Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 06:00 PM

609 posts, read 303,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Someone just messaged me about Seattle ethnic restaurant so I bumped this thread.
Thanks! Checking it out. I haven't tried anything new in a while so I need some ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 06:09 PM

513 posts, read 499,454 times
Here's another suggestion - Itto's Moroccan tapas. there's one in West Seattle and one on Capitol Hill.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:17 PM

513 posts, read 499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But the title of this thread is "great restaurants", not "great ethnic holes-in-the-wall". Can't we, for a change, talk about finer dining in Seattle? This is what most people mean, when they say Seattle doesn't have good restaurants. For ex: Homes, do you remember when there was a Trader Vic's in Seattle? Or the Polynesia? Remember those? OK, you could call them "ethnic". But they had regular fare, too. There used to be a high-end place in the Market, too. And a couple on lake Union, overlooking the lake. I'm not talking about hotel restaurants, either. C'mon, there's gotta be some good formal dining places out there....?
Do you mean formal restaurants? Seattle isn't a formal town. I care more about the food than the service. As long as it gets to my table, I don't care about how fancy it is.

For people who dig the formality, Metropolitan Grill, Canlis, Herbfarm. But the real culinary action is in upscale but more casual places: Sitka and Spruce, Corson Building, Petit Cochon, Art of the Table, all the Renee Erickson restaurants. Nobody is worried about table linens and waiters in tuxedos these days.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:51 PM

2,639 posts, read 1,994,681 times
The title of this thread is ambiguous. The word "formal" should have been in the title.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:55 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,301,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Randal Walker View Post
The title of this thread is ambiguous. The word "formal" should have been in the title.
Nope, it's my thread and I meant good restaurants of all kinds . Little ethnic hole in the walls can be amazing, as can very fancy restaurants.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:06 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebarnes View Post
Do you mean formal restaurants? Seattle isn't a formal town. I care more about the food than the service. As long as it gets to my table, I don't care about how fancy it is.

For people who dig the formality, Metropolitan Grill, Canlis, Herbfarm. But the real culinary action is in upscale but more casual places: Sitka and Spruce, Corson Building, Petit Cochon, Art of the Table, all the Renee Erickson restaurants. Nobody is worried about table linens and waiters in tuxedos these days.
Thank you. That'll be fine. The earlier term I used was "fine dining" or "finer" dining, which doesn't necessarily mean "formal", but it can include that. Fine dining can be casual, as long as it's not too casual. I remember going to the symphony once, and being surrounded by people in shorts.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:14 PM

Mamnoon, Melrose Ave. Lower Pike/Pine area. Really, really good Lebanese and Syrian. Here is a review: Sensational Middle Eastern Food at Mamnoon | Seattle Magazine

Old 05-10-2018, 04:04 PM

A short distance north of Seattle in Shoreline, there is a Korean food heaven called San Maru. I'm here now. Trust me, it's delicious. Here is the link: SANMARU GRILL

Old 05-15-2018, 10:44 AM

15 posts, read 16,720 times
First of all, this thread is fantastic and I've written some things down....HUGE thanks, homesinseattle! (and everyone else)

I'm coming up to Seattle for the first time this Thursday for a few days on vacation, and I'm staying in Kirkland. I'm open to basically any type of food and was wondering if you have any suggestions for the Kirkland area.

I see Sanmaru Grill mentioned above and was wondering about Korean spots in general, as well. Suggestions are much appreciated!

Old 05-15-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleweeb View Post
First of all, this thread is fantastic and I've written some things down....HUGE thanks, homesinseattle! (and everyone else)

I'm coming up to Seattle for the first time this Thursday for a few days on vacation, and I'm staying in Kirkland. I'm open to basically any type of food and was wondering if you have any suggestions for the Kirkland area.

I see Sanmaru Grill mentioned above and was wondering about Korean spots in general, as well. Suggestions are much appreciated!
Bungle, North Seattle/Shoreline/Lynnwood is definitely the epicenter. Other tasty Korean places in that area are Ka Won, Have Nam, Old Village Korean Restaurant, The Grill King.

Stone Korean Restaurant in Redmond is pretty good, then there are a number of upscale "fusion-isa" Korean places in Downtown Seattle and Bellevue. I'm a purist, I've been to Korea, trust me about Shoreline/North Seattle/Lynnwood. It's authentic, legit and it's where the Korean people eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area