Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2023, 08:19 PM

192 posts, read 256,850 times

Advertisements

Aries: Hardly anyone experiences violent crime in Albuquerque.

Body cam footage of 100's of people being terrorized in a mall on black Friday.

Your brainwashed liberal policies are making Albuquerque worse, but you still support them.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity. Congrats you're already there.

https://twitter.com/NatassjOfficial/...46029518078286
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2023, 08:43 PM

This happens every single day but APD claims property crime is down. It's down because businesses and homeowners realize it is a fruitless endeavor to even report crime anymore.

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico/small...ple-robberies/

Old 11-29-2023, 09:06 AM

5,038 posts, read 7,417,088 times
Whatever you say, Proud Boy. Keep it coming, get it all out of your system! You're on a roll...

Like I say, in spite of your frothing at the mouth you choose to live here, so I'll finally believe things are as bad as you say when you move to a nice conservative place like Hobbs. Until you do, I'll say your staying here speaks louder than your words.

Old 11-29-2023, 12:55 PM

We live now in the age of viral videos, there's 1000x more than there used to be, between bodycams, secuirity videos, and smartphones. I think crime was worse in the 1990s, but there was almost no video of crime in action then. Today people overdose themselves on videos of crime on a perpetual loop, and so get the impression that crime is worse than it used to be. But the positive aspect is that the videos often help law enforcement identify suspects very quickly.

According to Gallup:

"More than three-quarters of Americans, 77%, believe there is more crime in the U.S. than a year ago, and a majority, 55%, say the same about crime in their local area.

Both figures are similar to what Gallup measured last year and rank among the most pessimistic readings in the respective trends. Gallup has asked Americans about the direction of local crime since 1972 and national crime since 1989. The high point in perceptions of increased local crime is the 56% registered last year, while the record high for national crime is 89% in 1992. Ratings of increased local crime were about as high as the current ratings in 1981 (54%) and 1992 (54%)."

Old 11-29-2023, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Whatever you say, Proud Boy. Keep it coming, get it all out of your system! You're on a roll...

Like I say, in spite of your frothing at the mouth you choose to live here, so I'll finally believe things are as bad as you say when you move to a nice conservative place like Hobbs. Until you do, I'll say your staying here speaks louder than your words.
Your daily reminder that liberalism is a mental disorder.

Old 11-30-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73 View Post
Your daily reminder that liberalism is a mental disorder.
You really should try a more liberal country than the US, if crime is your major issue. Those countries have more restrictive gun laws, and very low crime. Portugal has less than 1/12 the rate of gun crime that the US has, with more restrictive gun laws. Self-defense is not considered a legal reason for owning a firearm there. They have 21 guns for every 100 people, compared to 120 guns per 100 people in the US.

Or you can continue saying how necessary and good guns are for self-defense, and then continue to act shocked when people misuse them.

You sound like more like a liberal all the time:

"The new national survey by Pew Research Center, conducted from April 5-11, 2021 among 5,109 adults, finds that 73% of Democrats consider gun violence to be a very big problem for the country today, compared with just 18% of Republicans who say the same."

And you say liberals are the ones "normalizing" crime.

Probably the most damning evidence against Republicans:

"A survey published [in 2022] shows that nearly half of Republican voters in the United States believe mass shootings of the kind that took the lives of 19 young children Uvalde, Texas last month are "unfortunately something we have to accept as part of a free society.""

Old 11-30-2023, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
You really should try a more liberal country than the US, if crime is your major issue. Those countries have more restrictive gun laws, and very low crime. Portugal has less than 1/12 the rate of gun crime that the US has, with more restrictive gun laws. Self-defense is not considered a legal reason for owning a firearm there. They have 21 guns for every 100 people, compared to 120 guns per 100 people in the US.

Or you can continue saying how necessary and good guns are for self-defense, and then continue to act shocked when people misuse them.

You sound like more like a liberal all the time:

"The new national survey by Pew Research Center, conducted from April 5-11, 2021 among 5,109 adults, finds that 73% of Democrats consider gun violence to be a very big problem for the country today, compared with just 18% of Republicans who say the same."

And you say liberals are the ones "normalizing" crime.

Probably the most damning evidence against Republicans:

"A survey published [in 2022] shows that nearly half of Republican voters in the United States believe mass shootings of the kind that took the lives of 19 young children Uvalde, Texas last month are "unfortunately something we have to accept as part of a free society.""
You need to see a mental healthcare professional.

