Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 06:15 AM

927 posts, read 968,774 times

Advertisements

Whoever fights monsters. Robert Ressler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 12:08 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Recently came across a podcast entitled Bad Bad Thing. It's the story of the murder-suicide of Meredith Chapman committed by Jennair Gerardot (whose husband was involved in an affair with Chapman) The crime took place in 2018. Recently, Mark (Jennair's husband) has been in the public. He's written a book, appeared on The Dr. Oz show and took part in a podcast that delved into the greater details of this tragedy.

I could go on further because it's a fascinating story and a great podcast but would rather you hear the story and details for yourself.

There are six episodes in all. The last episode was released this morning and was worth the wait. If you are a true crime buff and want to hear a most fascinating story, take a listen. I warn you to hold your judgment as to who is really the one to blame here because you might be surprised to find your opinion changing as you listen to the story.

If you aren't familiar with the backstory, I've included a news article to catch you up to speed and then the link for the podcasts.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...er/2222769001/

All six episodes to the podcast are found here:

https://www.podcastone.com/pd/Bad-Ba...lEpisodes=true

Old 08-25-2021, 05:14 AM

927 posts, read 968,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Recently came across a podcast entitled Bad Bad Thing. It's the story of the murder-suicide of Meredith Chapman committed by Jennair Gerardot (whose husband was involved in an affair with Chapman) The crime took place in 2018. Recently, Mark (Jennair's husband) has been in the public. He's written a book, appeared on The Dr. Oz show and took part in a podcast that delved into the greater details of this tragedy.

I could go on further because it's a fascinating story and a great podcast but would rather you hear the story and details for yourself.

There are six episodes in all. The last episode was released this morning and was worth the wait. If you are a true crime buff and want to hear a most fascinating story, take a listen. I warn you to hold your judgment as to who is really the one to blame here because you might be surprised to find your opinion changing as you listen to the story.

If you aren't familiar with the backstory, I've included a news article to catch you up to speed and then the link for the podcasts.

Sounds good I'm going to check it out thank you.

Old 08-25-2021, 06:15 AM

214 posts, read 180,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post

I have never heard of this story but sounds really interesting. Will Def listen to it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Old 08-25-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider62 View Post
Sounds good I'm going to check it out thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKB0925 View Post
I have never heard of this story but sounds really interesting. Will Def listen to it. Thanks for the recommendation!
You are both most welcome. You won't be disappointed.

Old 10-07-2021, 09:04 PM

I came across another true crime podcast that looks interesting. It's called Queen Of The Con - The Irish Heiress. It's the story of a woman who has spent a good deal of her adult life conning unsuspecting people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars and one man who had the courage to take her down. If you're interested in listening, here's where you can find it.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-...iris-87114857/

Old 10-10-2021, 02:18 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
"Small Sacrifices" by Ann Rule.

Old 04-09-2022, 09:52 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
"Columbine" by Dave Cullen. He holds your attention from the opening page to the final sentence. It's not written chronologically which for me is a plus. You get to know all of the players including the monsters who carried out this shooting. There is a thread in the book about how the live national TV coverage obscured the real facts in the case. Cullen was one of the first reporters on the scene and it took him ten years to finish the book. It's well-researched.

Old 10-29-2022, 05:12 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Man from the Train by Bill and Rachel (McCarthy) James has to be one of the most consequential as they possible solved the murders of over 100 people from the 1890s to 1910s, murders for which dozens of probably innocent people were executed or killed by mobs for. Great writing style as well, hard book to put down.

Old 11-04-2022, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 900 times
The Shadow Of Death: The Hunt For The Connecticut River Valley Killer - by Author: Philip E. Ginsburg
One of the best books I have read. Of course it was interesting to me, as it is abou my hometown area.

A riveting account of the search for a “latter-day Jack the Ripper” in New England: “Rich with characterization and insight, and a real page-turner” (Jonathan Kellerman).
In the mid-1980s, someone stabbed six women to death in the Connecticut River Valley on the border between New Hampshire and Vermont.
The murderer remains at large and the total number of his victims is unknown.
In this brilliant work of true crime reportage,New York Times–bestselling author "Philip E. Ginsburg" provides fascinating insights into the groundbreaking forensic methods used to track the killer and paints indelible portraits of the lives he cut so tragically short.
Neighbors used to leaving their doors unlocked suddenly wondered who among them was a sadistic serial killer.

I have an idea of who it is or was....but nothing but speculation. here is a lady named Lynn Carty, who seems to think she has it all figured out, but clearly many of us locals, believe she is barking up the wrong tree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime