Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 10:42 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
If you want to let loose, party, and those things, then don't come to a conservative Muslim country. I wouldn't go to small town Alabama to start an atheist organization, or open a nightclub!

The point of this thread as far as I know was to state how the country of Pakistan is thought of as a terrorist hub and war zone similar to Somalia, Iraq, and Afghanistan, while in reality, it is no different and in some ways (such as friendliness and hospitality) actually better than India. The terrorism issue is a non-issue in places such as Islamabad.

And for countries, ever heard of Istanbul, Turkey? how about Marrakesh or Rabat, Morocco? the Maldives?
You seem to want to turn this thread into a 'hate India' thread.

But here's what you need to understand -- you are not a good spokesperson for Pakistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 11:04 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,141,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
name a majority muslim country that has a vibrant tourist scene? I'll give you Dubai in the UAE, and perhaps Bali island in Indonesia.
Bali's majority population is Hindu.

Old 06-15-2021, 11:34 PM

295 posts, read 355,295 times
Pakistan’s only Middle Eastern City AKA Gwadar, Pakistan (close to Oman and Iran) is poised to become the next Dubai of the Greater Middle East.

When Gwadar becomes like Dubai, Pakistan will become a tourism powerhouse inshallah (God willing).

Long Live Pakistan. Do not underestimate Pakistan.

Old 06-15-2021, 11:37 PM

295 posts, read 355,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
Pakistan’s only Middle Eastern City AKA Gwadar, Pakistan (close to Oman and Iran) is poised to become the next Dubai of the Greater Middle East.

When Gwadar becomes like Dubai, Pakistan will become a tourism powerhouse inshallah (God willing).

Long Live Pakistan. Do not underestimate Pakistan.
Quote:
Listen, I cant speak for anyone else, but for me, I personally do not have any issues with either Pakistan or its people. Like I said before, every Pakistani I've met over the years has been nothing but friendly, more so than the Indians I've come across. That being said, I notice you didnt answer the question I posed earlier; name a majority muslim country that has a vibrant tourist scene? I'll give you Dubai in the UAE, and perhaps Bali island in Indonesia. Other than that, the vast majority of muslim countries would have a hard time accepting western tourists who let's face it, for the most part are not visiting because they want to be on their best behavior. They come to let loose, party, and so a lot of things that probably wouldnt gain the approval of any self respecting imam. Pakistan is a conservative muslim country. Nothing wrong with that, but expecting huge tourism numbers from the West, even if we discount all the terrorism stuff is going to be unrealistic.
Gwadar, Pakistan (Pak’s only middle eastern city) in some years will be like Dubai.

Old 06-16-2021, 12:42 AM

51 posts, read 33,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
Bali's majority population is Hindu.
Is the UAE hindu too? Morroco? Malaysia? The Maldives? Albania??

Old 06-16-2021, 12:56 AM

1,220 posts, read 1,594,451 times
Thanks for an entertaining before bed read, I started at page 1 and read all the way through. I have to ask, what is the Pakistani obsession with India here? Keeps getting brought up out of no where like the Americans here even care much about India either?

Old 06-16-2021, 01:45 AM

1,142 posts, read 1,141,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
Gwadar, Pakistan (Pak’s only middle eastern city) in some years will be like Dubai.
Then you can recreate this thread in "some years".

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
Is the UAE hindu too? Morroco? Malaysia? The Maldives? Albania??
But none of them is Pakistan.

Old 06-16-2021, 03:01 AM

30,617 posts, read 18,198,614 times
Quote:
Listen, I cant speak for anyone else, but for me, I personally do not have any issues with either Pakistan or its people. Like I said before, every Pakistani I've met over the years has been nothing but friendly, more so than the Indians I've come across. That being said, I notice you didnt answer the question I posed earlier; name a majority muslim country that has a vibrant tourist scene? I'll give you Dubai in the UAE, and perhaps Bali island in Indonesia. Other than that, the vast majority of muslim countries would have a hard time accepting western tourists who let's face it, for the most part are not visiting because they want to be on their best behavior. They come to let loose, party, and so a lot of things that probably wouldnt gain the approval of any self respecting imam. Pakistan is a conservative muslim country. Nothing wrong with that, but expecting huge tourism numbers from the West, even if we discount all the terrorism stuff is going to be unrealistic.
I've had the same experiences, actually.

Old 06-16-2021, 06:52 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Thanks for an entertaining before bed read, I started at page 1 and read all the way through. I have to ask, what is the Pakistani obsession with India here? Keeps getting brought up out of no where like the Americans here even care much about India either?
Pakistan vs. India is regional rivalry based on various complex historical and religious grievances. Really what fueled it is the partition of that region into two countries after WWII. As I understand it, neither side liked it and they blame each other, although it was a British initiative. It's like "the Hatfields and the McCoys".

Remember these two countries have been at war with each other several times in the last century and still have violent "incidents" in Kashmir from time to time. It is kind of serious as we are talking two nuclear armed countries.

It is quite natural for the new guy here to be extremely biased against India, as probably an Indian would be biased against Pakistan. It does make it entertaining to read. I wish he would create a new thread with his grievances, then we can have an Indian voice his opinion, and they both go at it with each other. Now THAT"S ENTERTAINMENT!

Old 06-16-2021, 08:45 AM

3,834 posts, read 4,438,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Pakistan vs. India is regional rivalry based on various complex historical and religious grievances. Really what fueled it is the partition of that region into two countries after WWII. As I understand it, neither side liked it and they blame each other, although it was a British initiative. It's like "the Hatfields and the McCoys".

Remember these two countries have been at war with each other several times in the last century and still have violent "incidents" in Kashmir from time to time. It is kind of serious as we are talking two nuclear armed countries.

It is quite natural for the new guy here to be extremely biased against India, as probably an Indian would be biased against Pakistan. It does make it entertaining to read. I wish he would create a new thread with his grievances, then we can have an Indian voice his opinion, and they both go at it with each other. Now THAT"S ENTERTAINMENT!
Meh, I see it all the time on cricket forums (both countries play the game). The back and forth is entertaining at first, but after the thousandth exchange it gets pretty boring. It almost always boils down to religious attacks and the odd terrorism barb thrown in for good measure. It's to the point that I avoid any topics that could potentially involve both countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia