Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: IYO... Are we about to experience a SHTF event
NO 42 37.17%
YES 21 18.58%
Very soon, less then 3 months 7 6.19%
In 6 months or so 8 7.08%
It will happen shortly, but last less then a month 1 0.88%
It will happen but gradually 16 14.16%
By next year big time event 3 2.65%
Absolutely, I'm expecting a form of civil war 11 9.73%
It will be a slow burn towards depression 16 14.16%
Our government will suspend the constitution and declare Marshall law 7 6.19%
other... explain 9 7.96%
Only wacko's believe in SHTF, not the town in Texas 8 7.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 05:14 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,150,374 times

Advertisements

I recently got my passport. Does that count?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2022, 05:46 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,943,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Could very well be along with some of the Media.
The mainstream media is just a mouthpiece for the current administration. And so is "the current administration."

Old 08-13-2022, 06:55 PM

7,324 posts, read 4,118,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
I used to think so. Now, I am wondering if there is any difference between the US government and the EU bureaucracy.

Quote:
“This is not a democracy any more: it’s a dictatorship,†says Jeroen van Maanen, a farmer with 130 cows in Zeewolde, central Netherlands, who has joined the protests.

Manure, when mixed with urine, releases ammonia, a nitrogen compound. If it enters lakes and streams via farm runoff, excessive nitrogen can damage sensitive natural habitats. The country has the seventh biggest livestock population in the EU but is comparatively small in size. This gives it Europe’s highest livestock density, with insufficient land to make good use of the waste from more than 100 million cattle, chickens and pigs.

Van Maanen says farmers are being unfairly targeted: “If you come for us and our families, you come at a farmer’s soul,†he says. “We’ve proposed all kinds of solutions but we are ignored. And finally, they come up with a plan for a reduction in livestock. No other sector has reduced nitrogen in the last 30 years [as much as] we have. This is why there’s a lot of emotion and pain.â€
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...s-to-livestock

Quote:
The driver also talked about how scandalized and angry he is that his young daughter's school is introducing gender ideology to the kids. He blamed the EU for this, saying that Brussels forces this stuff onto Cypriots by threatening to take away their money for roads if they don't accept pro-LGBT liberalism. He talked further about American culture as the driver of all this, saying, "we think you are all like Rome before the fall."
https://www.theamericanconservative....-roman-moment/

Old 08-13-2022, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
I used to think so. Now, I am wondering if there is any difference between the US government and the EU bureaucracy.
The EU would not be my planned escape route. I'm worried about water and wildfire, and they're in just as dire straits as we are.

Old 08-13-2022, 07:15 PM

2,637 posts, read 1,173,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
"unprecedented times of chaos and unrest."
Kinda like the rider on the Red Horse, in Revelation 6:4
"there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword." (KJV)

It is hard to say. That could very well be his goal, but I think he is just seeing how far he can push to tear us apart, little by little. Like the frog in the pot of warm water thing.

I picked it will be gradual. the Rev 6:4 you referenced sure did remind me of all the violence in NYC and everywhere else. The catch release thing Cuomo started which should be removed since he is now, I will just say, retired. It's seems it isn't just this Administration, it's the media, and other politicians. Although still the same party. It will happen I too just don't know when and can't guess when or what the last straw, so to speak, will be to trigger another pain in the Azz SHTF will happen.

No one saw Covid coming and I should have known something was coming when I noticed Doctors were wearing masks when they never use to for sprains and minor cuts. With that little squirrel mad scientist Fauci still alive and having connections with mad scientists in other Countries I have no doubt we are in for a plague.

Old 08-13-2022, 09:20 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,895,355 times
Quote:
The EU would not be my planned escape route. I'm worried about water and wildfire, and they're in just as dire straits as we are.
They are in far worse straits than we are. The EU is the canary in the coal mine of Western countries.

Old 08-14-2022, 03:55 AM

8,920 posts, read 4,636,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
My crystal ball is cloudy, but it does seem like the current administration is trying to provoke a civil war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Could very well be along with some of the Media.
They are trying to provoke, of course. But they want bits and pieces of the Right to come unhinged, so that they can paint the Right in a bad light, and dispose of the Patriots, piece by piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
The mainstream media is just a mouthpiece for the current administration. And so is "the current administration."
Hmmm, I suspect you can see the marionette holding this administration's puppet strings.

Old 08-14-2022, 06:19 AM

7,246 posts, read 5,117,125 times
I started predicting the RE crash of '08 30 yrs before it happened. I knew it would happen. I just didn't know when.....As Yogi said, " It's hard to make predictions, especially about the future."

Things like social/economic/political collapse are kinda like popping a balloon-- the pin may be approaching the balloon gradually, and easy to see the outcome, but the balloon doesn't pop gradually. It's an All-or-None phenomenon.

Given the Border Crisis, the Crime Wave, the Inflation-caused-by-energy-policy crisis, our silly foreign policy, the govt forcing us to buy Chinese, etc etc etc, the common thread is govt caused chaos...The solutions to each of these problems is obvious to everybody. The fact that "they" don't fix it implies they want it to continue, but then, that's the whole Philosophy behind Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, designed to cause a revolution.

They didn't ease The Czar out of the Kremlin a few steps at a time over six months.

Old 08-14-2022, 10:49 AM

10,300 posts, read 6,818,131 times
Quote:
Now that you've broadcast this on the internet, no. (If you'd kept this a secret, it might have been useful.)

Old 08-14-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Now that you've broadcast this on the internet, no. (If you'd kept this a secret, it might have been useful.)
Ha! You've got me there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness