Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 09:35 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
Went there again on Saturday for happy hour with Ms BATCAT. A excellent, small margherita pizza for each of us plus a half-carafe of decent red wine, all for $25. Good times.
Do they still do the nutella calzone at happy hour? We went there once a few years ago and got that on a late night menu, it was fricken ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
The best NY style pizza I've found is Giannoni's in West Seattle. Very thin, slightly greasy, the kind of pizza you can fold to eat with your hands, delicious. The crust can be crispy and slightly burned in spots, but that's because it's so thin -- and to me, it adds to the flavor. Try it!
Ok this thread has made me incredibly hungry. Any NY style pizza on the east side? Seems the consensus is "no"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 09:38 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,972,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Do they still do the nutella calzone at happy hour? We went there once a few years ago and got that on a late night menu, it was fricken ridiculous.
Looks like that's a "yes".

Via Tribunali | Happy Hour

Old 12-23-2015, 08:43 PM

8,169 posts, read 8,289,381 times
BATCAT, I can't shake the image of you and Ms Batcat speeding out of the bat cave in a sweet ride with gull wing doors.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:28 AM

14 posts, read 9,662 times
I was there a month ago for the first time and thought they had a decent offering.
Went to El Gaucho and had a good meal, and stopped at a few other places that I can't remember the name of.
They have Morton's and probably something for everyone. I waited too long and hope to go back soon, maybe in the summer.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:57 AM

Marwa Restaurant. Somali food, a mile or so north of Seatac airport. Friendly people, tasty food, delicious cardomom tea. Go there, trust me: Marwa Restaurant - African - Tukwila, WA - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

Old 12-24-2015, 11:42 AM

737 posts, read 1,461,714 times
I second(or third) Smoking Monkey in Renton. Not too thin. Reminded me of House Of Pizza style pizza where I grew up in South Eastern Massachsetts.

Old 12-25-2015, 08:25 PM

259 posts, read 522,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
The best NY style pizza I've found is Giannoni's in West Seattle. Very thin, slightly greasy, the kind of pizza you can fold to eat with your hands, delicious. The crust can be crispy and slightly burned in spots, but that's because it's so thin -- and to me, it adds to the flavor. Try it!
Just went to Yelp to see how their pizza looks. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you west seattle gal!!! I will go there next weekend to check it out!

Old 12-26-2015, 03:27 PM

Grill Xpress in Northgate (little hole in the wall on corner of Meridian) isn't going to win any awards for their name. That being said, the family business serves excellent Lebanese food: http://m.yelp.com/biz/grill-xpress-seattle.

Old 12-27-2015, 05:40 PM

I've mentioned delicious Bengal Tiger at 65th and Roosevelt a number of times on this forum. The owner is from Bangladesh and Kolkata, there are a number of very interesting Bengali dishes on the menu, quite different from "Punjabi", which is probably what most people associate with Indian food. When I backpacked in Bangladesh and NE India a couple years ago, I went to Bengal Tiger a number of times before, the owner Mohamed cooked me some very authentic dishes.

So, it is your lucky day. Once a month on the last Sunday of the month, Bengal Tiger does a special evening buffet, very authentic, tasty dishes. TONIGHT is the night, don't miss it: Bengal Tiger Cuisine Of India

Old 12-28-2015, 12:43 PM

184 posts, read 335,773 times
This is a great thread!

I've had difficulty finding a good moderately priced (think $$ on Yelp) seafood place in the area. Someone above mentioned Brooklyn, which I will try. Any other recommendations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area