Old 12-05-2023, 12:18 PM

24 posts, read 37,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat56 View Post
That is a bad situation and it is bad because of the management, which has nothing to do with Albuquerque. There is one more thing you can do, go to einstein bagles webpage and report it to them. That page should be for the coroporate headquarters. It is a good thing you are doing.

The Einstein Bagels on Osuna and I-25 is very nice, good staff, clean, comfortable environment. The one on Juan Tabo and Menaul is not nice, but it is the people that are rude and careless, the environment isn't bad like you describe at the Rio Rancho branch. If you want bagels it might be worth the drive across the river and a little south to go to the one on Osuna.
I don't believe you read my enter post DesertRat56. It does have to do with Albuquerque, because none of the other 4 places I have lived have had any issues ANYWHERE close to the dumb things that happen here.

Yes, I agree the manager is the problem, but there certainly are a LOT of managers that are the problem here in Albuquerque/Rio Rancho. Is it everyone? No, but don't sweep the problem under the rug by saying "It has nothing to do with Albuquerque".

Latest issue:

Wendy's in Rio Rancho, off of NM-528 and Leon Grande.

They had a wrong price for a Bacon Double Stack on their menu board. I informed the manager there, and she didn't really seem to care because she replied with "Oh we have a lot of wrong prices, I have a couple in my restaurant right now. I'll go out there and check it, and let you know".

I didn't get the greatest feeling about that, so I went back today, same wring prices. I asked for the manager again, different manager this time, and once again, she didn't seem to care about what was going on. She actually gave me a weird face (like a fake smile when you close your eyes? It's rude) when I explained that it's a big problem, and actually illegal. She did go tell someone, and then all of a sudden they were out at the drive-thru menu board. However, that still didn't stop me from calling NM Weights and Measures, and Wendy's HQ. The wendy's representative at corporate must have been told this is a big deal because she couldn't get off the phone fast enough to let someone know.

So, this restaurant in Albuquerque is now 2/2 for rude, uncaring managers. Huh, that's 100%. I wonder where they were born and raised?

I hope you guys do take offense to this, in an effort to make the area better. I'm just talking about businesses, nothing else. Ask yourself what can you do to make Albuquerque a better place to live. My focus is the local businesses around me that absolutely are horrible compared to other places I've lived.

-Pat

Old 12-06-2023, 09:41 AM

983 posts, read 543,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeinauer View Post
I don't believe you read my enter post DesertRat56. It does have to do with Albuquerque, because none of the other 4 places I have lived have had any issues ANYWHERE close to the dumb things that happen here.

Yes, I agree the manager is the problem, but there certainly are a LOT of managers that are the problem here in Albuquerque/Rio Rancho. Is it everyone? No, but don't sweep the problem under the rug by saying "It has nothing to do with Albuquerque".

Latest issue:

Wendy's in Rio Rancho, off of NM-528 and Leon Grande.

They had a wrong price for a Bacon Double Stack on their menu board. I informed the manager there, and she didn't really seem to care because she replied with "Oh we have a lot of wrong prices, I have a couple in my restaurant right now. I'll go out there and check it, and let you know".

I didn't get the greatest feeling about that, so I went back today, same wring prices. I asked for the manager again, different manager this time, and once again, she didn't seem to care about what was going on. She actually gave me a weird face (like a fake smile when you close your eyes? It's rude) when I explained that it's a big problem, and actually illegal. She did go tell someone, and then all of a sudden they were out at the drive-thru menu board. However, that still didn't stop me from calling NM Weights and Measures, and Wendy's HQ. The wendy's representative at corporate must have been told this is a big deal because she couldn't get off the phone fast enough to let someone know.

So, this restaurant in Albuquerque is now 2/2 for rude, uncaring managers. Huh, that's 100%. I wonder where they were born and raised?

I hope you guys do take offense to this, in an effort to make the area better. I'm just talking about businesses, nothing else. Ask yourself what can you do to make Albuquerque a better place to live. My focus is the local businesses around me that absolutely are horrible compared to other places I've lived.

-Pat
It sounds more like you are blaming Albuquerque for problems in Rio Rancho, which is NOT Albuquerque. It never has been, it was created for witness protection in the 60's, then it blew up to it's own city.

Old 02-20-2024, 01:53 PM

55 posts, read 18,677 times
Is this whole thread just 2 people arguing with each other?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque