Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2023, 03:11 PM

192 posts, read 256,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
And how many lives have you saved with a gun, Mr. Big Talker? Five, ten, fifty? Commies everywhere are waiting to be impressed.

And how many concealed carriers protected all the children shot recently? None. Worthless.

Last year the owner of Giovanni's Pizza got himself shot and killed when pulling his weapon to "defend himself." If he had no gun he would have lost some money but spared his life.

A lot of people with these permits have gotten too old to defend themselves. They all like to think they can out-draw everyone else. Wrong. They're lucky if they can find their keys.
It doesn't matter what you think or how you feel Comrade.

Shall not be infringed.

So cry a little more as the little tyrant get shredded by the courts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2023, 12:50 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,645 times
Too true RobR73!!!!!

Old 09-26-2023, 10:11 AM

983 posts, read 543,764 times
10 cities in the U.S. with the most murders

https://hiphopcnn.com/2023/09/21/top...-most-murders/

I notice that not all of those cities are huge, only a few are the largest in the country. I find it inetersting that NY city is not at the top of the list.

Population of these cities: Chicago (2.7 million)? NY city has 8.7 million, L.A. has 3.8 million, Detroit 632,465 (?!!), Memphis 633,104, Houston 2.3 million, Philadelphia 1.6 million, Baltimore 585,708, Phoenix 1.6 million, Kansas City, Mo 508,090.

People in Albuquerque (I suspect mostly foreigners from the mid west, though maybe they aren't all from the midwest) always complain about crime in Albuquerque, but they have no clue. Albuquerque has a population of 564,599. Close to size as some of the cities on the list.

Old 11-21-2023, 09:34 AM

121 posts, read 166,380 times
I was just in Albuquerque for a weeklong visit. What a weird city. Here are my crime/security observations.

1. The last time I was driving through ABQ on Central Avenue was back in 2015. My takeaway then was there were a lot of rough-looking vagrants all over the place.

This time around and Central Avenue is so much worse. It is full-on "Hamsterdam" from the HBO series "The Wire" at this point. I wonder if the police purposefully funnel people into the Eastern portion of Central Avenue. It might be the worst area I have even seen and possibly the worst stretch of America behind Skid Row in Los Angeles.

2. Every Fast Food joint had door locks on the bathrooms. Two places buzzed me into the Men's Room from behind the counter like I was in prison or something. One place didn't give me the key but unlocked it for me as if someone had run off with the key before.

3. The upscale, 2nd-story, Target in ABQ Uptown(?) had two security guards at the entrance wearing tactical gear. [I doubt their vests had armor plates]. Other random businesses that weren't upscale had security guards as well.

4. I was chatting with a barista who had been living in ABQ for 3 years. She told me her first apartment was in an area nicknamed "The Warzone".

5. Just lots and lots of really, really, rough-looking people all over the place.

6. Surprisingly, ABQ didn't have that much trash littering the streets compared to Tuscon [which had trash everywhere except for the nice areas].

7. It's a shame because ABQ has so much potential.

Old 11-21-2023, 11:12 AM

5,038 posts, read 7,417,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Dave View Post
I was just in Albuquerque for a weeklong visit. What a weird city. Here are my crime/security observations.
How many crimes were you a victim of, or did you see happening?

Since you didn't mention this, I'm guessing none.

Old 11-21-2023, 03:14 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,948,846 times
Quote:

1. The last time I was driving through ABQ on Central Avenue was back in 2015. My takeaway then was there were a lot of rough-looking vagrants all over the place.

This time around and Central Avenue is so much worse. It is full-on "Hamsterdam" from the HBO series "The Wire" at this point. I wonder if the police purposefully funnel people into the Eastern portion of Central Avenue. It might be the worst area I have even seen and possibly the worst stretch of America behind Skid Row in Los Angeles.

2. Every Fast Food joint had door locks on the bathrooms. Two places buzzed me into the Men's Room from behind the counter like I was in prison or something. One place didn't give me the key but unlocked it for me as if someone had run off with the key before.

3. The upscale, 2nd-story, Target in ABQ Uptown(?) had two security guards at the entrance wearing tactical gear. [I doubt their vests had armor plates]. Other random businesses that weren't upscale had security guards as well.

4. I was chatting with a barista who had been living in ABQ for 3 years. She told me her first apartment was in an area nicknamed "The Warzone".

5. Just lots and lots of really, really, rough-looking people all over the place.

6. Surprisingly, ABQ didn't have that much trash littering the streets compared to Tuscon [which had trash everywhere except for the nice areas].

It's just the general trend of pretty much all of America. In Seattle we have security guards with guns at some stores like Fred Meyer and the guards checks everyone's receipts.

It all started when arresting people for shoplifting was considered racist and democrats wanted people who commit shop lifting a free pass if it was under 950 dollars. People got want they voted for. And get this in 2024 when Biden wins again you can be sure they may need swat teams at stores because the left and democrats enjoy the current state of crime in America.

I don't even want to travel anymore. You can't escape how you feel like a criminal walking into a place and the socks and underwear are locked up. It's all over Seattle metro region now. The basics of life are under lock and key. Again this is the life USA people wanted so enjoy it.

Old 11-21-2023, 05:59 PM

192 posts, read 256,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
How many crimes were you a victim of, or did you see happening?

Since you didn't mention this, I'm guessing none.
That is quite the odd flex but I'm not surprised coming from you.

Everything he posted is factually correct and for some reason you're OK with this since you don't dispute any of his claims because that is the current state of our city.

Apparently you're OK with what's happening in our city because he wasn't shot, stabbed, or carjacked on that one day.

This is your daily reminder that liberalism is a mental disorder. Keep voting for *******s that promise a utopia when all they deliver is a dystopia.

Old 11-22-2023, 07:44 AM

983 posts, read 543,764 times
Quote:

Maybe you need to actually explore more of the city. "The War Zone" is along Central Ave. Probably near Zuni street. Go further north and you will have a different experience, except maybe the locked bathrooms, because of all the homeless people who are everywhere (not just in Albuquerque).

Old 11-22-2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73 View Post
That is quite the odd flex but I'm not surprised coming from you.

Everything he posted is factually correct and for some reason you're OK with this since you don't dispute any of his claims because that is the current state of our city.

Apparently you're OK with what's happening in our city because he wasn't shot, stabbed, or carjacked on that one day.

This is your daily reminder that liberalism is a mental disorder. Keep voting for *******s that promise a utopia when all they deliver is a dystopia.
And I've lived here for 34 years, do you think I need someone to tell me what it's like after a one-day visit? I haven't been "shot, stabbed, or carjacked" all this time. Have you?

It's like a person who comes into your home and heads straight for the junk corner of your garage, and hangs out there, and then leaves and tells everyone that's what your home is like.

The old ladies I know don't seem fazed by "rough-looking" people and don't live in fear the way you seem to. You're worse than an old lady.

And how many bathrooms did this guy have to use at fast food joints? Must have an overactive bladder. What an odd thing to comment about. I've encountered locked bathrooms in high-traffic parts of the city but not in 95% of the city. Is this really something to be alarmed about? Sounds like he's really trying hard to find things to complain about. Get a life, dude.

Meanwhile, red states and counties send their homeless to blue cities, because this is where the services are. Municipalities in Texas and Oklahoma have been doing this for decades. I've volunteered extensively at a homeless agency downtown, and saw for myself. They're told they have no services for them there, asked if they'd like to go to Albuquerque where there are lots of services, so of course they say yes and are given a one-way ticket. Then red states point to the problems in blue cities which they helped create. How convenient!

Old 11-22-2023, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73 View Post
By the way, if it's so bad here, what are you still doing here? I thought you'd have taken off for a right-wing utopia by now, like Mississippi, or Wyoming (which has the highest suicide rate). Life's too short to live someplace you're not happy. And I guess it's even shorter in a place like Wyoming.

You're actually one of my favorite types of people: conservatives who love to insult liberals, yet choose to live in a liberal city and state. The hypocrisy is too gorgeousl

Last edited by aries63; 11-22-2023 at 09:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque