abaltion 14 years ago. I am currently 6 weeks pregnant.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:48 AM

18,735 posts, read 33,406,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klpoletti View Post
Yes... I had my tubes cut, tided, burned and hydro abaltion 14 years ago. I am currently 6 weeks pregnant.
If this non-parent-by-choice might ask- how do you feel about this? What do you think happened?

Old 01-26-2013, 12:21 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,878,380 times
I worked as an ob/gyn nurse, and took care of my share of women who had tubal ligations and got pregnant. It happens.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 43,219 times
I had my son 5/11/12, and had my tubal ligation then during the cesarean. Now, today, I find out I'm pregnant with child no. 8!! So it can happen...I have 4 boys and 3 girls (3 sets of twins). I guess nothing stops God's plan....

Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 43,210 times
My sister had twins about 6 years after she was "cut and tied". They are now 22 years old. I would like to think the success rate of such procedures is higher these days, given the advancement of surgical and reproductive medicine.

I had a procedure called a "tubal coagulation" (didn't say uni or bipolar) about a month after my son was born, and then delivered another healthy baby as a gestational surrogate (IVF) two years later. The surrogate pregnancy was perfectly normal and healthy, and I was given the clear to do it again if I chose to.

Things in my life changed, and I got divorced. Now I am in a new relationship. I am 35 years old, and I don't want to have any more children. As I write this, I am about 2 weeks late for a period. My periods have been irregular and painful in the last couple of years, and hormones (birth control) had too many side effects to justify taking. I hope I am not pregnant.

Would the fertility drugs I was using during the surrogate pregnancy, or the physical changes during that pregnancy increase the risk of my tubal coagulation reversing itself, or the formation of a fistula? Does anyone know about this?

Old 02-03-2013, 02:31 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klpoletti View Post

Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 PM

1 posts, read 43,112 times
I had a tubal ligation in April 2000. My son is 12, I am having all the symptoms of being pregnant. My stomach and breast is growing really fast. My HPT came back negative. I had all the early signs but ignored them due to my TL. My doctor told me there was a possibility they could come lose after ten years.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 42,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PREGO45 View Post
I had a tubal ligation in April 2000. My son is 12, I am having all the symptoms of being pregnant. My stomach and breast is growing really fast. My HPT came back negative. I had all the early signs but ignored them due to my TL. My doctor told me there was a possibility they could come lose after ten years.

I went through the same exact situation almost three weeks ago. I was 12 days late for my period and had ALL the symptoms of being pregnant (quizzy, sore breast, sleepy all day long). On day 13 I went to the ER because of severe pelvic pain on the right side. Turns out I have two fibroids on the right side of my uterus and a cyst on the left. All blood test and urine test were negative for pregnancy. I too had a TL in 2000 (December) and have since divoreced and meet the man I consider my true life partner. He doesn't have any children so imagine how excited he was when he thought I was pregnant. We were both excited. I felt like God had blessed us with a miracle. I truly felt like my body had fooled me into believing it was pregnant. For 13 days I felt like God had answered my prayers. I'm slowly but surely forgiving my body but I feel like I'm mourning the death of an unanswered prayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy