Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 11:05 PM

304 posts, read 359,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
What's misleading about it? Explain.

Not sure how the fact that Pakistan is suffering is relevant to the fact that the country has issues, if anything it contributes to it.

Are you saying "largest Christianity Cross" somehow alleviates this country into a tourism paradise? What a strange statement out of nowhere. I don't even get that reference.

Everything. PAKISTAN is HEAVEN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I got your point.
I disagree with it.

No one is saying that things aren't better than they were, but the American State Department in its travel advisory hardly gives the nation a green light for safety.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The same advisory gives India and Saudi Arabia a level 4 warning. We both know that Pakistan is safer then both of those countries.

Last edited by LakersWon310; 07-01-2021 at 11:25 PM..

Old 07-01-2021, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
Get over it, nobody has any desire to visit Pakistan. It has nothing to do with race or hate or not being open minded. There is just not anything there that would appeal to the average tourist. Its boring and how many times a day do I have to listen to some dude on a loudspeaker blaring over the city? I would rather listen to my neighbor and his leaf blower.

I will travel a lot very soon as countries open again. First I will go to the Philippines. It is the snorkeling and scuba diving capitol of the world. Beautiful reefs and clear water around about 7000 islands. Then maybe Cambodia to see some of the 4000 temples some dating to the 12th century. In the spring its going to be Thailand for Songkran. The new year water festival. It has become the largest water fight in the world. Three days of water blasters and street parties.

Or maybe go to Pakistan and take a daytime cultural tour to broaden my knowledge of Islam and sit in my hotel at night contemplating my relationship with God. And how in the ef did I end up in such a ___________?
Over 3 million tourists that visited Pakistan last year would disagree with you.

Pakistan is unique. Pakistan is heaven. Nothing you say can change that.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yeah there you go again with labels and misdirection. This is the Asian forum, not the US forum. If you want to talk US there are other forums for you new guy. We are measuring against the rest of Asia, no?

The cross was a tongue in cheek reference but really the point is the same. Yes Pakistan is underrated, sure, it has a low bar to live up to. But why visit Pakistan when there are so many other beautiful regions in Asia to visit?

If you want to close a thread simply inform the mods. Likely they will close it themselves if it get's too off topic with "america this, America that..."

Name me even one country in Asia that has what Pakistan has to offer:

- highest paved international road – The Karakoram Highway (KKH)
- one of the world's earliest and largest civilizations flourished within Pak.
- 2nd largest mountain in the whole world (K-2)
- largest deep sea port in the world (Gwadar)
- 3rd most English speakers in the world
- almost every landscape [think California x2] (from Mountains to Deserts to Valleys to Beaches to Plains to Canyons to Rolling Hills)
- 4th largest irrigation system in the world.
- 2nd most beautiful capital city in the world.
- 5th most populous city in the whole world.
- over 60 languages spoken within the country.
- 5th most populous country in the whole world.

Old 07-01-2021, 11:24 PM

Gist of the thread so far......

Original Poster (OP):
Reasons why you should visit Pak:
-3rd most English speakers in the whole world
-almost every landscape (from mountains to deserts to beaches to canyons to valleys, think California x2)
-largest deep sea port in the world world
-2nd most beautiful capital city in the whole world
-over 60 languages spoken
-home to one of the world's oldest civilizations

Other Members (OM): But the media tells us that it is worse then Somalia.

OP: Pakistan is the 5th most populous country in the world. And is unique as stated why above.

OM: But the media tells us that it is worse than Afghanistan.

Old 07-02-2021, 09:36 AM

51 posts, read 34,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Oh really? Scroll down to the bottom of this where the attacks are listed by year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tan_since_2001
that shows that most of the attacks since 2014 were in one province

Old 07-02-2021, 10:49 AM

50,979 posts, read 24,476,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? The same advisory gives India and Saudi Arabia a level 4 warning. We both know that Pakistan is safer then both of those countries.
I didn't realize it was a competition.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:50 AM

50,979 posts, read 24,476,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
that shows that most of the attacks since 2014 were in one province
Must be hell is within heaven?

Old 07-04-2021, 08:32 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,933,197 times
Sounds like a true paradise:

Pakistan Human Rights:
Freedom of Expression:
"A climate of fear continues to impede media coverage of abuses by both government security forces and militant groups. Journalists who face threats and attacks have increasingly resorted to self-censorship. Media outlets have come under pressure from authorities not to criticize government institutions or the judiciary. In several cases in 2020, government regulatory agencies blocked cable operators and television channels that had aired critical programs."

Freedom of Religion:
"The Pakistani government did not amend or repeal blasphemy law provisions that have provided a pretext for violence against religious minorities and have left them vulnerable to arbitrary arrest and prosecution. The death penalty is mandatory for blasphemy, and 40 people remained on death row as of late 2020. "

Abuses Against Women:
"Violence against women and girls—including rape, murder, acid attacks, domestic violence, and forced marriage—remains a serious problem throughout Pakistan. Human rights defenders estimate that roughly 1,000 women are killed in so-called honor killings every year. Data from domestic violence helplines across Pakistan indicated that cases of domestic violence increased 200 percent from January-March 2020"

Children's Rights:
"Even before the Covid-19 pandemic, over 5 million primary school-age children in Pakistan were out of school, most of them girls. Human Rights Watch research found girls miss school for reasons including lack of schools, costs associated with studying, child marriage, harmful child labor, and gender discrimination. "

Attacks on political opposition:
"In late September, the government intensified its crackdown on opposition leaders following the formation of an opposition alliance."

Terrorism:
"The Tehrik-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Al-Qaeda, and their affiliates carried out suicide bombings and other indiscriminate attacks against security personnel that caused hundreds of civilian deaths and injuries during the year. At least 109 people were killed in 67 attacks between January and July, twice the number in 2019, according to the FATA Research Centre."

Police Abuse:
"Pakistani law enforcement agencies were responsible for human rights violations, including detention without charge and extrajudicial killings. Pakistan failed to enact a law criminalizing torture despite Pakistan’s obligation to do so under the Convention against Torture. Pakistan has more than 4,600 prisoners on death row, one of the world’s largest populations facing execution."

Sexual Orientation:
"Pakistan’s penal code continued to criminalize same-sex sexual conduct, placing men who have sex with men and transgender people at risk of police abuse, and other violence and discrimination. According to local human rights groups, at least 65 transgender women have been killed in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province since 2015."

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/202...ters/pakistan#

Old 07-04-2021, 11:21 AM

779 posts, read 597,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
Everything. PAKISTAN is HEAVEN.
Makes you wonder why so many Pakistanis want to join their son, daughter, mother, father, uncle, aunty, cousin and goat in the UK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia