Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2008, 05:35 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,773,334 times

Advertisements

uggg. GNC is hugely expensive.

i recall once i was looking for flax seeds... they wanted $12 a pound!! went to my local [Fruitful Yield.com] and got it for $1.99

lily -- i guess i dont gargle with the oregano... just put tiny drops .... and it's nasty, and you have to swallow - for one, your mouth starts watering, heavily ... then i have to drink a lot of water, just to get the taste out of my mouth... but i never get the full blown soreness. But, i can't recall the last time i've had to do that... i just havent been sick.... but the oregano is good on cuts, to prevent infections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 05:54 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Is good to know that might help with sore throat. Would like to try it in a gargle as well. Am looking for a good gargle recipe. I don't like paying $5 or more for a bottle of mouthwash, ridiculous! I did find a product in the First Aid aisle, called Alkolol with menthol, eucalyptus, camphor, oil of wintergreen, spearmint, pine and wintergreen, in a salt water base. Also used as a nasal wash, but can be used as mouthwash. So may try to duplicate that.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
in a salt water base. Also used as a nasal wash
yanno .... salt is a great cleanser.
I use natural sea salts.

great for nasal washes and i've used it for "salt water cleansing". [cleans the colon]

I do recall when i was in my teens, i'd use a salt water gargle for sore throat, same as peroxide ... though i dont do either anymore.

also, back to the neti pot.... when i feel a slight flu like symptoms, I'll use my neti pot with is "stuff" that has zinc in it.

it's called, Varcho Veda, Neti Wash Plus. i get it from internatural.com
that is also where i got a great 'powdered' tooth polish in it. cant recall the name, but i love the stuff.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:59 PM

I know about the neti pots. Can't stand anything up my nose, is all I can do to put a nasal spray up there. Thankfully don't have any problems with that area!

Just made up a tooth polish with 1/2 salt, 1/2 baking soda, cloves and sage.

Oh, nice website, tcs!!

Old 01-04-2008, 06:34 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
WD40 for stainless appliances keeps them shiny and new looking, without all the finger prints. ( I do it when I'm holding an open house and there are stainless appliances)

Old 01-05-2008, 09:47 AM

But what is IN WD40??!!

Old 01-05-2008, 11:59 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,257,254 times
WD-40 is a petroleum based light oil. It is a really bad idea to use it in quantity inside the house, especially for cleaning, as it isn't good to be breathing in the vapors . The lemon or orange oil idea way down in this thread is a much better idea for this type of use. I can't imagine why a realtor would use it to show a house - buyers would wrinkle their noses as the walk in.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:25 PM

I agree, Tesaje, and was also wondering about orange oil. It doesn't smudge? I just started using it on bathroom tile, and works fairly well there. I have a can of WD40, have had it for years, and don't think I have ever used it!!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:11 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,257,254 times
I think any oil can smudge if you use too much of it. This isn't my idea as I don't like the SS appliances. The oil would dissolve the oil fingerprints leave along with the dirt, but if you left a noticeable oil film, that would make a mess pretty soon too. Some of the orange oil products have detergents in them, so look at what you actually have.

WD-40 is for things in the garage (where's there's lots of ventilation). It isn't a really good light oil as it is too light for most lubrication jobs, but it can be useful for little squeaks, keeping tools from rusting, stuff like that.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:34 PM

OK.... I finally got some Spray-N-Wash
i kept forgetting it while at the store,,, so today while i was running errands, i made a specific trip to Target to get some..

FANTASTIC stuff!! whooda thunk it ... to use laundry spot cleaners for carpet stains.
my kids room ... heck knows what's been spilled on the carpeting the past 6 yrs ... must of it looked like coffee dribbles and some crusted on food.... all came up with minimal scrubbing.

I even got this stain out of my LR that i've tried every cleaner in the house on.... came up with no troubles at all.

I will always stock SNW now.

thanks to who ever mentioned it [i wasn't going to go back thru all the pages to find it]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House