Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 01:54 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs1366 View Post
thanks for that link... i have another one too
http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/

ani -- one think i do when using the microfibers to do cleaning ... 1 is damp, maybe with just water, and wipe dry with the 2nd one.

yeah -- they are more expensive ... but i love'em. I use them for washing and drying dishes too.
Lily and TCS - thank you for the links!!!!

TCS - love your suggestions - it helps to know what has worked for others. I think they will be good on electronics, too - mine stay covered w/ dust. ICK!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 06:31 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
When I found that site, I spent much of the day making the different concoctions to have on hand. Hopefully, will also be a money saver. Another link on natural herbal household tips:

www.geocities.com/groovyskye@prodigy.net/

Old 12-31-2007, 07:27 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,773,334 times
speaking of herbs .... I've used Tea Tree Oil for many things... it's a disinfectant.

I have it diluted in an old spray bottle, and when someone has been sick [though i should do it more often] i run around and spray faucets and door knobs with it. I have a girlfriend who uses it to wash her floors.

http://www.teatreeoiluses.com/

I've also used it to clear up a sinus infection... but that's another story... but true.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:58 PM

I use tea tree oil also. I found a disinfectant spray recipe for borax, witch hazel and tea tree oil. Also put in a little orange oil for better smell, and use it on everything!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:08 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
Hey lilypad, what is the recipe, and where ya getting the borax?

This one sounds good, but I might want to substitute the tea tree oil...I've always felt as if I were allergic to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I use tea tree oil also. I found a disinfectant spray recipe for borax, witch hazel and tea tree oil. Also put in a little orange oil for better smell, and use it on everything!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:55 AM

Oh boy, I have been to so many sites, but think I know the one. Will look it up and post it, otr. Is just 20 Muleteam Borax you can get anywhere. I use it in my laundry as well. May even have gotten it off their website. It has many uses and has a very fresh smell when mixed with water.

Some people will get a reddening or rash with undiluted tea tree oil, I do. So if I use it on my skin, will put it into a transfer oil, like almond or jojoba oil and use it that way.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:09 AM

Here is borax cleaning solution recipe:

2 Tbs Borax
1 tsp castile soap
15-20 gtts essential oil(s) (I used tea tree and orange oils, they are "cleansing" oils; others are lemongrass, lavender, thyme, sage, mint)

Fill one quart spray bottle with warm water, mix with above ingredients and shake.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:11 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
Thanks, lilypad. Appreciate the recipe. Now where in tarnation will I get this stuff in the boonies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Here is borax cleaning solution recipe:

2 Tbs Borax
1 tsp castile soap
15-20 gtts essential oil(s) (I used tea tree and orange oils, they are "cleansing" oils; others are lemongrass, lavender, thyme, sage, mint)

Fill one quart spray bottle with warm water, mix with above ingredients and shake.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Thanks, lilypad. Appreciate the recipe. Now where in tarnation will I get this stuff in the boonies.
OTR: Do you need a resource for the essential oils - to order them? Otherwise, you can usually find them at a GNC or some other health and nutrition type store. I will find you links if you need . . .

This recipe is great! Thank you so much Lily!!!!

Old 01-01-2008, 09:26 AM

Default Can you tell us more . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs1366 View Post
speaking of herbs .... I've used Tea Tree Oil for many things... it's a disinfectant.

I have it diluted in an old spray bottle, and when someone has been sick [though i should do it more often] i run around and spray faucets and door knobs with it. I have a girlfriend who uses it to wash her floors.

http://www.teatreeoiluses.com/

I've also used it to clear up a sinus infection... but that's another story... but true.
about how you use it to treat sinus problems???? Very interested in this! Thank you, TCS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House