Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2010, 03:38 PM

23,000 posts, read 6,475,725 times

Advertisements

This creepy case continues to haunt those of us that live in Colorado. What a botched investigation.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:05 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,645,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
From the link you posted to the autopsy report, I was unnerved to read that the way she was killed led investigators to believe that "someone really hated this little girl." It's really disturbing to think that anyone could even conceive of that kind of emotion toward a small child.
The fact that investigators would say "someone really hated this little girl " describing the crime against the child, rather than say this was a" highly disturbed individual who committed this crime"
Really irritates me, very poor reporting. It makes it sound as though the child had done something to be hated.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:35 AM

88,937 posts, read 85,461,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
I think the mother is the only one they couldn't exclude, from many other handwritings, but I always thought that the long, long note written right at the house (time enough for the killer to drink some tea and eat some crumpets, along with writing a letter) spoke volumes more than the actual "handwriting analysis."
Good point.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:40 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,546,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Good point.
That was strange--that Patsy Ramsey couldn't be 'excluded' from suspicion based on her handwriting. There is no way that I will ever believe she or other family members could have killed her child and particularly in such a violent and twisted way.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:32 PM

11,519 posts, read 14,715,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
That was strange--that Patsy Ramsey couldn't be 'excluded' from suspicion based on her handwriting. There is no way that I will ever believe she or other family members could have killed her child and particularly in such a violent and twisted way.

But, upper class and rich folks can be as twisted and demented as those of lesser socio-economic means. Dark souls and economics aren't necessarily correllated--they're equal opportunity crazies. Upper crusts just hide their crimes better and get better lawyers.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
But, upper class and rich folks can be as twisted and demented as those of lesser socio-economic means. Dark souls and economics aren't necessarily correllated--they're equal opportunity crazies. Upper crusts just hide their crimes better and get better lawyers.
I know. Patsy Ramsey survived ovarian cancer--which doesn't exempt her from being 'mean or crazy' nor does her wealth exempt her from such problems but I just never heard anything that convinced me she was 'out of her mind'.

They were from Atlanta and moved back to Atlanta --John Ramsey may still be living here. For a while I attended the church where they were members --believe me somebody would have known if she was 'off'. lol--I'm certainly not an 'upper crust' sort--but I met a number of very nice people at that church.

And yet still, people do the strangest things. In Patsy Ramsey's place I would have been so deeply grieved that I'm certain my demeanor might have been suspect.

That's all I've got.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,842,838 times
My gut tells me that had Patsy done this or known who did that she would have revealed it on her death bed. Not like she died quickly with no time to confess.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
My gut tells me that had Patsy done this or known who did that she would have revealed it on her death bed. Not like she died quickly with no time to confess.
I've thankfully forgotten most of the reasons that Patsy Ramsey was ever considered as someone capable of this crime but they never made much sense. The investigation was handled poorly and desperation to conclude the case was intense.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:16 AM

24,165 posts, read 32,695,964 times
My gut tells me that Patsy was involved too PippySkiddies.
The NOTE is circumstantial but disturbing and it took time to write. It was written on Patsy's pad and pen in her house. Why would a killer not arrive prepared with a note so he or she did not have to rummage around a strange house looking for writing implements?

I will write what I wrote earlier - I think Patsy craved attention. she was used to being the center of attention, the Queen if you will. her illness brought her a degree of attention as did Jonbenet's child pagents. She loved having a house full of people, she was no longer pageant material herself so she had to do things to stay in the spotlight. She was not wildly popular in the Colorado social scene - from her own words in her book they did not fit in for a number of reasons and she felt isolated.
This would have been a sort of hell for attention seeker patsy. People did not share her views on a number of issues. She wrote that bolder was too PC for her conservative Southern tastes.
She was miserable there. She could get a great deal of attention as the mother of a murdered child. And who would ever think that such an aristocratic and refined woman (inHER OWN MIND) would do such a thing?
A type of Munchhausen's Syndrome by proxy perhaps?

Old 07-08-2010, 07:24 AM

24,165 posts, read 32,695,964 times
Also does it strike anyone else as odd that the wife of a millionaire CEO would dabble in Kiddie pageants?
I have seen the contestants on "Toddlers in Tiaras" and the are more blue collar than blue blood.
Did Patsy like to hold her superior social status over others? Certainly she could nat have had much in common with people who live in trailers and shop at Walmart.
Different types of people one would think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime