Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 12:42 PM

8,410 posts, read 39,327,517 times

Advertisements

It has to be someone who had access to that info. How could you get that info? Its not like its public. I have to wonder if it was someone who worked for the family or friend of the older teen in the house.
I don't think it was the parents at all. They are not stupid enough to put the exact amt down. As far as the pineapple..she could of got that out of the fridge herself right? I know when I was younger I always got simple snacks myself at that age.

They refused polygraphs and got lawyers because they are smart and informed. A polygraph can be deceptive if the person is upset. I think they would be upset in this. Also the first thing you do is get a lawyer so cops don't try to walk you into a false convictions. There are false convictions (which is pd scary) that get overturned when cold hard evidence is shown otherwise later on in other cases. I know the state of PA has put innocent people to death.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:48 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,645,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
It has to be someone who had access to that info. How could you get that info?

3 days prior to her murder, they had a holiday party at the house. Whoever murdered JonBenet could have been there, they knew the layout of the home and personal information. The police did a botch job and the media had a field day with this family.

They refused polygraphs and got lawyers because they are smart and informed. A polygraph can be deceptive if the person is upset..
Exactly, what informed intelligent person wouldn't contact an attorney immediately when you find your child dead in the basement.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:56 PM

184 posts, read 439,556 times
If the police had immediately started looking for the killer, that person probably would have been found. In fact, there was a neighbor who committed suicide not long after JonBenet was murdered. Such a tragedy that they went after her parents. I'm certain Patsy is in heaven with her now.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 PM

184 posts, read 439,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
The fact that the person knew the EXACT amt of the bonus the father got and asked for it REALLY stuck with me and seems SO fishy.
They think the killer was in the house for awhile and heard the Ramsey's talking! The biggest mistake the Ramsey's made was not repairing a broken basement window and not locking all the doors when they left that day. Very naive of them because their house was located in a downtown/type area, not a suburb, where you would be more safe. They were rich and had paid help(not live-in) and never paid attention to these things, like the rest of us would. I got this info from their book or another one, one their help wrote, can't remember.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:40 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,640,378 times
A lot of that stuff was staged to make it look like an intruder. Even the discussion in the article is slanted in that direction instead of looking at the scene as a skeptic.

The family handled the body so none of that evidence is being admitted as evidence because they can't prove if it was added before or after the discovery.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:17 PM

The parents had nothing to hide or stage, they didn't sexually assault the child and strangle her to death, there was no evidence to prove the parent involvement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
A lot of that stuff was staged to make it look like an intruder. Even the discussion in the article is slanted in that direction instead of looking at the scene as a skeptic.

The family handled the body so none of that evidence is being admitted as evidence because they can't prove if it was added before or after the discovery.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:27 PM

8,994 posts, read 14,821,882 times
Her case has always intrigued me and I still hate we don't know who did it.

At the same time, there are lots of unsolved murders in this country.
I am sure hers got lots of attention because of her involvement in beauty pageants, her parents economic status, etc.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:13 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,640,378 times
There was plenty of physical evidence, but much of it has been compromised by the location of the body and by the handling of the body and the fake ransom note. There's also the possibility that evidence had been taken out of the house since the police failed to seal the house before it was processed by the crime technicians. Family members were allowed to come and go, including the parents.

Last edited by lchoro; 06-17-2010 at 09:55 AM..

Old 06-22-2010, 08:32 AM

11,519 posts, read 14,715,306 times
The parents never acted like grieving parents. There was something very odd/strange about both of them. And, there were things that didn't add up about their statements. Yet, some of the way the child was found doesn't add up to the parent's being involved. A true mystery.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:56 AM

You're right they didn't, even so, the evidence says they told the truth. Look at Susan Smith, was around 94, based on her original accounting and grief...academy award winning performance until her admittion.

I recently saw a story about a teen so calm and collected recounting her story to the police, they didn't believe her, but the reason she's still alive to tell her story and able to recount details that lead to his capture.

Not everyones actions fit police profiles as to validity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady;14722086[B
]The parents never acted like grieving[/b] parents. There was something very odd/strange about both of them. And, there were things that didn't add up about their statements. Yet, some of the way the child was found doesn't add up to the parent's being involved. A true mystery.

Last edited by virgode; 06-23-2010 at 07:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime