Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:59 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,630,795 times

Advertisements

I followed this case on the old CourtTV board or the board that replaced it. There were people in the area these people lived in that did a lot of work in rounding up information on the case. Some were in contact with the family.

It was such a mysterious case and I did not think they would ever be found.

There have been a few other cases similar to this over the last few years, as well. There was one about a family from Michigan, I think. Also, the couple that went out to look at some property and were never seen again. They found the truck and I think there was money in the truck.

Very odd cases. I guess the McStays were not an alien abduction as some speculated.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 12:05 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,540 times
The McStay Family*Pictures - CBS News

There's two threads on this poor family, so posting this link with over 30 family photos in both. They appeared to be very loving and happy, so sad.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:50 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
I thought perhaps a chance they had left voluntarily, but most of the facts didn't point to that. Well, at least the family knows the truth and can settle it in their mind. So sad. What a world we live in.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:02 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,791 times
There was a book written about this case suggesting the mother had a shadowy past.

Clearly, they were never in Mexico, that was a false lead.

I had also read the father's business was failing, but they had $100,000 in the bank.

The house looks like a very ordinary tract house.

The kids were not taken so that seems to rule out a child trafficking situation.

If they were called out from the house, by a nefarious business associate (as as been speculated) why would they take the children?

Old 11-16-2013, 07:27 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
I had also read the father's business was failing
The mother did not have anything negative in her past and the father's business was doing well.
After discovery, mystery of McStay family's disappearance deepens - latimes.com

Old 11-16-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The mother did not have anything negative in her past and the father's business was doing well.
After discovery, mystery of McStay family's disappearance deepens - latimes.com

She was very unhappy about the move to Fallbrook. It is not nearly as upscale as the beach where they were living. Best known as the home of Tom Metzger.

Shammings of the Shames: February 2011

Summer McStay is in fact not named Summer and has changed her name at least twice in her lifetime. Here are some of her names: Lisa Aranda, Virginia Lisa Aranda, Summer Martelli, Summer McStay and Lisa Aranda Martelli.

Summer did not like to tell people she was Hispanic and really wanted to be Italian.

Summer was searching online for a homeopathic drug called “ANGER” which was said to help relieve the feeling of anger when sprayed into your mouth and tongue.

10News - Shocking theory about McStay family disappearance revealed in new book - 10News.com - News

Baker said he has spent the past three years investigating the case and reading personal and business emails written by Summer McStay.

"From the emails that she sent in the last year to family and friends and even business associates out of state from Arizona to North Carolina, we see a very different woman… I think, a very conflicted woman," explained Baker. "I use the word 'evil' because some of the thoughts that she put down on paper and emails and electronically sent to people show a very conflicted person... someone who was very unhappy, not just with her own personal life but with Joseph as well and with Joseph's extended family, and just not a very nice person."

10News - Shocking theory about McStay family disappearance revealed in new book - 10News.com - News

In the days following the McStay’s disappearance, many media outlets called them a "typical Southern California family." Baker begs to differ by suggesting that:

• Family tension was high in various ways
• Summer was allegedly involved in a loan modification "scam"
• The possible "crime scene" at the house was compromised by family members.
• Summer was trying to purchase a homeopathic medication for anger management and her family said she "had issues"
• Summer had a bank account in North Carolina (perhaps $80-100K that her husband may not have been aware of)
• Summer was not happy with her life, age, heritage and appearance
• Money was transferred out of Joseph McStay’s account by at least two people following his disappearance
• McStay extended family members "looted" the home
• Law enforcement might be "biding their time" by not revealing everything they know

'I will turn on you': Revealed, the shocking emails sent by wife to husband before they vanished without a trace with their two children three years ago

Summer, writing in Fall 2007 to Joseph:
Hey, I just finished a long conversation with my MOM. She had a lot to say so I have to get this thru your BIG FAT HEAD—Stop whatever it is your trying to do regarding my dad. You have been asked before now I have to Tell you to please knock it off.
We DO NOT want any contact with him.
If you keep this up your going to **** UP our relationship. I will not forgive you and I mean it. Your messing with our lives. I want you to Stop this bull s***, now!! My family life does not concern you what so ever. Why, the **** do you keep persisting?
When I’ve already spoken to you about this?? What are trying to do? Don’t you have your own bull s*** to worry about?? I’m so pissed off that you keep going on about this. In case, I wasn’t clear before, let it sink in now. Mind your own ****** business and DO NOT try to find my dad. If I should discover that you have ignored this message and keep digging around I will turn on you.
Do you understand?? Stay out of my business and worry about your own b******. I’m so sick of your nosy ass. You’d better stop or we’re over
I’m not going to go thru my life with someone who f****n opens a can of worms that no one wants just because you want to. I’m so pissed right now. This is ****** B*******!

Fifteen minutes later, Joseph responds:
I must say...this is one of the nastiest e-mails I every gotten....So Foul, I can’t believe it came from you...
Once again blown completely out of proportion and I thoroughly misunderstood your mom’s and your feelings toward your Dad...
So, definitely hear you “loud & clear”....will never be brought up again.
Wow...I’m deleting your e-mail. Its so harsh & sick!
L8

[LEFT]
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2kpSdOj00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2kpSLaYhF
[/LEFT]

Last edited by Vergofa; 11-16-2013 at 10:03 AM..

Old 11-16-2013, 11:02 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,654,429 times
Quote:
She was very unhappy about the move to Fallbrook. It is not nearly as upscale as the beach where they were living. Best known as the home of Tom Metzger.

Shammings of the Shames: February 2011

Summer McStay is in fact not named Summer and has changed her name at least twice in her lifetime. Here are some of her names: Lisa Aranda, Virginia Lisa Aranda, Summer Martelli, Summer McStay and Lisa Aranda Martelli.

Summer did not like to tell people she was Hispanic and really wanted to be Italian.

Summer was searching online for a homeopathic drug called “ANGER” which was said to help relieve the feeling of anger when sprayed into your mouth and tongue.

Baker said he has spent the past three years investigating the case and reading personal and business emails written by Summer McStay.

"From the emails that she sent in the last year to family and friends and even business associates out of state from Arizona to North Carolina, we see a very different woman… I think, a very conflicted woman," explained Baker. "I use the word 'evil' because some of the thoughts that she put down on paper and emails and electronically sent to people show a very conflicted person... someone who was very unhappy, not just with her own personal life but with Joseph as well and with Joseph's extended family, and just not a very nice person."

In the days following the McStay’s disappearance, many media outlets called them a "typical Southern California family." Baker begs to differ by suggesting that:

• Family tension was high in various ways
• Summer was allegedly involved in a loan modification "scam"
• The possible "crime scene" at the house was compromised by family members.
• Summer was trying to purchase a homeopathic medication for anger management and her family said she "had issues"
• Summer had a bank account in North Carolina (perhaps $80-100K that her husband may not have been aware of)
• Summer was not happy with her life, age, heritage and appearance
• Money was transferred out of Joseph McStay’s account by at least two people following his disappearance
• McStay extended family members "looted" the home
• Law enforcement might be "biding their time" by not revealing everything they know

'I will turn on you': Revealed, the shocking emails sent by wife to husband before they vanished without a trace with their two children three years ago

Summer, writing in Fall 2007 to Joseph:
Hey, I just finished a long conversation with my MOM. She had a lot to say so I have to get this thru your BIG FAT HEAD—Stop whatever it is your trying to do regarding my dad. You have been asked before now I have to Tell you to please knock it off.
We DO NOT want any contact with him.
If you keep this up your going to **** UP our relationship. I will not forgive you and I mean it. Your messing with our lives. I want you to Stop this bull s***, now!! My family life does not concern you what so ever. Why, the **** do you keep persisting?
When I’ve already spoken to you about this?? What are trying to do? Don’t you have your own bull s*** to worry about?? I’m so pissed off that you keep going on about this. In case, I wasn’t clear before, let it sink in now. Mind your own ****** business and DO NOT try to find my dad. If I should discover that you have ignored this message and keep digging around I will turn on you.
Do you understand?? Stay out of my business and worry about your own b******. I’m so sick of your nosy ass. You’d better stop or we’re over
I’m not going to go thru my life with someone who f****n opens a can of worms that no one wants just because you want to. I’m so pissed right now. This is ****** B*******!

Fifteen minutes later, Joseph responds:
I must say...this is one of the nastiest e-mails I every gotten....So Foul, I can’t believe it came from you...
Once again blown completely out of proportion and I thoroughly misunderstood your mom’s and your feelings toward your Dad...
So, definitely hear you “loud & clear”....will never be brought up again.
Wow...I’m deleting your e-mail. Its so harsh & sick!
L8

[LEFT]
Read more: 'I will turn on you': Revealed, the shocking emails sent by wife to husband before they vanished without trace three years ago | Mail Online

Read more: 'I will turn on you': Revealed, the shocking emails sent by wife to husband before they vanished without trace three years ago | Mail Online
[/LEFT]

What are you suggesting by the above? That she had him killed? But, she was killed and her children, too. Most-likely at the same time.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 11-16-2013 at 11:15 AM..

Old 11-16-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
She was very unhappy about the move to Fallbrook. It is not nearly as upscale as the beach where they were living....
I don't know that I'd take seriously someone's blog and a sensationalized book. Not really reputable sources, IMO.
Just read a couple of the comments about one of your links: "Rick Baker (author of book) is a birther....google "Rick Baker birther" .... to see how nutty these people are"
and
"Rick Baker should be sued for defamation of character against Summer now that the bodies of her and her husband were found."

Old 11-16-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I don't know that I'd take seriously someone's blog and a sensationalized book. Not really reputable sources, IMO.
Just read a couple of the comments about one of your links: "Rick Baker (author of book) is a birther....google "Rick Baker birther" .... to see how nutty these people are"
and
"Rick Baker should be sued for defamation of character against Summer now that the bodies of her and her husband were found."

UK Mail is not a blog, Rick Baker did not write the emails and you can not defame a dead person.

Game
Set
Match

Old 11-16-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
UK Mail is not a blog, Rick Baker did not write the emails...
Click on your first link; it's a blog (after that one, I stopped reading; sorry).

And Rick Baker is the author of the book you quoted, No Goodbyes.

from your news link: "Joseph McStay's brother told 10News over the phone that his family does not share the thoughts and opinions of Baker.
"If he has proof, then let him produce it," said Mike McStay, who spent months searching for his brother. Mike McStay said he believes Baker is twisting the truth so he can sell books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime